First Ever World Egg Day is celebrated in Thailand

Lite Beer

So we all have to eat more eggs to increase sales.

Health seems not important.

S I C K !

eggs are very healthy....at least theoretic....I bought some who tasted like fish which were most probably full of chemicals. But organic eggs are available in Thailand. Upcountry most probably even easier.

Many kids in Thailand don't eat enough protein which is important for their development. White rice + vegetables is terrible bad food. Adding an egg and a glass milk changes that.

• Like 1

So we all have to eat more eggs to increase sales.

Health seems not important.

S I C K !

eggs are very healthy....at least theoretic....I bought some who tasted like fish which were most probably full of chemicals. But organic eggs are available in Thailand. Upcountry most probably even easier.

Many kids in Thailand don't eat enough protein which is important for their development. White rice + vegetables is terrible bad food. Adding an egg and a glass milk changes that.

who? Are you humanising eggs? clap2.gif

WHO.......

Thais add an egg to a mama.... thus I don't believe the figures of consumption anway.

But come on h, eggs are not human..... then again, this is of course 'Amazing Thailand', so you could be spot on. ;)

So, a Thai event is marketed as a world event.

Would any other country do that?

It's like the World Cup being restricted to teams from South America, the Snooker World Championship only having English players or World series baseball only having North American teams. Oh!!! smile.pngsmile.pngsmile.pngsmile.png

It's a world event not a Thai event. Thailand is just one country taking part.

So, a Thai event is marketed as a world event.

Would any other country do that?

It's like the World Cup being restricted to teams from South America, the Snooker World Championship only having English players or World series baseball only having North American teams. Oh!!! smile.pngsmile.pngsmile.pngsmile.png

but Thailand is ready to hold the Tour De France.....

I saw how the Thai prepare eggs for Khai Dao. They float the egg in a wok of oil until it is cooked. I figure by increasing the Thai's consumption of eggs by 100, the country should see a corresponding increase in obesity and heart disease. Great thinking!

It's not the eggs causing the obesity. It's the gross amounts of sugar. in its original form, ladled on everything from noodles to sauces, sodas, white flour, palm oil (in which the eggs are 'boiled'), convenience foods, and overall lack of exercise, among others, that are the main culprits contributing to heart disease and type 2 diabetes. When I arrived in Thailand years ago, I never noticed overweight children. Now, I see morbidly obese children riding their motorbikes all the time. The healthiest looking people seem to be the field workers who can't afford to buy the more expensive crap food. Their main diet consists of vegetables and rice, which does not cause obesity if it is not combined with other high calorie foods, and they are performing labor intensive work for most of the day. Not sure if the work keeps them thin, or that they don't have the time or means to consume the unhealthy food like products which have caused havoc on the health of many western nations.

Eggsactly