3 tourist visas in a row ok?

I'm a UK citizen, arrived in Thailand from UK in Feb 2014 on a single entry tourist visa. When that expired I immediately got a double entry tourist visa from Vientiane. This expires in the middle of November and I'd like to apply immediately for a single entry tourist visa (ideally from Vientiane), to last me through to February.

Does anyone know if this - 3 back to back tourist visas for a UK citizen - is possible? if not, does anyone know how long I must be out of Thailand, in order to apply for another tourist visa? Thanks!

No problem to get another tourist visa in Vientiane because you have only gotten one from them.

They don't count the total you have from everywhere only from them back to back.

Really? That's interesting. So someone could hypothetically stay indefinitely if they just bounced to a different consulate each time they apply?

Really doesn't change my plan for the ED visa but it is definitely interesting if I'm reading this right.

Vientiane normally will do 3 double entry visas back to back. That is almost 18 months.

The best way is to start out with a 3 entry from your home country (if possible) and then one or two nearby and then go home for another one. I think a person could stay for a long time doing it this way.

• Like 1

No problem to get another tourist visa in Vientiane because you have only gotten one from them.

They don't count the total you have from everywhere only from them back to back.

Really? That's interesting. So someone could hypothetically stay indefinitely if they just bounced to a different consulate each time they apply?

Really doesn't change my plan for the ED visa but it is definitely interesting if I'm reading this right.

Yep.... People have been here many years on tourist visas.

True, but that was BEFORE the latest "crackdown" which, although concentrated on visa-exempt entries should (IMO) be considered.

As ever UbonJoe gives us a succinct answer though!

None at the embassies or consulate in neighboring countries other than normal limit on back to back restriction at them.

Singapore has said none if you have had one within 90 days. Paris France has had a 6 month restriction before but I think there was a report that it is 3 months now.

• Like 1

True, but that was BEFORE the latest "crackdown" which, although concentrated on visa-exempt entries should (IMO) be considered.

As ever UbonJoe gives us a succinct answer though!

This crackdown had nothing to do with Tourist Visas. It's became even easier to get back to back TR visas as long you can produce your address in Thailand and some money.

Vientiane normally will do 3 double entry visas back to back. That is almost 18 months.

The best way is to start out with a 3 entry from your home country (if possible) and then one or two nearby and then go home for another one. I think a person could stay for a long time doing it this way.

if he can proof all this is for tourist purpose !!

I have live In Thailand for 12 years. Six weeks ago I got a triple entry tourist visa in London. I was not asked to show I was a tourist. In fact I was not asked anything at all.

Don't bother, some people here is unhappy with everybody else and have to show it periodically.

I have live In Thailand for 12 years. Six weeks ago I got a triple entry tourist visa in London. I was not asked to show I was a tourist. In fact I was not asked anything at all.

Out of interest JB, did you post your application or actually visit the Embassy? How long did the process take whichever way you chose? Thanks.

I went in person. Application are received 9.00 to 12.30. There were 4 people ahead of me in the queue and two position open. I was there for about 15 minutes

You collect the following date between 11.00 am and noon. I arrived before 11.00am and left about 11.05am.

I went in person. Application are received 9.00 to 12.30. There were 4 people ahead of me in the queue and two position open. I was there for about 15 minutes

You collect the following date between 11.00 am and noon. I arrived before 11.00am and left about 11.05am.

Thanks again smile.png

Keep in mind, it's not just a question of successfully obtaining the tourist visa, wherever you do that. You ALSO have to navigate inbound through Thai immigration which means the scrutiny of an immigration officer, who has total "discretion" over your permission to enter, nevermind the fact that some embassy or consulate granted you a visa. A visa is not a guarantee of entry (and that's true not just in Thailand), much as you might assume it would be. I would THINK that in this post-crackdown era a string of back-to-back tourist visas would at least raise the odds of greater scrutiny and some suspicion about your status as an "actual tourist". ...Something about which there's been quite a bit of discussion & argument here at TV.

I wouldn't think that with only two prior tourist visas, you'd necessarily attract a whole lot of attention. But some keep saying the crackdown never had anything to do with tourist visas, and I don't think that's 100% true in cases where the IO developed suspicions of the holder working in Thailand.

It's time to end this periodic rubbish popup by people that hasn't anything better to do.

How come we don't hear the same advice from moderators that have been running this forum since many years ?

Or just link here one reliable report of anyone with a valid visa not allowed in country.

Even including like Dannok and Ranong abuse.

Edited by paz

Here's two three:

"Tourist visa holders denied entry to Thailand and left stranded in Malaysia"

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/742573-tourist-visa-holders-denied-entry-to-thailand-and-left-stranded-in-malaysia/

"Russian denied entry at Phuket International Airport over 'visa' crackdown"

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/725414-russian-denied-entry-at-phuket-international-airport-over-visa-crackdown/

"South Thailand border crossings reports problems to enter with 60-days tourist visas "TR60" "

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/741503-south-thailand-border-crossings-reports-problems-to-enter-with-60-days-tourist-visas-tr60/

...and one can't reasonably assume that all refusals necessarily show up here on ThaiVisa.

AND, here's a non-TV source (although it references TV) that specifically mentions the involvement of Tourist Visas:

http://asiancorrespondent.com/124798/visa-enforcement-tightens-for-tourists-and-expats-in-thailand/

Edited by hawker9000

Thanks, you really made your case with three pieces of stale news.

People is impressed with your search ability.

Good move to include the border post that holds the award of abuse and corruption, as I suggested you should have.

Expect an expert badge any day now.

Edited by paz

Thanks again smile.png

I realise replying to my own post is odd, but just for everyone's information who might wish to apply by post to London:

A friend posted his application for a Double-Entry Tourist Visa to the Embassy on Monday October 13 - he sent it for "Next Day" Special Delivery and included the £10 for it to be returned Special Delivery.

He received his passport with requested Visa on Friday October 17