Where to find Loctite in the Kamala area?

Damaz6052

Gsxrnz, you're most likely correct but just clarifying the point.

In my company we us the threadlocker on various components but we also have a glass department, so we use a few Loctite products for the glass (rear windscreen heaters).

Damaz, you might find it in the DIY section of one of the bigger hardware type shops, such as Homepro.

Loctite , as in superglue ?

7/11 sell it belive it or not.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

You are correct. Threadlocker is super glue without the color. Depends on how much you put on as to how easy it will be to remove.

Wrong. Loctite is a brand of threadlocker that makes different threadlocker for different applications. As another member stated, red, green or blue. See below link for their different threadlockers.

http://www.loctiteusers.com/category/threadlocking/

It's not about the quantity you apply to the thread, as to how hard, or easy, it will be able to be removed in the future, it's about which Loctite product you chose for the job.

Coincidently, I was going to post, if the OP can not source Loctite on Phuket, he could use superglue, but if he does not want the nut and bolt to come off, ever, he could tack weld the bolt to the nut, and then the only way for it to come off is with drilling it out, or grinding it off.

Edited by NamKangMan

Loctite , as in superglue ?

7/11 sell it belive it or not.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

You are correct. Threadlocker is super glue without the color. Depends on how much you put on as to how easy it will be to remove.

Wrong. Loctite is a brand of threadlocker that makes different threadlocker for different applications. As another member stated, red, green or blue. See below link for their different threadlockers.

http://www.loctiteusers.com/category/threadlocking/

It's not about the quantity you apply to the thread, as to how hard, or easy, it will be able to be removed in the future, it's about which Loctite product you chose for the job.

Coincidently, I was going to post, if the OP can not source Loctite on Phuket, he could use superglue, but if he does not want the nut and bolt to come off, ever, he could tack weld the bolt to the nut, and then the only way for it to come off is with drilling it out, or grinding it off.

Correct with the Loctite explanation, because it isn't an adhesive as such, it is a polymer which actually fills the microscopic gaps between two metal surfaces..........if you look at metal surfaces under a microscope you will see the peaks and the valleys, which is what this polymer fills therefore making a type of key which locks the two objects in place. And it is an anaerobic polymer, which therefore only cures by lack of oxygen/air, so if you leave a blob on a surface, it will remain liquid.

As for the superglue, well that is a cyanoacrylate adhesive and although it can be very strong in certain conditions, it is subject to weakening by moisture ingress, so may not last on surfaces which are open to moisture.

Edited by xylophone

Thanks for the replies! Just to clarify I am looking for Loctite 241. I was hoping to find it closer to home. My next stop is Bangkok Tool Shop, Smakong.

OP - can you tell us what you're bolting together as there are other solutions aside from a threadlocker.

You could use nyloc self locking nuts (assuming a nut is involved). Although no good if exposed to serious heat.

If you have exposed thread you could use locking wire which is what we did in the old days. Either wrap it on the spare thread and secure it to a locking point, or drill a hole and use locking wire or a split pin.

Or if it's only a bolt with no visible thread, using a spring washer in conjunction with drilling a hole transversely through the bolt head and inserting locking wire will do the trick.

If it's exposed to serious heat as in say head bolts, dip the bolts in grease before you torque them up. Grease acts as a threadlocker when heated naturally by the engine.

In addition, you can always mark the bolt/nut with a dab of paint so an inspection will show any movement.

Edited by Gsxrnz
  • Like 2

• 5 weeks later...

check the shop across from Big c that has everything

Big C where ?

Richard is talking about the shop opposite BigC in Kamala, next to the Wednesday/Saturday market. MWMTNM (Man With Many Things Near Market) is what we call it.