Chinese court sentences cult members to death over McDonald's killing

webfact

Chinese court sentences cult members to death over McDonald's killing

(CNN) -- Two members of a banned Chinese doomsday cult were sentenced to death Saturday for the brutal murder of a woman in a McDonald's restaurant in May, Chinese state media reported.

Zhang Fan and Zhang Lidong were among five members of the Church of Almighty God, or "Quannengshen," tried on murder charges in August over the killing in Zhaoyuan, Shandong Province, the state-run Xinhua agency reported.

Three fellow cult members, Lyu Yingchun, Zhang Hang and Zhang Qiaolian, were sentenced to life, 10 and seven years in prison respectively for their roles in the attack. The four Zhangs were related, according to the report.

A court statement said the victim, a 37-year-old woman named Wu Shuoyan, was attacked after refusing to give her phone number to the group, who were allegedly attempting to recruit new members.

Full story: http://edition.cnn.com/2014/10/13/world/asia/china-eastern-lightning-death-sentence/index.html

cnn.com.jpg
-- CNN 2014-10-14

Mc Donalds is a disgusting company that is contributing to the unheard of new levels of obesity around the world. I cant understand why so many eat that crap when there are affordable alternatives everywhere. There is also a lot of aggression at Mc Donalds, especially people at drive thru, "Dont get in my way of getting a Big Mac" is the mentality lots of fights there too. They are facing huge drops in WW revenue I honestly hope they one day close for good.

In Thailand McDonalds stores deliver excellent food in a pleasant and polite environment. The quality is excellent and extremely reliable. Nobody in their right mind would eat it every day as many of their dishes contain a lot of calories. But the nutrition information is available so consumers can make an informed choice. Calling the company disgusting is absurd and seemingly blaming them for the behaviour of customers in a queue (line) nonsensical.

• Like 2

Mc Donalds is a disgusting company that is contributing to the unheard of new levels of obesity around the world. I cant understand why so many eat that crap when there are affordable alternatives everywhere. There is also a lot of aggression at Mc Donalds, especially people at drive thru, "Dont get in my way of getting a Big Mac" is the mentality lots of fights there too. They are facing huge drops in WW revenue I honestly hope they one day close for good.

A bit of an over reaction don't you think.

You might as well blame mobile phones and play stations, petrol driven vehicles and elevators.

I love those sausage Mc things for breakfast now and again.

• Like 1

A bit of an over reaction don't you think.

You might as well blame mobile phones and play stations, petrol driven vehicles and elevators.

I love those sausage Mc things for breakfast now and again.

If desperate I'm partial to a Diet Coke and a Crispy Sweet Thai Chicken Wrap. This comes in around 450 calories.

Totally off-topic, but I just wanted you to know that. I don't know why. crazy.gif.pagespeed.ce.dzDUUqYcHZ.gif

• Like 1

An article concerning the murder of a woman and the sentencing of murderers provides a humor platform for some.

A very sad commentary as to the makeup of the jokesters.

Absolutely. They were clearly too lazy to follow the link to the CNN report which detailed the horrific nature of the attack and the woman's appalling injuries. Had they done so, I cannot believe we would have been treated to such an puerile exercise in bad taste and insensitivity.

• Like 1

From the provided LINK. bah.gif

"called her an "evil spirit," before bludgeoned her head with a chair, then jumped on her and trampled her head."

"bashed the victim's head with a mop hard enough to break it, and stomped on her face and head"

"kicked her waist and prevented McDonald's staff from intervening"

=kinmaew= Your posting blink.png

Nothing, what you wrote, is relevant here and that there is more "violence" in McDonalds Restaurants,

than in other Restaurant-fast food chains, please provide a LINK for that.

Anyway, how would you observe that, as you are surely avoid to be near any McDonalds.

Edited by ALFREDO