Freshly cooked: 7-Eleven's quest to conquer Thailand?

webfact

Freshly cooked: 7-Eleven's quest to conquer Thailand?
By Coconuts Bangkok

7-11.jpg

Seriously, can’t they stick to the frozen junk food?

BANGKOK: -- 7-Eleven has reportedly launched an a la carte meal booth inside one of its stores on Soi Prachasongkroh 23 in the Din Daeng area with a snapshot of the new service shared and discussed online.

While some have speculated the booth probably serves the usual CP frozen meals, others pointed out a sign on the bottom left of the photo which said “every meal is freshly cooked, ready to serve.”

Full story: http://bangkok.coconuts.co//2014/10/08/freshly-cooked-7-elevens-quest-conquer-thailand

cocon.jpg
-- Coconuts Bangkok 2014-10-08

They'll have to pull out all the stops to Rival Family Marts Toasted sandwich. Granted if you want more than one you could be hanging about for the candle powered sandwich toaster to "Brown" you snacks for a few hours , but quality food doesn't come together quickly

• Like 1

while they are at it why not open a fish and chip shop selling pie and chips fish and chips and curry sauce and mushy peas and make us falang happy.

just like to add I like issan food and love gai yang and sticky rice.

A very good move by 7/11.

Freshly cooked food for very reasonable prices.

Definitely, I will be one of their first customers when it comes to my area.

I believe they observe more to hygiene matters than the street vendors.

By the way...........I like their burgers.

Another quality expat/tourist!!

They can call it whatever they want, junkfood is junkfood!!bah.gif

You can get a decent Thai meal with water/softdrink for under 100 baht, so it beyond me that anyone would even consider eating the socalled food from 7-Eleven??

• Like 1

Another quality expat/tourist!!

They can call it whatever they want, junkfood is junkfood!!bah.gif

You can get a decent Thai meal with water/softdrink for under 100 baht, so it beyond me that anyone would even consider eating the socalled food from 7-Eleven??

Oh wow Thai food, how exciting, after 11 years of eating it everyday. 7/11 food might be nutritionally challenged, but at least you can get a few different flavors in your mouth from time to time. without needing to go to a restaurant That's what it is about for me anyhow. If you lived in the west and had Thai food 3 or 4 nights a week you would be looking for something else wouldn't you.

• Like 1

'Freshly cooked' is straightforward enough in its meaning. It means cooked on the spot (undoubtedly from frozen ingredients) while you wait.

The notice says nothing about fresh ingredients being used.

If readers can't understand the difference, then their grasp of English is less acute than the Thai person who made the notice!

R

Edited by robsamui

OMG I had a high opinion of you reading the comments on the Koh Tao misery but you disappoint me. On the other hand, being used to Greek food might explain it all :-)

One should not confuse "food" with a "food-like product". These are factory made, and although the original base ingredient might have been a natural food at one time, after they process and add additional ingredients, it becomes a lab experiment passing itself off as something the human body needs. I am sure there is a lot of salt added to make the consumer more thirsty and thus entice him to buy a large sugar laden drink. Just one more step towards creating an unhealthy society. TIP: Buy shares in a local pharmaceutical company that produces insulin. Type 2 diabetes should be taking another giant leap among the population very soon.

• Like 2

This is a great idea, now I can have a reason to wait 10 minutes for the girl behind the counter to count my change out 10-20 times and say Na Ka the same amount.

Tho if I'm 2nd in the queue and know I'm going to have to wait 30 minutes to get served I might not be so happy.

All the cute pro am students and BGs cannot cook nowadays. I blame 7-11

Now they will definitely not be able to cook. lol

After the novelty wears off they have to bring something to the table no pun intended.

Edited by maprao