Neighbour going for 5.30am walk everyday wakes everyone up

ghworker2010

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pretty simple what she's doing wrong: she's not showing consideration for her neighbors.

Wait, I thought it was the neighborhood dogs that were barking.

Are you saying its the woman that is barking?

No, I'm saying exactly what I'm saying. She's not showing consideration for her neighbours. Not that hard a concept to understand but I guess I'll need to explain it then.

My neighbour has an excitable two dogs. If you go right by the gate, they go on a howling spree. So I make sure when I walk past their gates I give it a wide berth, so I don't set the dogs off. Neighbour thanks me for that and apologised for her dogs behaviour- it's cool, dogs and dogs are often can't help their reactions- humans can and can also limit their ability to set animals off.

I mail-ordered a woofer-stopper electronics kit, strategically placed around appropriate fences that have a noisy dog behind it.

The thing goes off as soon as the first dog bark is detected, and the kits were cheap enough to buy several

Pretty simple what she's doing wrong: she's not showing consideration for her neighbors.

Wait, I thought it was the neighborhood dogs that were barking.

Are you saying its the woman that is barking?

No, I'm saying exactly what I'm saying. She's not showing consideration for her neighbours. Not that hard a concept to understand but I guess I'll need to explain it then.

My neighbour has an excitable two dogs. If you go right by the gate, they go on a howling spree. So I make sure when I walk past their gates I give it a wide berth, so I don't set the dogs off. Neighbour thanks me for that and apologised for her dogs behaviour- it's cool, dogs and dogs are often can't help their reactions- humans can and can also limit their ability to set animals off.

As you said above, "Your neighbor apologized".

Ergo, you and the neighbor both agree that the barking dogs are the responsibility of the dog owner.

If the facts were a pitbull, they would have bit you in the arse.

Edited by ClutchClark
  • Like 1

Buy a device designed to send out a high pitch sound only dogs can hear. It is activated when dogs start to bark and can be hung anywhere. They experience discomfort and learn to stop barking when their barking activates it.

Problem solved.

Thats just the way it is. 5.30am! That's day break anyway. . If you let it annoy you then it will get you down. Move to a secluded spot if you want peace or just get used to it. What about ear plugs? Most of the people I hear complaining about dogs or chickens are the ones that suffer from hangovers. Not saying you do but its often the case..

Edited by Chicken George

It's not up to people to impose noise on others. If your actions are disturbing other people then perhaps it's time to reconsider your actions.

Neither she nor her dog are making any noise!

Uh-huh. Which is why I said specifically "...if your actions...".

Honestly cause and effect isn't a hard thing to grasp. Like I know if walk directly past my neighbour's gate I'll set their dogs off. So I make sure I don't.

It's not up to people to impose noise on others. If your actions are disturbing other people then perhaps it's time to reconsider your actions.

Neither she nor her dog are making any noise!

Uh-huh. Which is why I said specifically "...if your actions...".

Honestly cause and effect isn't a hard thing to grasp. Like I know if walk directly past my neighbour's gate I'll set their dogs off. So I make sure I don't.

You need to understand and accept that Thai do not think the same way as you. The courtesies you have from home are not universal. If you don't begin to accept that then your time here is going to become a living nightmare.

• Like 1

What i do hate however, and it really does come into the category of inconsiderate Thai wan**r... is the tosser who turns up in my street in a pickup at 05.15 Mon to Sat blasting his music at max volume and parks up to pick his workmate up from one of the other houses.... Who i their right mind can enjoy ear splitting Boom Boom Boom at that un-godly hour??? To think that is acceptable to even Thais must be two sandwiches short of a picnic.

I had one of those last week, it lasted for about four days, I think someone "had a word" with him and it stopped.

My neighbours just put up with the dogs and chickens, as they are seen as natural, but they won't put up with a pick-up full of speakers, unless there is a party going on and they are invited.

What you need to know to understand a lot of what goes on in Thailand is:-

Thais are the most tolerant people in the world......they are also one of the most inconsiderate, too.

Thai are tolerant because the reaction to a legitimate complaint can be off the charts. Double that if a farang dare to voice opinion.

Asking the neighbor to keep quiet can ruin your life.

I asked my landlord to speak with a noisy neighbor and he said, "I have a wife and kids to worry about"

"Asking the neighbor to keep quiet can ruin your life. "

You do realize that it isn't the lady who is barking?

Hard to imagine many places in Thailand where there won't be some dogs barking or traffic noise or idiots of motorbikes roaring about.

When I was young I lived near O'Hare Airport when most planes were still using propellers. Depending on wind direction the preferred landing path sometimes came over our house (and we had lived there long before that phenomenon developed). We adjusted to it after awhile and when jets became more common it wasn't a problem anymore. People complained, but planes have to land and dogs have to bark, cats have to mate as loudly as possible, tour buses have to transport, morons on motorbikes have to ... well maybe not morons on motorbikes.

Learn to cope or be more careful in selecting your rental location. Some people live alongside train tracks and learn to tune out the noise.

Edited by Suradit69
  • Like 2

OP .. I understand your problem... and unless it is not feasible - if it were me - I would move... Just take a while and scour every nook and cranny in acceptable locations Check out the dog situation - find something that looks like it will work and move,,,

Or search the pharmacies - buy a big bag full of Benadryl ... a meat grinder ... a big bag of cheap pork or chicken - grind it up - put a Benadryl capsule in each ... After dark - stroll around and feed all the neighbor doggies through the fences... They will sleep like a baby ... And you can take some too - or try Atarax -- works as good or better for you and calms you down...

Think yourselves lucky, my neighbour has fighting cocks, yeah, the two legged kind, contrary to popular belief, they don't start crowing at sunrise, these bastards start around 1:30am.

Yes,thats what i had for a year when i moved in,then he divorced his wife and left,took the stable with him,happy days.

I live near a Muslim neighbourhood of Bangkok. At 04.30hrs or so we have "Allah Wa Akbar" (God is Great), chanted from the Mosque. At 05.30hrs the dogs start barking at the Muslims walking past (I do not know why they only bark at Muslims but they do. Also at 05.30hrs the guy at the back of my house starts his noisy pick up truck and leaves it running for 10 minutes. At 06.00 some <deleted> gets on the tannoy system in our Moo Bahn and talks a load of crap that we don't need to hear, but can't understand because the tannoy is too loud and distorted. This always starts the dogs howling(probably due to pain of the ear drums). At day break the Chickens start their cock~a~doodle~doos. After that we can go back to sleep.

Welcome to Thailand.

• Like 1

get a bigger dog that will make her dog sh*t itself or make a snack for it and leave it outside your gate until you get up and call it in. I am sure she will start walking her dog after it is no longer out there to upset her precious.

What you need to know to understand a lot of what goes on in Thailand is:-

Thais are the most tolerant people in the world......they are also one of the most inconsiderate, too.

Thai are tolerant because the reaction to a legitimate complaint can be off the charts. Double that if a farang dare to voice opinion.

Asking the neighbor to keep quiet can ruin your life.

I asked my landlord to speak with a noisy neighbor and he said, "I have a wife and kids to worry about"

It is not a bad idea to complain. In my case at midnight I screamed for the neighbor to shut his dogs up (bark all night). I have slept peacefully for the last 3 weeks. Just hope it continues.