Foreigner charging the public money for photo opportunity

Asiantravel

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well if it isn't against the law it should be but for the reason of taking such a beautiful animal from it's natural habitat to be paraded around Beach Road, bars and the like. Disgraceful. I am sickened by the the people that do this with snakes, cuddly marsupials and the like. Where's PETA when you need them? As one poster remarked, Who's he hurting? Well, he's hurting the wonderful bird that's who.

That's my rant. Good-day!

DJ would you consider toning down that damn avatar? So distracting from what you have written.

• Like 1

Beautiful bird. Seen him around for years. I am not bothered by the actions of this guy. A friend taught me a lesson to be more tolerant in life and towards others, as long as they do no harm and since then I am trying, with more or less success. :-) MS>

That's the way to look at things. Live and let live.

• Like 1

How do you know he was a forgeiner, how do you know he didn't get permission? Its not something wrong with him its something wrong from you.

As far as PETA ranting..i am a memeber of PETA people for eating tasty animals that organizations a joke we could have gone without hearing from some American control group trying to tell humans how to behave..man has been killing torchuring and using animals for money since adam got his first diaper who are we to say its wrong or right

Leave the man alone ..i think the fact hes generated so much of your attention says alot about him or less about you???

• Like 1

I have seen him several times outside central , beach exit. He is sitting there with his parrot (Norwegian blue? ) and it looks almost dead to me. Anyway he must have paid off the cops, the police station is only 100 meters away.

• Like 1

I have seen him several times outside central , beach exit. He is sitting there with his parrot (Norwegian blue? ) and it looks almost dead to me. Anyway he must have paid off the cops, the police station is only 100 meters away.

no ............this is a Norwegian blue " almost dead " parrot .............giggle.gif

It is against the law for a foreigner to do that but he won't get very rich at 20 baht a time ...

I thought that and what a nerve to do it in such an incredibly public place when he would never possibly know if an off duty immigration Department official happened to walk by to enter central department store? ermm.gif I mean, he was right next to the entrance.

And when you say he won't make much money that is my point really. Why would anyone in their right mind take such a risk regarding their immigration status for such pittance?

Don't worry AT.......if an off-duty immigration officer is entering a department store, then he has something else on his mind than a foreigner and a bird.

Off-duty is off-duty.............

Well if it isn't against the law it should be but for the reason of taking such a beautiful animal from it's natural habitat to be paraded around Beach Road, bars and the like. Disgraceful. I am sickened by the the people that do this with snakes, cuddly marsupials and the like. Where's PETA when you need them? As one poster remarked, Who's he hurting? Well, he's hurting the wonderful bird that's who.

pretty sure the bird still has wings and isnt chained up, can fly back to its natural habitat when ever it wants

There was another discussion about this guy a while back. He ask for "100baht", not 20 baht. The Chinese seem to give it to him. It's disgusting and a stain on the city and it's tourism. He's from Canada not that that matters much. A beggar in a third world country isn't rare but a Canadian with a bird begging is a sight to behold. When I saw him, he was in a pizza joint and the bird was eating off other tables. He hadn't ordered anything himself. (On Soi Lenkee, at the Loft)

He is not hurting anyone, that bird has been his pet for almost 10 years, he brought her over from Hawaii many years ago and they are together 24/7,

Seen better looking birds hanging off a farangs shoulder!

Increasingly rare in Pattaya in 2014 - a few roosters dressed as hens and the odd spring chicken with attractive plumage, but increasingly it's just old chooks way past their use-by date. Said Farang could easily end up with egg on his face.

Edited by MrWorldwide

pretty sure the bird still has wings and isnt chained up, can fly back to its natural habitat when ever it wants

Yeah right! Well, even if he could negotiate his way (with likely clipped wings) through Thailand's traffic without getting run down/over/into all the way back to his "natural habitat", he has by now been on that beachroad/walking street so often that he is likely the same as many a bar girl down there where you can maybe take the girl out of the bar, but you can't always 'take the bar out of the girl'.....that bird would likely be back in no time realizing he just doesn't quite fit in back there and quickly find himself missing the excitement of the big city, the bars, the lights, the ......well, you know!

So who am I to judge, maybe no one is getting hurt.......?

They do fine him, but he says he makes more money than he pays in fines, so he just keeps doing it. He is not one to follow laws. They need to make his fines larger. As far as the comments that he is not hurting anyone, that is not the point. It is illegal.

People are always taking photos of my dog at the beach as she swims to retrieve the ball I've thrown. It's the same when she's chasing after the Frisbee when we're on the sand. Photo, photo, photo.

How much do you think I could charge?

They do fine him, but he says he makes more money than he pays in fines, so he just keeps doing it. He is not one to follow laws. They need to make his fines larger. As far as the comments that he is not hurting anyone, that is not the point. It is illegal.

But if we start hunting down poor old sods with birds on their shoulder we're just one step closer to becoming another nanny state.

People are always taking photos of my dog at the beach as she swims to retrieve the ball I've thrown. It's the same when she's chasing after the Frisbee when we're on the sand. Photo, photo, photo.

How much do you think I could charge?

"photos of my dog at the beach as SHE swims to retrieve the ball I,ve thrown"

its not the "missus" is it-if so it depends upon whether its a bikini or swimsuit as to how much you can ask giggle.gif

What's the problem ? He just adds a bit of character to the place.

The problem comes when the victim doesn't want to pay. How is the bird going to react? How is the farang going to react? A farang threatening a Chinese tourist?

It's disgusting doing it for money. If for fun, then perhaps okay unless the bird bites the tourist.

He's a hustler and doesn't add any "character" to any place. The Thai's allowing this to continue is what is out of character.