Tourists may be required to pay entrance fee for visiting Koh Tao

Lite Beer

Yes I have been there its a beautiful place to go.

Its cheap in relation to other western countries.

I have studied abroad and I pay more for everything in western countries in comparison to Thailand. So in paying more I also pay more for services. Including public safety. But even in a lot of your home countries very bad murders and rapes happen all the time.

I am Thai and to be honest I don't care for the type of tourist that comes to Thailand. Sorry but I am being blunt and rude also. The 10% you say in GDP we can do without more then the tourists can do without Thailand.

I don't think you are a real Thai, I think you are a Chinese immigrants offspring, a spoiled brat, a HiSo wannabee who got everything from his dad. A real Thai would not write shit like you do on a public forum. A real Thai would be ashamed of your comments today.

So I am not a real Thai I am a wanna be Thai?? why? because I have Chinese in my families history which I am very proud of.

What you are saying doesnt make sense. You are personally attacking me and complaining about Thailand. You are a very negative person.

In your thinking you are very un-Thai and I am not complaining about Thailand. How can you say that no Thai could have done this murder? Do you think all Thais are saints??

"The 10% you say in GDP we can do without more then the tourists can do without Thailand.

This must be one of the most stupid comments of the week on this forum.

• Replies 422
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Whoever makes this stuff up is as bright as a 40w bulb.

Lee, you know you can get lamps now with lower wattage?

Just sayin' like, it reads they are a bit clever @ 40w........................rolleyes.gif

Farang Based technology, that is funny. Where is it all made? In Asia, so I think we will survive.

but who designed it, and who owns those factories where it is produced and who is going to keep those factories running when the Thai economy collapses due to massive unemployment and there are no customers. Ford, BMW, Mercedes, Honda, etc. aren't Thai owned,Thailand has no technology of its own, it is all borrowed,at a cost, from America, Europe or Japan. I know Thai work ethic, i have trained many Thais in Germany,they are lazy and like to play a lot.10% reduction of GDP isn't just a contraction, it is a collapse.

Unfortunately, that little girl won't understand what you just said, she can't grasp that 10% off from Thai economy would even be a huge financial loss for all of the ASEAN countries unless the money shifts to one or more of the ASEAN countries.

Like someone said, it's like a brick of dominos.

In her small world, 10% is nothing, she can lose that without a blink and I think that's how she sees the economy in Thailand. She won't understand and unfortunately, the majority of Thais with her.

Someone before said she's probably a spoiled brat, living of her fathers money and it must be true, if she's got money, we'll never know and quite frankly, I don't give a rats a$$ if she has.

I have become so disillusioned about Thai ingenuity, I even believe that the EBOLA vaccine the scientists in Thailand claim they have invented is a stolen copy from some other countries pharmaceutical company or it could be just bogus to reassure it's people they are safe.

So this mean this island will make money because there has been a murder there....How long will it take for the surrounding islands to understand what they have to do so that they can also ask a fee to the visitors? And I feel sooooo bad for the family and friends of the murdered young people there when they see this.

• Like 1

I think this is a good idea.

Not every country can afford the security and luxury of other places.

Tourist come to Koh Tao becuase its cheap.

If foreigners want more security they should pay for something rather then complain something is not good all the time.

Obviously you do not think that the host country, in this case Thailand has a resposibility to take care of the people that visit the country? Do thais pay for security when they travel to another country?

Maybe the good people of Koh Tao should not be so kei neow if they want tourists to visit their Island. After all there are other Islands and indeed other countries that would be more welcoming to tourists.

But I get you're piont, which is why should Thais care what happens to tourists in Thailand?

Yes exactly.

If I was in your country and I would the host country care about what happened to me?

No they just want me to spend my money.

So why should my thai people pay money for stupid tourists.

Dont worry, many "stupid" tourists allready changed for cambodia, vietnam, malaysia,...and i (working for a touroperator here) encourage them not to go to thailand anymore. Not because i think it is unsafe, simply because they are not welcome. And that began long ago.

Many people have enough to be treated like a walking atm and the neighbouring countries are much more welcoming.

• Like 1

I have to say that this murder has shown how the Government look at tourists and foreigners - I don't want to say Thai people in general

A large amount of Thailands revenue/commerce is linked to the Hotel sector. They must be really feeling the pinch recently, and if Thailand keeps treated tourists badly, then they will start looking elsewhere

Its neighbours are emerging as viable alternatives, Cambodia achieved over 7% growth in just one yr alone

Hopefully the majority of tourists, who planned to spend their next vacation on KT, will cancel their trip to Thailand.

These ignorants must feel the consequences of their unbelievable behaviour in their bank accounts and pockets and finally learn how to treat customers like patrons. Their attitude is like: Hey, you should be grateful we allow you to visit the greatest and most beautiful country of the world.

....with the dirtiest beaches and where you get sand kicked on you & shoved around because you aren't renting a "sun bed" under an umbrella in the shade.

• Like 1