When you know you have mastered the Thai way of life

dotpoom

Mai Pen Rai....

When you have learned that, you have mastered the Thai way of life.

Nothing matters, and what if it did?

Everything magically falls into place once you have learned this.

Now, I just smile like everyone else.

Choke Dee!

• Like 2

i can easily bet it's op being a dunce rather than the true vision people somehow making their bill confusing.

I was wondering how long it would take for same same to rear it's head. Some people just don't have a sense of humour.

Took me a while to master opening those little bags of nam pla they give you with your takeaway fried rice etc. Back in the days I thought " I reckon I'm doing this wrong" when I stuck a knife in the bag and the whole lot sprayed out in my face.

I still have problems with anything takeaway tied with the rubber band. Noodle soup I only manage to open 1 in 5 without having to attack it with a pair of scissors/knife smile.png

Yes, same.

I have started watching very closely to the way they put the rubber band on in the hope of reverse engineering it when I get home.

Unfortunately, there seems to be several versions of the twist and double back, so my efforts have gone unrewarded so far.

As for the little bags of sauce....turn them upside down and snip the corner off.

• Like 2

I am more pissed off with the continuous SAME LONG adverts day after day that we have seen a zillion times than paying the bill....sad.png

Now that you mention it.....I wish to God someday they would change the tune "There's no place like home" at the kids hurdy gurdies in the shopping malls where I'm trying to enjoy a Cone Dip.

• Like 1

I just pay online through KasikornBank on the 25th of every month. Been 1568.12 Baht for some 11 years now. I still get the bill/receipt every month and still can't figure how it's supposed to open. 5555555 -- Could never figure the Rubik Cube either.

Edit: Typo, 65+ and still can't type as well! 555

Edited by bdenner
  • Like 1

i can easily bet it's op being a dunce rather than the true vision people somehow making their bill confusing.

I was wondering how long it would take for same same to rear it's head. Some people just don't have a sense of humour.

Mate ... just ignore the negative comments from the ultimate weapon (giggle.gif) ... we do ... often.

• Like 1

Took me a while to master opening those little bags of nam pla they give you with your takeaway fried rice etc. Back in the days I thought " I reckon I'm doing this wrong" when I stuck a knife in the bag and the whole lot sprayed out in my face.

mca ... the trick there is to not 'open' them.

Just grab a pair of scissors and snip the corner (bottom of the bag) off them and the sauce pours easily.

I just watched what the Thai GF # 1, 2, 3, 4 did ... because, like you, I was frustrated.

• Like 1

When you accept the Thai people and find them "as they are".....and realize somewhere along the way they do the same for us.....we are in "their house".....if you find fault and want them to change you've lost before you even started.....

Thais are dexterous, no point in trying to emulate them.

My mother has been crocheting for 40 years, my wife shows her up in 3. They are just plain good at weaving, knitting, crafty things....and opening a True Visions bill.

My True bill never arrives. I have asked and requested etc - even the online one is a balls-up.

So what I do is go in with the ONE that did arrive the first month. They have to keep stapling the receipt onto it - on top of the previous ones. Its getting pretty difficult for them - even just to open it to get the account number.tongue.png

I put on my self-effacing - sorry, but the bill never arrives shrug and mention.

Childish maybe, but attrition is the key to achieving your goal in LoS - keep your patience, smile and shaft away! biggrin.png

True that, they make most foreigners look like rtards when it comes down to fiddly things. As for rubber banded food items I managed to figure those with the wrap around double back on itself thing. True move bill Il just stay pre paid for the phone and keep paying wifi at the condo and live in bliss:) ✌

I don't understand.......

Where is that geezer that lives in a Soi and presumably cycles everywhere, you know, The Oracle, The knower of all things Thai.

Surely he must preach to everyone here about this in his very smug and arrogant style

A pair of scissors.

Is my tool of choice.

Or just don't bother,hand it to the cashier unopened.

This method works very well.

I tell them to send it to me as a PDF attachment to an email and then I just print it out. I agree I've never managed to open one of their statements sent in the mail without ending up either with three small separate pieces of paper or a single sheet with the bottom part printed the wrong way around and at the top.

I usually renew annually or semi-annually and I've noticed the past few times, between the time they phone to tell me I'm about to be billed and the time when I get around to paying it, I get all the channels. As soon as I pay, I go back to getting the Gold channels only.

Edited by Suradit69

I managed it once, dotpoom. It was an incredible experience. The bill just floated open in my hands for a brief moment I felt one with the world. I could see each individual raindrop as it fell, a unique construction that would never be exactly replicated. I could hear babies sleeping across the world. I realised we were all one, a collection of atoms, that death was merely the rearrangement of these atoms into something else, and in that moment I let go of all the pain, the misery, the desire, and I just existed.

And then I realised I was paying for Platinum even though the football was now on CTH and it seemed that True were just rotating the same bad movies, including that awful Adam Sandler film "Jack and Jill" which appears to be showing every time I turn the TV on, and in that moment all hope was lost.

jill_320.jpg

So fantastic you understand Rumblecat. This is exactly the "Awakening" I am hoping to experience when I master the "Opening". It's so good to hear it from the very lips (fingers) of one who has been "Enlightened...and not just some secondhand experience. You received the gift of "Awareness" and straight away you seen that you were subscribing to the wrong bl - - dy people. Be grateful though....the dawning of the day has come for you.