Damn gout, what a pain!

giddyup

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mentioned Gout with a few expats last night, out of the 6 ,3 suffer.One who suffered badly reckoned that his daily dose of collagen had lowered the attacks to almost zero. One said Bamboo, and Broccoli trigger bad attacks and takes Colchonine .The last one eats a leaf from the garden every morn his wife told him about and gets no attacks anymore.Each had a different tale to tell.coffee1.gif

Be interesting to know what the "leaf from the garden" was.

Indeed, ive seen it, its a little bush plant, chew 3 leaves in the morning.Ill try to find its name, but a Chinese Herbalist sell the same one. As for weight n Fitness, seems Gout aint bothered its more hereditary im told. Like Arthritis.Endless Story it seems.

multiplying the amount of water intake seems for me to be quicker for relief than the colchine.

another recommendation I follow is to take every opportunity to elevate the affected limb, to minimise the gravitational pooling of the uric

Gout is caused by uric acid.

Uric acid precursor is purine which is found in animal products,especially in animal muscles.

Only vegetables purines are safe to consume

https://www.drmcdougall.com/misc/2006nl/june/gout.htm

The inflammatory process in gout is caused by the accumulation of uric acid crystals in a joint. Excess uric acid in the body can be caused by an increase in production by the body and by under-elimination by the kidneys. However, the most important cause is an increase in the intake of rich foods, which are high in uric acid precursors, known as purines. These molecules are the building blocks of genetic materials—DNA and RNA. The muscles of animals—meat, poultry, fish and seafood—are the most important sources of purines. Vegetable sources of purines do not contribute to the risk of having an attack of gout.

There is no need to take any medication just change to an alkaline diet(google it)most of what we eat and drink is heavy with uric acid which when built up can cause gout.Add bicarbonate soda to water or squeeze lime juice into the water you drink(even the water we drink contains some uric acid)and continue to drink pleny of water to flush away the uric acid.

Drinking freshly made vegie juice is also a good way to go................carrots,beetroot and celery is a good start,all available in macro,tesco and big C,go buy a juicer for 1800 baht and start today!

an "alkaline diet" has no effect on the pH of anything but your GI tract.

And contrary to what the name might suggest to lay people, build-ups of uric acid are not the result of too much "acidity" in the body.

The pH of the body's cells and blood are always maintained within an extremely narrow, slightly alkaline, range and nothing in your diet will change that nor is there any reason to try to change it.

Build of uric acid does have dietary implications, but not in terms of trying to have an "alkaline" diet. The important thing is to avoid foods high in purines, as another poster said.

Acidic (6ph or under) diet means MS, Lupus, RA, Alzheimher, fibromyalgya symptoms.

It means that I am handicaped, neurologically and physically

Alkaline diet means health to me.

At 6.5 PH and above I am

-not in a wheelchair

- able to walk

- to talk

- able to go somewhere and remember where you are and not being suddenly lost.

- able to sleep

Gout is caused by uric acid.

Uric acid precursor is purine which is found in animal products,especially in animal muscles.

Only vegetables purines are safe to consume

https://www.drmcdougall.com/misc/2006nl/june/gout.htm

The inflammatory process in gout is caused by the accumulation of uric acid crystals in a joint. Excess uric acid in the body can be caused by an increase in production by the body and by under-elimination by the kidneys. However, the most important cause is an increase in the intake of rich foods, which are high in uric acid precursors, known as purines. These molecules are the building blocks of genetic materials—DNA and RNA. The muscles of animals—meat, poultry, fish and seafood—are the most important sources of purines. Vegetable sources of purines do not contribute to the risk of having an attack of gout.

you should add that some vegetables, dried type Beans, peas and lentils are a no no.... (listed in your link)

Mangoes and a few other fruits, are on other lists ... and many Thai's will say "mae gai" no chicken....

I found this forum quite useful .... when I had a major attack a few years ago...

http://www.gout-pal.com/gout-pal-forum/