Bangkok Immigration - Visa Extension with Non-B

Hello I wonder if anyone can help? My current Non-B Immigration visa expires this Friday October the 3rd. I understand an extension is available for 1900 at immigration Bangkok. My question is, what is the most I can extend for, is it 1 month?

I really need to go to Hong Kong for work but with the current political protests I don't think I'll get much done. Ideally I'd like to wait for things to blow over and don't fancy a pointless flight to Singapore or somewhere, just for a visa stamp.

Last year I did the Kanchanaburi visa run which was great from Bangkok but now thats closed.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/740973-no-more-kanchanaburi-border-runs/

Any info on extensions suggestions for visa runs from Bangkok?

The visa I have is indeed a "one year Non-B multiple entry". The expiry date is for the visa is June 2015. However I'm stamped-in to Thailand until this Friday Oct 3rd 2014. My question is, if I go along to immigration in Babgkok what is the maximum extension period, I belive its just one mone and costs 1900baht.

The extensions is for one year.

If you don;t qualify for the extensions you can go to Laos for single entry, or Penang for multiple.

Sorry I must have phrased that wrong becuase I'm sure I can't get a years extension. The visa I have is a "one year Non-B multiple entry". My stamp for Thailand expires this Friday Oct 3rd 2014. My question is, if I go along to immigration in Bangkok what is the maximum extension period, I believe its just one month and costs 1900baht. this can vary though and I don't want to get there and be told its just 7 days or something....

Any ideas anyone?

Edited by Pui

As answered above, extension for employment is one year, no more and no less, it requires a good deal of paperwork.

If you leave country ad return before June 2015 you will be allowed for 90 more days.

Paz I appreciate your assistance, the only thing I can suggest is that my explanation is wrong. Its 7 days to 1 month. Its not 1 year I have not mentioned employment.

As answered above, extension for employment is one year, no more and no less, it requires a good deal of paperwork.

If you leave country ad return before June 2015 you will be allowed for 90 more days.

Paz I appreciate your assistance, the only thing I can suggest is that my explanation is wrong. Its 7 days to 1 month. Its not 1 year I have not mentioned employment.

The thing is that you need have a reason to apply for an extension. Without a reason, you can only obtain 7 days, nothing more.

So people with multi-entry visa like you, typically do border hops every 90 days.

The visa I have is indeed a "one year Non-B multiple entry". The expiry date is for the visa is June 2015. However I'm stamped-in to Thailand until this Friday Oct 3rd 2014. My question is, if I go along to immigration in Babgkok what is the maximum extension period, I belive its just one mone and costs 1900baht.

Ok, so the easiest option is to leave Thailand and come straight back - with a valid multiple entry non immigrant visa you should get another 90 day stamp in your passport.

Only problem nowadays is that they may ask to see your work permit at the border - if you don't have one then you need a reasonable explanation as to how you plan to do business in Thailand

If you go to immigration and apply for an extension with no valid basis you will be rejected and given 7 days extension to leave Thailand.

There is no 30 day extension option in your case, only 7 days - exit and re-entry is a much better option for you as you still have a valid visa.