Photos of beach walkway about one month ago.

thaibeachlovers

Thanks for the reality check. Fortunately, in a few places they did not cut down all of the old-growth umbrella trees (left a few small ones on the beach). Those trees are trying to spread out and provide some shade. I expect the City to eventually cut them down given that they seem to always do the wrong thing.

• Like 1

When you build on sand then it will eventually be washed away.

As for the end by walking street, I used to enjoy having a seat there, what on earth have they done ?

Edited by petercool
font size adjusted
  • Like 1

Honestly, is anyone surprised?

Low skilled labor ALWAYS give low skilled results. It doesn't matter where in the world you are, the end result is the same when you use unskilled labor.

I think skilled and dedicated foremen and planners are enough to make good use of unskilled labor.

Many great things were built by unskilled labor.

Thanks for the reality check. Fortunately, in a few places they did not cut down all of the old-growth umbrella trees (left a few small ones on the beach). Those trees are trying to spread out and provide some shade. I expect the City to eventually cut them down given that they seem to always do the wrong thing.

They really did not want to remove some umbrella trees, but they completely blocked the overhead lights from shining along the path. They felt that safety of the pedestrians should come first. There was a solid reason for removing them.

They really did not want to remove some umbrella trees, but they completely blocked the overhead lights from shining along the path. They felt that safety of the pedestrians should come first. There was a solid reason for removing them.

The trees were designed wrong or the lighting system was designed my nitwits with no concern for the environment.

Those stadium lights are stupid. They lit up my bedroom when i lived on beach road.

And besides, lights like that throw deep shadows where the troublemakers lurk.

Each light probably costs about 20,000Bt per month in electric and they are throwing half of it into the sky.

There are thousands of tasteful options available in the commercial lighting field. No need to chop down your old growth hardwood trees.

Edited by khunjamesjohnson

And the umbrellas on the beach block the security cameras from seeing/recording what goes on underneath them. Surely they must now remove the beach umbrellas for "security reasons." There must be a lot of "bad guys" lurking underneath those umbrellas. Security solution 101: 24/7 beach patrols! There was no need to remove the trees. It was a FUBAR move for many reasons that have already been discussed.

• Like 1

No they could have installed lower lamps to light the area. The stadium lights are ridiculous. And removing the trees ? Just plain incompetence - what else could do you expect ?

Edited by morrobay
  • Like 1

When you build on sand then it will eventually be washed away.

As for the end by walking street, I used to enjoy having a seat there, what on earth have they done ?

That end of of Beach walk by Walking st is a disaster zone. The pump/parking lot and the shabby overall look with moto taxis that block the footpath.

I wait 20 minutes to cross Beach rd so I dont have to put up with walking by there.

First time visitors are oblivious to all this mess so as long as there is a constant supply, the city/city hall does not care what a mess they made.

That is until this walk of sand really starts collapsing in near future

Edited by morrobay
  • Like 1

The trees were designed wrong or the lighting system was designed my nitwits with no concern for the environment.

Those stadium lights are stupid. They lit up my bedroom when i lived on beach road.

Each light probably costs about 20,000Bt per month in electric and they are throwing half of it into the sky.

There are thousands of tasteful options available in the commercial lighting field. No need to chop down your old growth hardwood trees.

Its posts like this that show how out of touch with reality some people on this forum are. You can hate the walkway and the lighting all you want, but your arguments are completely ridiculous.

The lights that you are referring to are the exact same ones that are on Sukhumvit road. They are designed for road safety and to spread light over a large area. On beach road this area is the walkway and the beach area. They are mounted up very high and point down, not at the sky like you suggest. They are not stadium lights. Have you ever been to a stadium that has a light pole in the center of the field that covers 360 degrees?

Way to throw out a completely random electricity cost of the lights too, like you have a clue what wattage they are. If you are such an expert on commercial lighting, why don't you suggest a better alternative? Or would you just rather type away complaining about things everyday?

If you went to the top of the Hilton and had a look at the city at night you would see that the beach road walkway actually looks pretty good at night.

Its posts like this that show how out of touch with reality some people on this forum are. You can hate the walkway and the lighting all you want, but your arguments are completely ridiculous.

The lights that you are referring to are the exact same ones that are on Sukhumvit road. They are designed for road safety and to spread light over a large area. On beach road this area is the walkway and the beach area. They are mounted up very high and point down, not at the sky like you suggest. They are not stadium lights. Have you ever been to a stadium that has a light pole in the center of the field that covers 360 degrees?

Way to throw out a completely random electricity cost of the lights too, like you have a clue what wattage they are. If you are such an expert on commercial lighting, why don't you suggest a better alternative? Or would you just rather type away complaining about things everyday?

If you went to the top of the Hilton and had a look at the city at night you would see that the beach road walkway actually looks pretty good at night.

They are highway lites. You got that one right. The rest of your response was nonsense.

I could fill your hard drive with catalogs of better alternatives.

I do know something about commercial lighting. I actually designed and sold my own outdoor lighting products.

O yea. 9,000 Watts. Not a guess.

Typical response of "I know more than anyone" but what did you actually show for a solution? NOTHING. Why don't you show some of your great outdoor lighting products that you have designed that would be such a better alternative. Is it still your expert opinion that those lights are used in stadiums as well?

They are metal halide lites, designed for highways. You got that one right. Only a numbskull would install them over large shade trees...but I can see why you like them.

The rest of your response was nonsense.

In fact I do know something about commercial lighting. I actually designed and sold my own outdoor lighting products.

O yea. 9,000 Watts.

They are metal halide lites, designed for highways. You got that one right. Only a numbskull would install them over large shade trees...but I can see why you like them.

The rest of your response was nonsense.

In fact I do know something about commercial lighting. I actually designed and sold my own outdoor lighting products.

O yea. 9,000 Watts.

I read your last response which was almost the same, but it was at least a little more mature. Care to respond to my reply above instead?

well as long as it looks good from the top of the hilton all is well

• Like 2

1BADDAT said:

"They are mounted up very high and point down, not at the sky like you suggest. They are not stadium lights."

U huh. Is that right?

Man. I think I'll stop arguing with you. You don't know up from down!

Well I know something about photography too.

That's called lens flare. It happens when lights are pointed directly at the lens.

Like I said, those obnoxious lights lite up my bedroom on the 20th floor.

post-218917-0-64277800-1412122586_thumb.

• Like 2

well as long as it looks good from the top of the hilton all is well

Just pointing out another viewpoint. It looks nice from down below as well and makes the area feel much more safe than before because there is now adequate lighting.

1BADDAT said:

"They are mounted up very high and point down, not at the sky like you suggest. They are not stadium lights."

U huh. Is that right?

That's called lens flare. It happens when lights are pointed directly at the lens.

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Very cowardly of you to pull out my quote and not respond to my request for you to provide information on what you claim to be an expert on.

And now you are an expert on photography. Its funny that in your picture there are weird red lights on the street that look light brake lights but there are no cars....hmmm

1BADDAT said:

U huh. Is that right?

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Very cowardly of you to pull out my quote and not respond to my request for you to provide information on what you claim to be an expert on.

And now you are an expert on photography. Its funny that in your picture there are weird red lights on the street that look light brake lights but there are no cars....hmmm

Can someone get this guy a tissue?