Food court tables

SoiBiker

It's the way I've noticed the people in the food court do things. That doesn't mean I think it's some grand Thai tradition or something. But when in Rome...

the guy above seems to differ! lol. youre gonna get dizzy with all this bobbing and weaving!

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

the guy above seems to differ! lol. youre gonna get dizzy with all this bobbing and weaving!

Not really. You're not quite the mighty keyboard warrior you apparently believe yourself to be.

well I realize the challenge is not too stiff, but so far I'm battin a thousand!

I read the OP a week ago.

I can't believe this got to 12 pages ... facepalm.gif

Can't be stuffed to read the other 11 1/2 pages ... anyone care to summarize the 'He Said' 'She Said' bit for me?

Thanks

you can't be bothered to read the thread but you ask someone else to take their time to summarize it for you? lol

Yeah ... I was sort of hoping for a highlight's package.

Ay ... Yes ... there are some good people with good hearts ... JayDee, I believe is the expression ... Ay ... yes, that's it ... biggrin.png

I read the OP a week ago.

I can't believe this got to 12 pages ... facepalm.gif

Can't be stuffed to read the other 11 1/2 pages ... anyone care to summarize the 'He Said' 'She Said' bit for me?

Thanks

you can't be bothered to read the thread but you ask someone else to take their time to summarize it for you? lol

Yeah ... I was sort of hoping for a highlight's package.

Ay ... Yes ... there are some good people with good hearts ... JayDee, I believe is the expression ... Ay ... yes, that's it ... biggrin.png

I'd call em suckers or enablers

As a rule, Thais don't eat alone. One person minds the table while the others order food; one of the others may order something for the person waiting at the table. When one is out alone with one's umbrella, one can ask the umbrella to get the food, or to mind the table. Personally, I would not trust my umbrella to do either, and get my food, then sit at an empty seat, and strike up a conversation with the umbrella next to me. It's better if they've left their newspaper, though SC

please dont discourage this practice. My wife runs a very profitable second hand umbrella store.

• Like 1

As a rule, Thais don't eat alone. One person minds the table while the others order food; one of the others may order something for the person waiting at the table. When one is out alone with one's umbrella, one can ask the umbrella to get the food, or to mind the table. Personally, I would not trust my umbrella to do either, and get my food, then sit at an empty seat, and strike up a conversation with the umbrella next to me. It's better if they've left their newspaper, though SC

please dont discourage this practice. My wife runs a very profitable second hand umbrella store.

If she needs more stock, there are usually several left unattended on tables in the food court at lunchtime.

• Like 1

If she needs more stock, there are usually several left unattended on tables in the food court at lunchtime.

you reserve more than one table? greedy boy!

food court down the Western end at Suvarnambhumi.

Don't even think about it. This is one place I guess the Thais can't be solely blamed for table Holding/Stealing.

I had just sat down, with wifey heading back to use a few more tokens. Plated food was on the table in front of my tummy, much more than what my tummy was destined for...

Chinese-looking old bat swoops past the chair and without any glancing/looking/speaking, off flies wifey's chair to some far-flung table.

Not finding a table in the first instance is not as hard to explain away, than having to reason with a plate-weilding thai wifey who now has no chair to sit on

Edited by tifino

If I go to any bangkok foodcourt at 12 midday I will expect to see 30-50% of the tables occupied by items such as:

umbrellas

iphones

tablets

bags

ID necklace badges

Pads of paper

etc

One of them will also have my umbrella. If someone took my table I would tell them to please move and if they did not I would accidentally spill my soup on them. I actually live in hope of being able to do this. 45 baht very well spent in a lesson in manners.

People leaving their 20,000 Baht iPhone unattended to 'reserve' a table while they go browse food stalls and then stand in line for a 40 baht plate of noodles? Yeah ok dude

Agreed. Most leave Gold Bullion, 500kg blocks. They are difficult to carry away and the more you possess the bigger your face gets.

Yes, iPhones. See them every day, dude.

If I go to any bangkok foodcourt at 12 midday I will expect to see 30-50% of the tables occupied by items such as:

umbrellas

iphones

tablets

bags

ID necklace badges

Pads of paper

etc

One of them will also have my umbrella. If someone took my table I would tell them to please move and if they did not I would accidentally spill my soup on them. I actually live in hope of being able to do this. 45 baht very well spent in a lesson in manners.

you do that you won't just take on the little old thai fella you do it to, you will take on the whole food hall, best of luck to ya..

You wouldn't get an old Thai fella doing it, it would be some whitey. But I'd have no problem admonishing a local either. Have done it many times in many situations (7/11 queues, anyone?), and been told off a few times myself too. "We're not animals, we live in a society." - Jim Jeffries.

As a rule, Thais don't eat alone. One person minds the table while the others order food; one of the others may order something for the person waiting at the table.

When one is out alone with one's umbrella, one can ask the umbrella to get the food, or to mind the table.

Personally, I would not trust my umbrella to do either, and get my food, then sit at an empty seat, and strike up a conversation with the umbrella next to me. It's better if they've left their newspaper, though

SC

SC

I did suggest a blow up doll to be his pretend GF earlier on in the thread, would you believe this would be an acceptable alternative ?

post-31474-0-85297700-1413275808_thumb.j

As a rule, Thais don't eat alone. One person minds the table while the others order food; one of the others may order something for the person waiting at the table.

When one is out alone with one's umbrella, one can ask the umbrella to get the food, or to mind the table.

Personally, I would not trust my umbrella to do either, and get my food, then sit at an empty seat, and strike up a conversation with the umbrella next to me. It's better if they've left their newspaper, though

SC

SC

I did suggest a blow up doll to be his pretend GF earlier on in the thread, would you believe this would be an acceptable alternative ?

Maybe a blow up Badger would be more acceptable?

post-31474-0-85297700-1413275808_thumb.j

Entry to Berlins most exclusive nightclub, Berghain, has just become a little bit harder after it was revealed that German clubbers are now leaving towels outside the clubs doors as early as Thursday morning.

The latest development will come as bad news to British and Irish clubbing tourists who already have a number of obstacles, including a language barrier and a secret handshake, to navigate when trying to gain entry to the club. Up to three hundred towels are reported to have been left outside the club this morning, ensuring extra long queuing time and minimal chance of entry for anyone choosing to visit the club later this weekend.

The towel maneuver has been a popular German tactic for staking a claim on something ever since thousands of German soldiers left their towels on Poland in 1939. However, in recent years the towel tactic has mostly been used by German holiday makers, in particular men dressed in Speedos, to reserve sun loungers in an attempt to tan their shriveled bodies an unnatural shade of leather brown and make teenage girls giggle.

Patrick OHanlon, an Irish man traveling to Berlin this weekend, claims he probably wont even bother trying to get into Berghain after hearing about the towels.

The problem is worse than first thought, a pandemic is occuring before us............

• Like 2

SC

SC

don't start us on blow up dolls again, had to take the last one back because it had a runny nose, turned out it was full...

Well, I have to say I have never before run out of "LIKES" in one thread. Page two was classic.

Thanks, Soi Biker, for hanging around and not only taking the heat, but deflecting it right back.

However, I must say I was there that day, and saw you leave the umbrella, come back minutes later, give it a strange look, and start swearing.

Alzheimers is tough.