Does your wife Facebook pictures of things you buy for her?

oakweb

How many gf's have you had in any country? Forgive me but like they say in the USA and UK no money no honey.

I have had very few GF's in 50 years (out of choice) But 100's of conquests may I add...(kind respect where due ladies) " I have never paid for sex.( and because I live in Thailand I can still get it for free from " time to time " like most farang living here! but I always play the "poor farang " card as it shows who the genuine ladies really are........F.J x

You wear your poverty like a badge. Someone told me a long time ago, "there is no such thing as a free lunch." Being poor doesn't make you a good person it just makes you a poor person.

I would suggest if you think women are conquests you have no idea of the nature of women and instead are trying to impress us, your male readers with your masculine prowess.

Since men stepped out of caves women have been attracted to the male with the most power and money. They are genuine, real women.

Men come to Thailand because money goes further here for almost everything. Women are convinced you must have some money because you are a Farang and play the long game till they find out you don't; hence you don't have many GF's.

Some people pay for sex with emotion or love or affection or attention to detail or children or cash. We are all men here we know. You don't have to play the, "I never pay for it" card. It's been done many times and no one believes you.

You walk a dangerous road though best stay single. I know about women and won't be a jumper if the love of my life leaves me. You still believe in chivalric love and when that balloon bursts you will be devastated. At 50 you should know these things.

Remember even King Aurthur lost his wife to a young local stud called Lancelot or something like that.

• Like 2

Well yes it all sounds " wonderful " but you have to understand that I don't actually want a bloody GF ! I have always enjoyed doing my own thing! I didn't come to Thailand looking for " love & romance " ....... x

You are the third one I've met. The other two are priests. But nothing wrong with that.

I find it ludicrous that thai women have to put up pics of themselves and all their latest "presents" etc so that they look like they are something more than they really are. All it does for me is show how insincere and pathetically minded they are, mind you these are the same women that have to start playing with their faces whenever they see a reflection of it. The real women in Thailand dont need to do this sh*t because they have a bit of class and dont need to show off to anyone, they have standards. Sorry but to me the only women that do this are pretty low class, uneducated with no values what so ever, they are also the ones that will likely dump their farang other half as soon as they find someone with more money (or he spends all his)or are scamming him behind his back, dont even know why men would even associate with this type of female unless it is a similar thing for the guys, "look at my women", hahahaha, what a joke, as they say, you get what you deserve. Strange but I always thought that two people were together for each other, you know, love, not what they can score and use as bragging rightsblink.png .

While what you said is true there exists a substantial more educated, non low socio-economic class that share similar values to those of the low socio-economic ones. society is substance poor and image enriched. poor intellectual, poor integrity, poor marality, poor critical thinking development in general with exceptions duly noted. i have seen pics of a a upper middle class baby superimposed on stacks of cash so their proud parents could show on facebook.

i see many middle class gals fixing their hair/face instantly upon noting a reflective surface, common to see during business hours on the trains in bkk. they are focused on image as there is little substance.

a % of expats needs are met by the style woman they choose regardless of her background. if they are happy thats all that matters for them. thailand is not an intellectual bastion of morality.

Edited by atyclb
  • Like 1

I find it ludicrous that thai women have to put up pics of themselves and all their latest "presents" etc so that they look like they are something more than they really are. All it does for me is show how insincere and pathetically minded they are, mind you these are the same women that have to start playing with their faces whenever they see a reflection of it. The real women in Thailand dont need to do this sh*t because they have a bit of class and dont need to show off to anyone, they have standards. Sorry but to me the only women that do this are pretty low class, uneducated with no values what so ever, they are also the ones that will likely dump their farang other half as soon as they find someone with more money (or he spends all his)or are scamming him behind his back, dont even know why men would even associate with this type of female unless it is a similar thing for the guys, "look at my women", hahahaha, what a joke, as they say, you get what you deserve. Strange but I always thought that two people were together for each other, you know, love, not what they can score and use as bragging rightsblink.png .

While what you said is true there exists a substantial more educated, non low socio-economic class that share similar values to those of the low socio-economic ones. society is substance poor and image enriched. poor intellectual, poor integrity, poor marality, poor critical thinking development in general with exceptions duly noted. i have seen pics of a a upper middle class baby superimposed on stacks of cash so their proud parents could show on facebook.

i see many middle class gals fixing their hair/face instantly upon noting a reflective surface, common to see during business hours on the trains in bkk. they are focused on image as there is little substance.

a % of expats needs are met by the style woman they choose regardless of her background. if they are happy thats all that matters for them. thailand is not an intellectual bastion of morality.

Don't know for sure but I think you said ultra high class Thai ladies post dumb selfies too? And I agree.

My wife never posts photos of gifts or posessions, despite most of her friends doing so, because i have taught her from the get go that it is imperative not to show people what you have, the more you have the more people want, so as far as her FB friends are concerned they never ask her to borrow money or are jealous of her. In fact my wife laughs at them when they post pics of there stuff coz half of the time its cheap crap there husbands are buying for them, but they insist on posting the pics so that there friends think that they have more than eachother, absolutely ridiculous.

Only her close friends ( Not Facebook friends)know, what car she drives or what watch she wears, how much jewellery she owns or which hotels we stay in on holiday. And thats how she likes to keep it.

Edited by bigjules007

Well yes it all sounds " wonderful " but you have to understand that I don't actually want a bloody GF ! I have always enjoyed doing my own thing! I didn't come to Thailand looking for " love & romance " ....... x

With all due respect, i think your to tight to have a girlfriend i think the correct term is farang Kee Niaow.

• Like 1

Sorry about not sticking to the question, but I has the word 'Facebook' become a verb? To ask "Does your wife Facebook pictures,,,?" is hard for me to accept. I have no problem with people "googling" something as it's clearly an acceptable new verb to mean look for something with the Google search feature, something that millions of people do daily, but I'm going to hope that there isn't an more 'facebooking".

English is a dynamic language and is changing all the time. Of course 'to Facebook' is a verb and 'the Facebook' is a noun. Why would to google on Google be acceptable and to facebook on Facebook not?

But I personally do not facebook at all, having years ago decided that Facebook is a boring waste of time.

To address the Thai wife posting pics of gifts, places etc, this seems to be normal behavior around the world. However in Thailand it can be taken to extreme in that some Thais can get into competition. Things, money equate to status and 'Face'. If you are concerned about what she posts I would monitor the account and warn her about inappropriate postings. Postings like 'Burglars Please Note: We will be on holiday from the 3rd to the 15th; please come and steal our stuff', is clearly not appropriate or wise.

Sorry about not sticking to the question, but I has the word 'Facebook' become a verb? To ask "Does your wife Facebook pictures,,,?" is hard for me to accept. I have no problem with people "googling" something as it's clearly an acceptable new verb to mean look for something with the Google search feature, something that millions of people do daily, but I'm going to hope that there isn't an more 'facebooking".

English is a dynamic language and is changing all the time. Of course 'to Facebook' is a verb and 'the Facebook' is a noun. Why would to google on Google be acceptable and to facebook on Facebook not?

But I personally do not facebook at all, having years ago decided that Facebook is a boring waste of time.

To address the Thai wife posting pics of gifts, places etc, this seems to be normal behavior around the world. However in Thailand it can be taken to extreme in that some Thais can get into competition. Things, money equate to status and 'Face'. If you are concerned about what she posts I would monitor the account and warn her about inappropriate postings. Postings like 'Burglars Please Note: We will be on holiday from the 3rd to the 15th; please come and steal our stuff', is clearly not appropriate or wise.

I think "to google" would be more acceptable because when Google first appeared in 1998 it was only a search engine. It has now developed into more, but it's original function was to accommodate searching ONLY. Facebook on the other hand is a social site with multiple functions, and it's been that way from day one, so what does "to facebook" mean? It's not clear like googling is.

Edited by waynethor

GOLDBUGGY, on 20 Oct 2014 - 21:19, said:

No!

My Thai Laughs at that and calls people who do that foolish and shameful.

I agree with her.

Tell your wife that she is not fooling or impressing anyone by posting stuff like that and this Old Chinese Proverb.

"He that boast a lot is like Potato Plant......as best part hidden underground".

Or an even better Chinese proverb;

" It is harder to be poor without complaining than to be rich without boasting."

Are you for real. Get off your high horse. Swap saddle for a life and chill

Don't buy her anything as such. She occasionally gets titbits for herself/the house from the business profits. Certainly the food gets photoed, whether at restaurant or at home.

I'd tell your friend's wife to stop being so materialistic, acquisitive & short-sighted. It's his heart that counts, not wallet, silly ;)

My Mrs doesn't but a lot of her friends do. One girl posts a picture of of a wad of cash every time she gets her salary each month, like all of 10,000 THB, I'm not really sure who she's trying to impress with that one!

Why do so many women post this kind of stuff here? It's just trying to show off right? Who would want to be friends with someone who is constantly trying to make them jealous? I find the whole thing very self centered.

You know before I came to Thailand I had this idea that people here wouldn't really be interested in material things, the Land of Smiles and all that...a smile would be enough...especially since it's a Buddhist country.

How wrong I was. Thai people are by far the most materialistic I have ever met, much more than people from the west. I'm not Thai bashing, just saying it how I see it.

And a big part of this posting pictures of stuff to Facebook is all down to materialism.

Same with Filipinos , or Cambodians or Vietnamese . I think if you're growing up in a poor family with very little materialistic things around you , it will get more important for them . It's a way of showing they succeeded in some ways.

Especially a girl married to a farang must be very happy, If she is allowed to eat at fancy restaurants , do expensive shopping she never used to do before, and travel to hi so places , her life will be posted on facebook , you can be sure of that .

But make sure that your picture will be posted on FB as well, just to remind her where all the money comes from .

Edited by balo

• 3 months later...

You're 100% right.

You're 100% right.
You both should date and put it on Facebook.

All Thais put crap on Facebook. Class does not come into it. Food, selfie of me and my food, selfie of me full of food, selfie of my shopping, selfie of being tired because of shopping, selfie of new things, food again. It's how it is if you don't like it. Delete your account.

Places we've been maybe yes, things I have bought her.....no. Sounds like your missus likes to show off 'things' she has, a quality that I would find off putting....sorr

So true, usually that trait comes with girls that hang around Nana and never really owned anything nice.

Many retail web sites will have an easy to click icon to do so (as free advertising) - expect she is just automatically clicking facebook icon when she sees it.

If a problem you might explain that it is a potential invitation for would be robbers to target her with such an open listing of possessions.

What on earth are you talking about loopy? you come here trying to sound smart, talking about facebook ads and PPCs. Did you even read the OP's post? He is talking about wives or girlfriends posting pics of things they have ALREADY bought. Got it?

Places we've been maybe yes, things I have bought her.....no. Sounds like your missus likes to show off 'things' she has, a quality that I would find off putting....sorr

So true, usually that trait comes with girls that hang around Nana and never really owned anything nice.

Maybe you should meet some that dont hang around there. They do it also.

Girls from Cowboi for example.

Sent from my c64

I think if you were in a " normal loving relationship " then your lady would not be interested in " gazing at her mobile phone all day on facebook " i certainly would not want a GF who was playing on the phone all day! ( If they are playing on the phone most of the time then surely " alarm bells should be ringing " because perhaps they are not quite so interested in you as you thought............ ? giggle.gif x