Thailand beach murders: Hannah Witheridge and David Miller may have argued in bar with gangster

Lite Beer

There was an article just up on the telegraph site about Sean and the mafia threat - link was posted 37mins ago and now it doesnt work!

He said he was threatened by two mafia men saying that they knew he was guilty and that they were going to make him hang from a tree and make it look like he had committed suicide. Said that he presumed they knew who was guilty but that they wanted to set him up. Not sure how that would working considering the DNA points to 2 Asians. Baffled..

• Replies 508
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There was an article just up on the telegraph site about Sean and the mafia threat - link was posted 37mins ago and now it doesnt work!

He said he was threatened by two mafia men saying that they knew he was guilty and that they were going to make him hang from a tree and make it look like he had committed suicide. Said that he presumed they knew who was guilty but that they wanted to set him up. Not sure how that would working considering the DNA points to 2 Asians. Baffled..

its still up

oh it's back up

He said:

"They just said to me: 'It was you who killed them. You've got two people's deaths on your hands. We know it was you. You're going to hang yourself tonight and we are going to watch you hang. You will die tonight.'"

"You've got two people's deaths on your hands" seems like quite idiomatic English for a Thai.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/asia/thailand/11113268/Terrified-Briton-flees-Thai-island-after-mafia-death-threat.html

"The police chief denied recieving reports of death threats against Mr McAnna even though he met him on Monday morning and told the British traveller: "I am sensitive about your feelings. You don't worry, ok?"

No one is going to be caught are they.

No, because it is very likely that money has already changed hands and deals have been made. Money rules in this country, not empathy, moral or justice. This case and investigation was already over, when a policeman said "No Thai did this".

A lot of sensoring going on by the Thai police, maybe they should spend their time constructively doing their job and catch the guilty.

Did Thai murder victims argue with island gangster before they were brutally killed? Locals claim no one will speak out 'because they are too scared'
  • Locals in Koh Tao claim the island has a violent criminal 'underbelly'
  • Source says no locals will speak to police for fear of their own lives
  • Hannah Witheridge and David Miller were brutally killed almost a week ago
  • Miss Witheridge's body has been flown back to the UK by her family
  • Parents 'relieved to have beautiful Hannah home' but feel 'broken'
  • CCTV shows British backpackers happy and relaxed on night before death
  • David Miller, 24, was seen shaking hands with an Asian man on CCTV
  • Two British girls 'mugged by motorbike gang' on same beach day earlier
  • Pair reportedly seen arguing with a Thai man in bar night before death
  • DNA samples taken from more than 30 people are being analysed

British backpackers Hannah Witheridge and David Miller may have been arguing with a local gangster when they were brutally murdered in Thailand last week, it has been suggested.

The pair, who met on the island of Koh Tao where they were both staying with friends, may have fallen victim to a criminal 'underbelly' which, locals say, no one is speaking out about for fear of their own lives.

Thai police have thus far failed to produce a credible suspect after changing their line of investigation several times since the youngsters' bodies were found mutilated on the beach on September 15.

It comes as Miss Witheridge's body was flown back to the UK today by her 'broken' family.

Another traveller, James Isaacs, told the Telegraph two British girls had been mugged by a gang of motorbike thugs the previous day on the same beach.

'It's literally the same spot,' he said of the stretch of sand where Mr Miller and Miss Witheridge's lifeless bodies were found on September 15.

This afternoon the latest detectives report sought to link two prime suspects - a Thai man and Myanmar worker, the Bangkok Post reports.

Officers have taken the details of the fishing boats moored off the island’s Sairee Beach on the island of Koh Tao. At the time of the murders last Monday morning, ten boats were lying offshore.

Six of those have since left and police colonel Kitthanes Thananunthawisin, of the Marine Police Division’s sub-division 6, said he had the names of all the boats and they were being recalled.

It was earlier claimed the murders may have been a copy cat attack of the killing of Katherine Horton in 2006.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2764038/Did-Thai-murder-victims-argue-island-gangster-hour-brutally-killed-Locals-claim-no-one-speak-scared.html#ixzz3E2vsZ3hG

Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2764038/Did-Thai-murder-victims-argue-island-gangster-hour-brutally-killed-Locals-claim-no-one-speak-scared.html#ixzz3E2vbPKyQ

Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

oh it's back up

He said:

"They just said to me: 'It was you who killed them. You've got two people's deaths on your hands. We know it was you. You're going to hang yourself tonight and we are going to watch you hang. You will die tonight.'"

"You've got two people's deaths on your hands" seems like quite idiomatic English for a Thai.

Probably paraphrased.

• Like 1

Easily stitched up once there was a guilty guitar playing western 'suicide'. The speedboat boys take the wrap for rape fitting in nicely with unavoidable DNA evidence and do jail time for that but not the murder conviction. especially if they swear they then left her with him and know nothing about the male victim.

• Like 1

This case is just like the Red Bull case. You really hope that justice will be served, but deep down you know it will not. Its actually pretty sad.

Keep the pressure on.

Yes, we must all keep the pressure up. All you people telling the armchair CSIs to "shut up" should shut up. Maybe, just maybe, TV members can help solve this.

• Like 2

Here is a picture in a different angle of the guy with police near the bodies of Hannah and David. I really cannot match it with the picture of AC Bar's owner like so many here apparently can. Which is why eye-witness testimony is deemed notoriously weak. In my opinion he is just police or an affiliated expert...

post-221482-0-80478700-1411389223_thumb.

• Like 1

Here is a picture in a different angle of the guy with police near the bodies of Hannah and David. I really cannot match it with the picture of AC Bar's owner like so many here apparently can. Which is why eye-witness testimony is deemed notoriously weak. In my opinion he is just police or an affiliated expert...

I agree, many Thais looks the same for westerners, i dont think they match 100% , so maybe not the same guy. Edited by balo

I just read this passage in the daily Telegraph article

when police were called and arrived on the scene at around 5am. They questioned the two Thai men but no arrests were made.. With those two men still at large, Mr McAnna spent the day in hiding before fleeing Koh Tao fearing he could be killed if he stayed.

Now what normal police force would simply question 2 people who have allegedly threatened a possible key witness to the crime without, at the very least, keeping them under close supervision until this matter has been cleared up?blink.png

Who are we supposed to compare this guy on the picture with???

he doesn't have the body language of police or an affiliated expert. He is standing as someone does when they are an interested onlooker

• Like 1

For those that thought this was a hoax of some sort - here's the story:

British backpacker describes terror after 'Thai mafia' death threat

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/asia/thailand/11113386/British-backpacker-describes-terror-after-Thai-mafia-death-threat.html

Sean McAnna, 25, who is from Shotts near Glasgow, says he was approached by a group of Thai men in a bar on Sairee beach in the early hours of Monday morning.

"Three of them sat me down and started asking me questions, and I was a bit drunk so I was answering them," he told the Telegraph.

According to Mr McAnna, the conversation then took a sinister turn, as the men accused him of murdering fellow British tourists David Miller and Hannah Witheridge, telling him, "you're going to hang yourself tonight - we're going to watch you hang".

He said that he believed the men wanted to use him as a "scapegoat" for the murders.

Mr McAnna ran away and took refuge in a nearby supermarket, which he was only able to leave once police arrived.

Two Thai men were questioned about the incident but they were not arrested. The police chief said he would guarantee the Briton's security while he remained on Koh Tao.

"I need to get off this island," he said in an emotional interview before boarding a ferry to leave Koh Tao.

"I genuinely thought that was the day I was going to die. I genuinely thought that this was me dead. That I was gone."

"I phoned my mum, I phoned my sister. I told her I loved her and that I would try and make it home. I said that if this was going to be the last conversation that we had then it was a really sad one to have but she's been great and I love her."

Edited by jabis

Wow, this is getting serious.

I've just been contacted, someone who lived on the Island, he knows who these two guys are (in seans picture) and he confirmed it's the same guy in the crime scene pictures.

Usual scenario, police and mafia in cahoots.

Not sure if I should be posting this.

Even down to the guitar playing westerner, scapegoat. Is this scripted ?

This plays out as predicted largely each step of the way. That being the case how can these cases still go unsolved. It's perplexing that deliberate bungling and appearing to simply be stupid is enough for the army.

The police know exactly what's going on. It's why they are blocking the lawful case study that the Bangkok police are attempting to carry out on the island. I am told the Bangkok police are suffering tremendously under the immovable k.t samui and k.p.n police forces. It is not enough for the army to sit back and give media it's many assurances and apologies. Those days are over now. Am I right ?

he doesn't have the body language of police or an affiliated expert. He is standing as someone does when they are an interested onlooker

Well... you don't know which type of expert he could be. Maybe he is just an expert on footprints, but shown the scene for possible insights. I do agree that his stance is more of somebody having an interested look into some shop window, and is the most casually dressed of them all (and the only one wearing flip-flops). But then again that is just interpretation on a still shot. All shots are also rather small and offer few detail so you can not really discern whether he has a mustache like the people who threatened Sean.