Thailand beach murders: Police defend bizarre public 'reconstruction' of slayings by suspects

Lite Beer

I do ask myself what kind of sick maniac is able to bludgeon another human to death around the head, drag his 80kg body (I'm guessing because David was 190cm tall) down the beach and then feel sufficiently aroused to ejaculate inside an unconscious woman?

I'm sorry for being graphic but I don't know how this sicko did it. Surely drugs have to play a part.

• Replies 518
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where does the CSI LA gets their crime scene pictures from?

The one of David in the water etc

Can someone send me a link? I would like to see

Out of decency, if you must see these photos, it would be best if the link was not posted here.

• Like 2

I do ask myself what kind of sick maniac is able to bludgeon another human to death around the head, drag his 80kg body (I'm guessing because David was 190cm tall) down the beach and then feel sufficiently aroused to ejaculate inside an unconscious woman?

I'm sorry for being graphic but I don't know how this sicko did it. Surely drugs have to play a part.

I believe that Hannah was already killed and raped by then, and then David walked onto the scene. I think by the injuries inflicted onto the victim, she was the prime target.

They had to kill David too because he may have walked onto the scene before the killers (who I believe are the head mans son) got away.

Can someone send me a link? I would like to see

Out of decency, if you must see these photos, it would be best if the link was not posted here.

Ok, can someone PM me the link please?

This is interesting. The description of the crime sounds like it was not something the Myanmar guys would do; those guys do their job and have families; they are not in a position to argue with people, they don't speak English or Thai either. The person who did this was angry at this woman or just wanted to rape a "white woman". Sounds to me like someone with a big ego.

• Like 1

Can someone send me a link? I would like to see.

Ok, can someone PM me the link please?

Do you have a link?

post-155312-0-56390700-1412537348_thumb.

Reasons why I think the headman's son is involved.

1. Looks like he recently got a hair cut.

2. I believe it's him on the CCTV. He has a very similar walk and the way he extends his arms is very similar.

3. Confusion over his where abouts after the murders

4. Suspicious CCTV footage of him in Bangkok at school.

• Like 2

Ok, time for us to put out money where our mouths (fingers) are. Please join me in donating to Andy Hall to help ensure the accused get the defense to which they are entitled.

http://andyjhall.wordpress.com/

All who are interested in justice no matter what your views on the BIB should contribute to this. It's the least we can do.

Can someone send me a link? I would like to see.

Honestly, unless you know how to scrub your mind clean, don't look at the photos of the girl. I think it's the worst thing I've ever looked at. Truly, truly horrible.

Edited by JenniferSG
  • Like 1

Are you kidding Jennifer SG!

These guys thrive on all this.

They move to Thailand and have nothing better to do than sit in front of a computer look at grizzly murder scenes and come up with all sorts of conspiracy theories just to have arguments among each or band together and demonise anyone who has alternate views .

Sorry Jennifer but these guys are way beyond redemption and are the most negative people on planet earth and it doesn't matter if they live in paradise they still will find a fault.

The only good part about all this is that they hide behind a keyboard and it's the poor wife that has to live with them although occasionally you might bump into one down the pub who's only mates are like minded whinging negative narks who should be back in their home country because they hate Thailand and the sad part is they enjoy leading miserable lives and want everyone else to be miserable to.

Anyway the police methods might not have been up to scratch by they have the right guys no matter his innocent they look and not a bad effort after 18 days with thousands of suspects to process.

Case solved death sentence on the way.

• Like 1

My wife found a Thai website yesterday with closeup photos of David. He has about 8 laceration marks on his head and neck that were inflicted by a very short knife, like the ones you can hold in your fist while fighting (will post photos later) between middle and index finger. The blade went in for about an inch each time. David also has a green eye (right eye), what implicated he was beaten up before he was drowned (water in the lungs). Nothing of this was mentioned or reenacted during that travesty showcase on the beach. It is time that Human Rights Watch steps in AND the parents of Hannah and David to stop this coverup to find the real killer who (according to voices on Koh Tao) is the owner of AC bar who is also one of the men who chased another foreigner into a 7Eleven telling him they will kill and hang him to pin the murder on him. If any of the police officers on Koh Tao has some brain, honor and empathy for others left, it is time for him to speak up NOW!!!!!

Are you a qualified forensic scientist that can make judgments on the causes of wounds simply based on photos on a website? Including the depth of penetration of each wound?

I saw those photographs to and would find it impossible to give the detailed analysis you did.

Depth of wound, exact type of weapon, how it was even held. You must be a real expert, have you offered your services to the police?

Sean McAnna - now there's a credible witness. A convicted pedophile, with a reputation as a heavy drinker, revisiting a island where he previously worked illegally. A man so concerned that he made all these statements, and then did a runner and disappeared, offering no evidence but his mouth and a phone pic of 2 men peering over a shop counter at him. Maybe he was telling the truth - how can anyone know that?

Or have you simply made up your mind it's a cover up and have a vivid imagination?

I concur with catweazle as do many others, at the least this investigation and frame-up stink to high heaven. The wounds to David's consist of stab wounds, most of which to the neck (ever heard of the jugular vein?). Even the cops admit it wasn't a hoe, and claim to be still stumped as to what sort of weapon - even tho the reenactment was with a pseudo-hoe. There's a way of pouring low-melting-point molten metal in to a wound which would to gauge what sort of weapon was used. Either the cops don't know that, or didn't do it, or did it and aren't disclosing anything. Anyhow, the cops and the headman have the scapegoats, the guilty pleas, so they're just hoping the sentencing happens soon so they can savor their promotions/citations for excellence and go on with their duties. Incidentally, I think those sort of weapon is very hard to find for purchase (in many countries, it's illegal). But a cop or a hi-so relation to a headman could likely find one. They're also not difficult to make at home. A piece of metal and a grinder is basically all a person would need. Did cops search the nearby seabed for clues? Probably not, similar to them missing or hiding dozens of clues.

Note: even if lawyers offer their services to the scapegoats, doesn't necessarily mean the cover can get exposed. Here are some reasons why:

>>> Burmese can say emphatically: "we already pled guilty. We don't want to change our pleas." That would fit with whatever coercion was put on them by their Thai cop interrogators. Plus it would fit with the Thai-language form they already signed, very likely under duress.

>>> Thai officialdom can say, "we don't need lawyers from a do-good organization. We can appoint our own attorney." you'all can guess where that will lead. Yup, an insider who kow tows to the government frame up.

>>> Lawyers are appointed, but are stiffled and not allowed to do any real investigation.

>>> A judge who disregards the defense attorneys, and summarily announces "guilty!" That should surprise no one.

>>> Suicide by one or both of the Burmese, while in custody. That too should surprise no one.

They tested them but when you try and round up 9 guys playing football and 6 run away and 3 are not fast enough then one needs to do what one needs to do with those three you have. Am I right ? Three guitar players three footballers not three immigrants Puhlease!

The way I read it was: 6 were caught and 3 ran away. It is the 3 who ran away who were later caught, and two of them confessed. The 3rd is a question mark (has he already been deposed of secretly?).

It's possible that part of the coersion, besides (quite possibly) torture, for the 2 who supposedly admitted guilt (even though they shared no language with the interrogators), .....was because the 3 who successfully ran away were facing dire recriminations for doing so. Whether or not that's the case, the facts remain: the Burmese signed forms they couldn't read (they barely know how to speak Thai), they had no legal counsel, they have no voice, they have no connections, they have no money, they're illegals.....

Many Thais have a deep disdain for Burmese. Thailand had two wars with Burma and lost both. In the latter war, their holy city of Sukothai was sacked and burned, and sacred white elephants were taken back to Burma. This might sound silly to drag this up, but people have long memories. Look at the problems in the Middle East. I was once surrounded by 7 big Thai undercover cops who were trying to frame me for something (not having a passport on me while out riding my bicycle). I felt snotty so I pointed at the smallest and oldest guy in the group and said, "How do I know you're not Burmese?" In a micro second, the veins popped out of his neck and he wanted to tear me to shreds. The others restrained him. I laughed. He lost face.

They tested them but when you try and round up 9 guys playing football and 6 run away and 3 are not fast enough then one needs to do what one needs to do with those three you have. Am I right ? Three guitar players three footballers not three immigrants Puhlease!

The way I read it was: 6 were caught and 3 ran away. It is the 3 who ran away who were later caught, and two of them confessed. The 3rd is a question mark (has he already been deposed of secretly?).

It's possible that part of the coersion, besides (quite possibly) torture, for the 2 who supposedly admitted guilt (even though they shared no language with the interrogators), .....was because the 3 who successfully ran away were facing dire recriminations for doing so. Whether or not that's the case, the facts remain: the Burmese signed forms they couldn't read (they barely know how to speak Thai), they had no legal counsel, they have no voice, they have no connections, they have no money, they're illegals.....

Many Thais have a deep disdain for Burmese. Thailand had two wars with Burma and lost both. In the latter war, their holy city of Sukothai was sacked and burned, and sacred white elephants were taken back to Burma. This might sound silly to drag this up, but people have long memories. Look at the problems in the Middle East. I was once surrounded by 7 big Thai undercover cops who were trying to frame me for something (not having a passport on me while out riding my bicycle). I felt snotty so I pointed at the smallest and oldest guy in the group and said, "How do I know you're not Burmese?" In a micro second, the veins popped out of his neck and he wanted to tear me to shreds. The others restrained him. I laughed. He lost face.

And obviously you're still alive to tell the tale - fairytale? cheesy.gif

These attached pictures (posted on CSI LA Facebook page) are of Warot Tuwichian and show an eery likeness to the person of interest on the CCTV cameras. If someone could get some DNA of the son (hair, cigarette etc.) we could get it tested in the UK and find out once and for all if there is a match (assuming the families of the deceased would allow for further testing).

post-219070-0-97045700-1412578752_thumb.

post-219070-0-25774900-1412578758_thumb.

post-219070-0-11483600-1412578763_thumb.

This is interesting. The description of the crime sounds like it was not something the Myanmar guys would do; those guys do their job and have families; they are not in a position to argue with people, they don't speak English or Thai either. The person who did this was angry at this woman or just wanted to rape a "white woman". Sounds to me like someone with a big ego.

When you're drunk or high on drugs you dont think too much about that, do you? Those Burmese guys had a tough life already, mix that with drugs and alcohol and yes ,,its possible they could end up as brutal killers. Dont think they are innocent because they look like sweet angels.

Reasons why I think the headman's son is involved.

1. Looks like he recently got a hair cut.

2. I believe it's him on the CCTV. He has a very similar walk and the way he extends his arms is very similar.

3. Confusion over his where abouts after the murders

4. Suspicious CCTV footage of him in Bangkok at school.

5. he refuses to give a DNA sample

• Like 2

These attached pictures (posted on CSI LA Facebook page) are of Warot Tuwichian and show an eery likeness to the person of interest on the CCTV cameras. If someone could get some DNA of the son (hair, cigarette etc.) we could get it tested in the UK and find out once and for all if there is a match (assuming the families of the deceased would allow for further testing).

Those pictures posted are just ridicolous and pure speculations coming from CSI LA.

Any Thai boy or other Asian in his 20's with similar haircut could match the cctv footage.

I have not closely followed the details of this case. It does make reasonable sense to me that a couple of poorly paid immigrant workers -- who maybe have gone without sex for weeks or months or more -- could be on the beach at 4 AM drunk and/or doing drugs and could be sent into a frenzy when they realize two farangs are having sex on the beach close to them with the resultant outcome. It does not make much sense to me that a wealthy Thai scion of the local bigwigs who can get laid any time he wants would have a similar reaction if he stumbles upon the same couple under the same circumstances.

You're completing missing the point. Have you ever seen a Thai man's reaction to a little loss of face? Especially a wealthy and self entitled Thai man? Especially in the South.

Look at the horrific pictures. It wasn't about sex. It was about horrible emotions of insane violence.

As I said I am not aware that scenario has been established.

You begin by saying you have not bothered to acquaint yourself with the details of this case and finish by stating your lack of awareness. Thanks for this stunning contribution to the thread.clap2.gif

JLCrab has a habit of commenting on what he knows nothing about. Once again his naive statement shows this. He might be new to Thailand, or too eager to speak.

Proverbs 24:20 For there shall be no reward to the evil man; the candle of the wicked shall be put out.

Evil men will be rewarded, one way or the other. God will reward wicked men with grief, pain, and death. He will cut their lives off and send their souls down to eternal torment.

This verse is the second half of a proverb. Here is the first half: Fret not thyself because of evil men, neither be thou envious at the wicked (Pr 24:19). You should not worry or be,..,.............

Why do people feel compelled to quote their fairy stories? We are discussing a serious issue and the last thing we need is this tripe. Many kids had invisible friends but most of them grew !

• Like 1

You can see the Burmese men asking "where did I hit her again?"

http://www.samuitimes.com/human-rights-commission-thailand-ask-anonymous-information-koh-tao-murders/

Anyone who knows anything speak up to this focal point collecting data anonymously as of today.

Very very soon this will be too late to act. Now before it goes to court, please allow the NHRC to data collect for the lives of the Burmese kids.

• Like 1

http://www.samuitimes.com/human-rights-commission-thailand-ask-anonymous-information-koh-tao-murders/

Anyone who knows anything speak up to this focal point collecting data anonymously as of today.

Very very soon this will be too late to act. Now before it goes to court, please allow the NHRC to data collect for the lives of the Burmese kids.

The Burmese scapegoats are also asking, "where do we go now?" "where did we kill them?" ...because they don't have a clue. The whole fracas was micro-orchestrated, with at least 5 officers shouting directions non-stop and another 5 to 10 physically manipulating the arms and legs of the suspects - in ways which fit with the cops scenario. The reenactment didn't take into account several key happenings of the crime. The cops didn't even get the murders weapons right, ....NEITHER ONE OF THE TWO MURDER WEAPONS! There are sooooooo many basic investigative activities the cops either didn't do at all, or they clandestinely did, and the results didn't sinc with the scenario they wanted to create. The cops were worse than inept, they purposefully skewed the clues in the case to frame the Burmese while concurrently eliminating the more viable suspects (who happen to be) connected with the Headman. I hope their ruse is blown wide open with the truth. The next step, after that happens, is for scores of cops (including top brass) to lose their jobs (and possibly be liable for criminal charges, for knowingly conspiring to kill innocent people). But that is impossible with a self-appointed government of Army brass who are bosom buddies with top cops.

• Like 1

The Burmese scapegoats are also asking, "where do we go now?" "where did we kill them?" ...because they don't have a clue. The whole fracas was micro-orchestrated, with at least 5 officers shouting directions non-stop and another 5 to 10 physically manipulating the arms and legs of the suspects - in ways which fit with the cops scenario. The reenactment didn't take into account several key happenings of the crime. The cops didn't even get the murders weapons right, ....NEITHER ONE OF THE TWO MURDER WEAPONS! There are sooooooo many basic investigative activities the cops either didn't do at all, or they clandestinely did, and the results didn't sinc with the scenario they wanted to create. The cops were worse than inept, they purposefully skewed the clues in the case to frame the Burmese while concurrently eliminating the more viable suspects (who happen to be) connected with the Headman. I hope their ruse is blown wide open with the truth. The next step, after that happens, is for scores of cops (including top brass) to lose their jobs (and possibly be liable for criminal charges, for knowingly conspiring to kill innocent people). But that is impossible with a self-appointed government of Army brass who are bosom buddies with top cops.

An independent inquiry could hurt ties between the U.K and Thailand. All these top cops shown up, big embarrassment. The police will retaliate with stricter immigration rules. Unless someone or something big happens to definitively prove it wasn't these Myanmar suspects then there is no hope of justice.

Aung Myo Thant, a Burmese lawyer who is part of a legal team sent by the Burmese Embassy in Bangkok to represent the accused, told The Irrawaddy that Win Zaw Htun was assaulted and threatened after refusing to confess to the murders during a police interrogation.

“He didn’t confess when he was in the investigation center,” Aung Myo Thant said. “A police officer hit the side of his face and the interpreter also hit him four times. Then police threatened to electrocute them [the suspects] and said that no worse thing would happen to them if they confessed. So, they finally confessed as they saw no hope.”

Thai authorities denied a request by the Burmese legal team to meet with another Burmese migrant Maung Maung, who is being held by Thai police as a witness.

“Police told us Maung Maung is not a criminal. They are keeping him to be a witness and provide testimony to the prosecutor. So, they can’t let us meet him. They told us they are keeping him at a hotel,” said Aung Myo Thant. There were unconfirmed reports stating that Maung Maung, who is a friend of the two suspects, was also badly beaten by Thai police.

http://www.irrawaddy.org/burma/burmese-suspects-koh-tao-murders-tortured-interrogation-lawyer.html