PRECISE INFO ON O A VISA

Hi everybody

I am applying now for a OA visa multiple entry but won't enter into Thailand before let's say feb 2015 1st..

Could you tell me when I will have to renew my visa in Thailand..

First of all : visa valid from now or one year after entering into Thailand ??

. NOW : supposing I don't travel out of Thailand till I renew the visa, will I have then to renew it in october 2015 or feb 2016 ??

. LAST : if I go to whatever country for example in May 2015, I will supposingly get a one year stamp put on my passport when I come back to Thailand.. so for exemple I go out on May 1st and come back on June 1st... Do I still have to renew my visa according to the answer to question one i.e. october 2015 or feb 2016 or is my visa still valid till June 2016 (one year after reentering from my trip)

Thanks a lot to everyone

Have a nice week end

You should apply in February not now.

The reason is that if you get your visa now the last time you can re-enter to be given one year in country will be sept . 2015 instead on February 2016.

You would loose about four months.

BTW you do not renew you visa, you obtain an extension of stay in Thailand. otherwise you can apply for a new visa in your home country/

Edited by paz

OK. Thanks a lot..

It was just to give dates to get a precise info.. If I understand well then, if reentering Thailand before your 1st visa expires, you get one year extension and don't need to present all documentation again to get in Thailand one more year.. Is it like this every year ?? which could then lead to infitinte visa without presenting again documentation or is it only during the first visa course ??

Thanks again

Have a nice week end

No, it's not like that, no infinite visa.

Every time you enter the country before the "enter before" date you are allowed to stay one year. That is not called extension.

There are many, many threads that explain the OA visa if you can take the time to read.

Edited by paz

Hi

I did read, but what surprises me is.. if you go out of the country and reenter before visa expiry, you get one year extension.. then according to you, same thing following year and so on.. in this case, never have to prove your incomes or the 800.000 bahts on account..

That is what surprises me

Have a nice sunday

You should wait util at least January to apply for your visa. The visa validity starts from the date of issue not entry.

When you enter the country in February you will get a one year permitted to stay date. You will get a new permit to stay of one year from the date you enter up to the date your visa expires.

After your visa expires you will need to get a re-entry permit to keep your permit to stay valid if you leave the country. When that permit to stay ends you will either need to get a new OA visa or apply for an extension of stay immigration. To get the extension you will need show the 800k baht in the bank or proof of 65k baht income or a combination of the 2 to reach a total of 800k baht,

Hi

I did read, but what surprises me is.. if you go out of the country and reenter before visa expiry, you get one year extension.. then according to you, same thing following year and so on.. in this case, never have to prove your incomes or the 800.000 bahts on account..

That is what surprises me

Have a nice sunday

What you have stated above is not true. Suggest you re-read the information and the advice others have given you on this thread.

Leave Thailand and re-enter the day before your multiply entry O-A visa expires and you will be given one more year, you will need a re-entry permit to come and go or you will lose that final one year. You do not need a re-entry permit for the first year. There are no magic visas in Thailand that give you unlimited permission to stay they are typically 60 days 90 days or 1 year

Isn't it irrelevant when you apply for a visa - assuming you enter Thailand within 12 months of it's issue at the embassy. Then the 12 month clock starts to tick. I have a multi entry "O" one year visa and have to leave the country every 90 days. As I am over 65 and in receipt of a state pension, I didn't have to prove my income.

Isn't it irrelevant when you apply for a visa - assuming you enter Thailand within 12 months of it's issue at the embassy. Then the 12 month clock starts to tick. I have a multi entry "O" one year visa and have to leave the country every 90 days. As I am over 65 and in receipt of a state pension, I didn't have to prove my income.

The one year the visa is valid for starts from the date of issue. If you got the visa one month before your first entry you would only be able to use the visa for 11 months to enter the country.

• Like 1

Hi everybody

Thanks a lot.. I got it..

I had seen the various posts.. but I didn't believe one year visa could give you nearly a permit to stay for 2 years..;

In my tiny mind, one year was one year, so I thought that visa for example issued in november, entrance in Thailand, new visa had to be made in Thailand in november 2015 with all income proves (I have in fact so no problem).. But if I can avoid the trouble doing it, still better

Thanks to everybody and have a nice week

The one year the visa is valid for starts from the date of issue. If you got the visa one month before your first entry you would only be able to use the visa for 11 months to enter the country.

If that's correct. I have been the wrong information by the Hull Consulate - oh dear! Actually it doesn't make any difference to my arrangements, but I will check back with the embassy or consulate on my return. Also, the wording of the visa is very misleading in that case.

If that's correct. I have been the wrong information by the Hull Consulate - oh dear! Actually it doesn't make any difference to my arrangements, but I will check back with the embassy or consulate on my return. Also, the wording of the visa is very misleading in that case.

Of course it is correct, but I suspect you did not understood that on each entry you are allowed to stay for one year.

Sorry, you are right I don't understand what you mean by "each entry you are allowed to stay for one year". I was specifically told that I could only stay for 90 days for each entry and would have to re-enter to get another 90 days and could stay for a max of 12 months (i.e. a minimum of 4 entries in 12 months) before having to apply for a new visa. It was clearly explained to me and now I am somewhat confused!

Sorry, you are right I don't understand what you mean by "each entry you are allowed to stay for one year". I was specifically told that I could only stay for 90 days for each entry and would have to re-enter to get another 90 days and could stay for a max of 12 months (i.e. a minimum of 4 entries in 12 months) before having to apply for a new visa. It was clearly explained to me and now I am somewhat confused!

That is for non-imm 'O' visa, and excluding any extension that you may obtain in Thailand. You can stay 15 months with that when you make an entry close to the expiration date.

But this thread is about non-imm O-A visa, that is different.

Edited by paz
  • Like 1

Any time & every time you enter the country before the visa "use-by" date you will get a fresh permission to stay for a year from the date you enter.

I am little confused by that line - I thought all the permissions to stay are normally 90 days instead of one year. Does that apply for O-A visa only or all the multi-entries visa types?

Sorry, I did not catch other earlier comments properly. Now I understand this thread means for O-A visa only. Please discard this comment except I wish this could apply to other non-imm visas too sad.png

Edited by nabbie

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

This thread is about Non-Imm O-A visas not Non-Imm O visas. They are not the same. For the first year after issue, a Non-Imm O-A gets you a full year's permission to stay each and every time you enter the country. If you exit and re-enter just before the Non-Imm O-A visa expires you will still get another PERMISSION TO STAY for one year ... which means you will be able to manage nearly two years of stay in Thailand from the visa if you first enter soon after it is issued.

While here on the PERMISSION TO STAY you were given when entering on the O-A, you do not need to do border runs every 90 days, but you do need to do a 90 day report to Immigrations.

During the second year of your PERMISSION TO STAY the visa will have expired and you will need a re-entry permit to allow you to exit and re-enter the country while keeping your PERMISSION TO STAY.

Ooops! Sorry, I got the impression you knew what you were talking about and somehow I'd got it wrong.
Thanks for your patience.
Cheers

You're confused. The information given here is correct for NON-IMM O-A visas, You are talking about Non-Imm O visas.

NON-IMM O-A NON-IMM-O Can you spot the difference?

I'm sure you'll do well in Thailand with that attitude though.

Edited by Suradit69

Any time & every time you enter the country before the visa "use-by" date you will get a fresh permission to stay for a year from the date you enter.

I am little confused by that line - I thought all the permissions to stay are normally 90 days instead of one year. Does that apply for O-A visa only or all the multi-entries visa types?

Sorry, I did not catch other earlier comments properly. Now I understand this thread means for O-A visa only. Please discard this comment except I wish this could apply to other non-imm visas too sad.png

Yes this applies only to NON-IMM O-A VISAS and to PERMISSION TO STAY given when entering the country. It does NOT APPLY to Non-Imm O visas and it does NOT APPLY to EXTENSIONS OF STAY granted at an immigrations office within Thailand.

The O-A VISA can be used to enter or re-enter Thailand for one year after it is issued.

If you first enter on 1 January, immigrations at the airport will give you PERMISSION TO STAY until 31 December.

If you go out of the country and return on 1 June, the clock is still ticking on the expiration of your NON-IMM O-A VISA, but you will be granted a new PERMISSION TO STAY good until 31 May of the following year.

If you go out of the country and return just before the NON-IMM O-A VISA expires, the visa will soon die, but you will be granted a new PERMISSION TO STAY good for one year from the last time you entered the country.

Edited by Suradit69

Ooops! Sorry, I got the impression you knew what you were talking about and somehow I'd got it wrong.

Thanks for your patience.

Cheers

In any case the Hull Consulate don't issue non-imm OA visas which can only be obtained in the UK from the Royal Thai Embassy in London.

To Suradit:

I find your response a little insulting and unnecessary. I didn't read the O-A in the first porting as some others didn't - ok, I admit that important things can be in the detail, but we all miss detail that doesn't make me stupid and was it really necessary for you to state "NON-IMM O-A NON-IMM-O" adding the unpleasant "Can you spot the difference?"? Unnecessary side swipe on Thais as well, by the way.

I am new to this forum and hope that most folks don't feel the need to make those sort of childish insults.

By the way, OJAS, I know Hull Consulate don't issue OA etc. visas and I didn't I say they that, which is why I applied to London to get my O visa - however, Hull Consulate are far more accessible on the phone an respond virtually by return to emails AND, as it turns out, did give me the right advise.

I apologised in my earlier email for the misunderstanding and would like to lay this to rest as did nabbie

To Suradit:

I find your response a little insulting and unnecessary. I didn't read the O-A in the first porting as some others didn't - ok, I admit that important things can be in the detail, but we all miss detail that doesn't make me stupid and was it really necessary for you to state "NON-IMM O-A NON-IMM-O" adding the unpleasant "Can you spot the difference?"? Unnecessary side swipe on Thais as well, by the way.

I am new to this forum and hope that most folks don't feel the need to make those sort of childish insults.

By the way, OJAS, I know Hull Consulate don't issue OA etc. visas and I didn't I say they that, which is why I applied to London to get my O visa - however, Hull Consulate are far more accessible on the phone an respond virtually by return to emails AND, as it turns out, did give me the right advise.

I apologised in my earlier email for the misunderstanding and would like to lay this to rest as did nabbie

16 posts and already you're an expert in residence.

The header is a little hard to miss:

PRECISE INFO ON O A VISA

You think this isn't rude and insulting to the person who posted correct information?

Ooops! Sorry, I got the impression you knew what you were talking about ...

In any case the Hull Consulate don't issue non-imm OA visas which can only be obtained in the UK from the Royal Thai Embassy in London.

Edited by Suradit69

I'm not sure what you want from me. I apologised - we all make mistakes. I will add that you need to read my posts more carefully before going into attack mode! Allow me to make mistakes please and I wasn't the only one who didn't understand, was I? Or did you miss that post?

By the way, what makes you think because I've only made 16 posts on this forum that I don't have any experience?

Do you think that knowledge of Thai living only revolves around Thaivisa forums?

OK enough now. Take care and have fun - Bye

Cheers

• Like 1

To Suradit:

You must be mistaken. The view on here is that the multi Non O with state pension can only be obtained at consulates.

I'm not sure what you want from me. I apologised - we all make mistakes. I will add that you need to read my posts more carefully before going into attack mode! Allow me to make mistakes please and I wasn't the only one who didn't understand, was I? Or did you miss that post?

By the way, what makes you think because I've only made 16 posts on this forum that I don't have any experience?

Do you think that knowledge of Thai living only revolves around Thaivisa forums?

OK enough now. Take care and have fun - Bye

Cheers

I suggest you re-read the post where you apologized. The way you worded your post it could very well be taken as an insult implying that UbonJoe doesn't know what he is talking about.

That said, when I read your post the first time I did believe you were trying to apologize, but just didn't manage to get the words out the right way.

Sophon

So why are you banging on about O visas in a topic relating to OA visas then??

I really am very sorry for any offence I caused and really meant the apology. I made an honest mistake - a stupid one? I know you guys are very experienced in these things (as I said several times). I've been getting visas for a number of countries (mostly Thailand) for a few years. The one year visa was new to me last year. All I did was stupidly and sloppily misread the first and probably subsequent posts (as did others). I am sorry that my apology did not sound genuine. I have certainly learnt a lesson on this forum and will be extra vigilant when I post again. I do not like confrontation (As most people would tell you). I would however, appreciate a bit of slack. I've obviously ruffled a few feathers even though I have apologised and explained several times.

I humbly apologise for causing you all a load of hassle - please accept this apology.

• Like 1