Pattaya immigration no longer does conversion to non-O visa

I think I know the answer, but just to double-check:

I received a single-entry Non-Immigrant O visa in Savannakhet last week. I plan to make a overseas trip the first week of December which will be before the final 45 days on the permission to stay so I won't be able to apply for a retirement extension before I leave. I will return to Thailand later in December. Can I get a re-entry permit for B1,000 on such a visa to let me return and still use that visa to extend for retirement?

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very interested in this thread. I had planned to get a non immigrant visa in Singapore where I live but at the office today they said I cannot apply until my employment pass expires at the end of the year. Knowing how they can screw you around I am worried they will say if I apply in January with an expired employment pass that I am no longer resident in Singapore and cannot apply there, sort of Catch 22 situation. All my other documents (bank guarantee, crime clearance and doctors cert) were fine but Singapore doesn't have the best reputation for user friendliness. They even scolded me as my 6 photos were not identical

So alternative plan would be to enter Thailand on a 30 day visa waiver in a couple of weeks and transfer to a Non Immigrant O. I realise now I cannot do it at Jomtien but the prevailing opinion of previous posters was OK to do at Bangkok with the bank letter - I have had sufficient funds for the last 3 months. Added advantage I would not then need to return to Singapore at the end the year. However don't want to commit to this unless pretty sure it is a viable plan

Much recent updates much appreciated

Very interested in this thread. I had planned to get a non immigrant visa in Singapore where I live but at the office today they said I cannot apply until my employment pass expires at the end of the year. Knowing how they can screw you around I am worried they will say if I apply in January with an expired employment pass that I am no longer resident in Singapore and cannot apply there, sort of Catch 22 situation. All my other documents (bank guarantee, crime clearance and doctors cert) were fine but Singapore doesn't have the best reputation for user friendliness. They even scolded me as my 6 photos were not identical

So alternative plan would be to enter Thailand on a 30 day visa waiver in a couple of weeks and transfer to a Non Immigrant O. I realise now I cannot do it at Jomtien but the prevailing opinion of previous posters was OK to do at Bangkok with the bank letter - I have had sufficient funds for the last 3 months. Added advantage I would not then need to return to Singapore at the end the year. However don't want to commit to this unless pretty sure it is a viable plan

Much recent updates much appreciated

Or alternatively go the pretty way via Savannakhet and obtain a single non-O there? Much more user-friendly than Singapore according to recent reports.

First tks to everybody for posting how to do and answer all questions

Went to CW the 4th to convert TR to Non imm o

Painless, in 12:50 out 14:30

My best tip would be to read up on what they require, letters from bank, copies and even more

copies. IO very interested in my Passbooks and copy of all pages.

Be nice and polite

Return 2 weeks later to get visa

Tks

Timm

PS had to ask 11 taxis, they dont want to og to CW midday, from lower Sukhumvit

Edited by timmm

First tks to everybody for posting how to do and answer all questions

Went to CW the 4th to convert TR to Non imm o

Painless, in 12:50 out 14:30

My best tip would be to read up on what they require, letters from bank, copies and even more

copies. IO very interested in my Passbooks and copy of all pages.

Be nice and polite

Return 2 weeks later to get visa

Tks

Timm

PS had to ask 11 taxis, they dont want to og to CW midday, from lower Sukhumvit

Your advice seems sound. My concerns are that some people have reported that they want the letter from the bank dated the same day as the application which seems logistically a bit hard. Also will they want photocopies of past passbook pages as well as the current one? Hope it all goes smoothly

Letters from my bank dated 3rd so 1 day old. No questions asked.

Most banks have branches in the basement, same building, so you

can get it there.

The transfer of funds was made to my savings acc, so copy of all pages and signature

The 800000 is in a time deposit acc, so copy of all pages as well

Hope this helps

• 2 weeks later...

All this talk of Chaengwattana.

Why not just go to

61-green-dot.png
Suan Phlu Immigration Office

Easier to get to

Or will they not do the conversion there?

Suan Plu is no longer an immigration office for the public. It is the general headquarters for immigration and doesn't give any public service there.

All this talk of Chaengwattana.

Why not just go to

61-green-dot.png
Suan Phlu Immigration Office

Easier to get to

Or will they not do the conversion there?

Suan Plu is no longer an immigration office for the public. It is the general headquarters for immigration and doesn't give any public service there.

Thanks big time brother. You just saved me a trip in the wrong direction!