Job opportunities for someone with a masters degree in applied behavior analysis?

Matt D

Hello I am new to this forum and am unsure if this post is in the correct location. Regardless I was wondering if anyone knows if there are work opportunities in thailand for someone with a masters degree in applied behavior analysis? Possibly teaching at a university or working with people with developmental disabilities? I am 35 year old male from the U.S. and cannot speak or read thai. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Regarding lecturing, what faculty / courses do you have in mind?

Please note there are many faculties / all universities which have no programs at all conducted in English language.

Perhaps you might google for counseling services, conducted in English, if that interests you. You would need a work permit.

Edited by scorecard

Possibly teaching at a university or working with people with developmental disabilities? I am 35 year old male from the U.S. and cannot speak or read thai.

There would be very few people with developmental disabilities up for some form of therapy and your inability to speak idiomatic Thai would make that impractical.

I'm guessing Applied Behavior Analysis involves or leads to behavior modification applications. I'm also guessing that is largely cultural-specific and not going to be a wildly popular area of study here in Thailand.

CMU sociology faculty has courses taught in English so I bet some other big schools will have something. I am not sure that having a masters will qualify him though. The best programs prefer PhD or something that sets you apart.

There are definitely a lot of NGO's that offer services so perhaps you could look into coordinating with them.

But to be honest those schools that have programs to meet the needs of students with disabilities would hire Thai speakers.

As people above mentioned, unlikely at universities in Thailand.

Would you consider teaching other topics in high school?

At my high school we have a teacher with a PH.D in physics teaching high school physics.

The job does not need that degree nor pay salary for that level of education but if you wanted to teach and live in Thailand you could considered teaching other topics.

You would need to adjust your expectations for teaching high school.

But I know farang that went to see a counselor about depression but not sure if that is related to your training.