Manchester City

mrbojangles

Just now, Bredbury Blue said:

City fans don't agree with you and feel strong resentment  towards Eufa.

Well this sideshow is perhaps impacting team and crowd turnout so long may it continue and it's a ready made reason for failure so everyone's a winner here.

45 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

1.Do ALL home games of english  teams sell out apart from City?

2. Dont understand  your comment .

1. You'd expect so, the big ones anyway

2. It seems absurd after so many years in obscurity that genuine fans would not relish the skeptical of watching their team play in the highest level of football in the world.

Issues with UEFA is not the reason for not seeing that stadium being filled. I think there are just not enough fans that are interested at this stage of the CL, that's it. 

could be wrong do believe wasn't it 1 st game for arteta in sole charge, didnt see any contact with pep pre and post sub's , so all decisions  looked v much down to him, any contention between supposed disjointed poor play and him  being in charge?   tbh looked post goals 9/10 behind the ball  so boringly difficult to break down  and lyon v v decent footballers as per french teams good at playing to orders  

It would seem teams have a better chance if they go at City, for now anyway. More teams are going to do it you'd reckon. 

Also was listening to a coach talking about this the other day and it makes sense.  They play a system where everyone needs to be doing exactly as is expected and at a high level, just like Liverpool and if it isn't being executed at that level it can fail badly. 

Edited by BangrakBob

2 hours ago, BangrakBob said:

2. It seems absurd after so many years in obscurity that genuine fans would not relish the skeptical of watching their team play in the highest level of football in the world.

Issues with UEFA is not the reason for not seeing that stadium being filled. I think there are just not enough fans that are interested at this stage of the CL, that's it. 

1. You didn't exactly answer that question.

2. I also don't think it's issues with eufa why we had 41k; see earlier for my comments on why.

Just now, Bredbury Blue said:

How is impacting the team? We had an off day, one of several this season, no more no less.

Lack of fans in ground will certainly impact a team. Lack of passion from stands has been proven to intimidate many teams. Need I give examples.

2 hours ago, BangrakBob said:

It would seem teams have a better chance if they go at City, for now anyway. More teams are going to do it you'd reckon. 

Also was listening to a coach talking about this the other day and it makes sense.  They play a system where everyone needs to be doing exactly as is expected and at a high level, just like Liverpool and if it isn't being executed at that level it can fail badly. 

Teams do try that Bob, only one or two including Liverpool have been successful - Spurs tried it twice and lost last season. Teams pressing and playing a high line can crack it. The other way is to completely park the bus. 

1 hour ago, RonniePickering22 said:

I think its got nothing to do with UEFA and everything to do with the cost of going to the game and the City fans feeling the group is not competitive really.

If Madrid or Barca were there it would have been a total sell out crowd.

That's rubbish! Never heard or read any City fans saying that.

Just now, RonniePickering22 said:

Who are the only British club to lose four CL games in a row? ?

Come on now Ronnie calm it down a bit eh they got done home and away by liverpool last season but what do you expect? 

I recall another defeat to a err top team. Basil I think their name is. This recent mauling by lyon lol makes it 4 on the bounce.

I hope bareback clients are ok. I can't imagine he's giving the best service with this dip in results. 

• Haha 1

Just now, Rc2702 said:

Come on now Ronnie calm it down a bit eh they got done home and away by liverpool last season but what do you expect? 

I recall another defeat to a err top team. Basil I think their name is. This recent mauling by lyon lol makes it 4 on the bounce.

I hope bareback clients are ok. I can't imagine he's giving the best service with this dip in results. 

I hear his five year old pupils are asking him every hour when Guy Fawkes day is so they can burn their City shirts. ?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Rc2702 said:

Let's not skirt the issue.  It's a common idea that the atmosphere at the Etihad is Danny dyer

The atmosphere  in the etihad is indeed a well documented  problem since we moved from the Kippax, which the club is trying to improve. It's  a common problem for many clubs at modern grounds, west ham having the most recently  documented problem . Funny enough i was having  a discussion  with a manu fan at work who was telling me about  the atmosphere  problems  at old trafford.

10 hours ago, BangrakBob said:

Could this solve the problem?:thumbsup:

DnkFBTYXoAA8Qnf.jpg

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, Rc2702 said:

Surely as supporters they need to realise what is best for the clubs progress. The continued boos will not bode well with uefa as has been demonstrated. So it's not really supporting the efforts but the exact opposite.

Surely City are in crisis too!!  It'll be fascinating to see how this one plays out won't it!!!?

7 hours ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Who are the only British club to lose four CL games in a row? ?

City have lost five out of their last six i believe.  However the only one that has any relevance is the Lyon game and all that really happened was that City had an off day.  I love the drama making of some posters but theres nothing more of any note to say here.   

3 hours ago, carmine said:

City have lost five out of their last six i believe.  However the only one that has any relevance is the Lyon game and all that really happened was that City had an off day.  I love the drama making of some posters but theres nothing more of any note to say here.   

Absolutely. The one we lost before the 2 Liverpool games was 2-1 against Basel in which we had won the first leg 4-0. So a bit of "job done" and weakened side in that one. The 5th loss out of the 6 was against Shaktar in the Group stage, where we had already qualified having won the previous 5. So again a touch of nothing to play for mentality.

15 hours ago, BangrakBob said:

Issues with UEFA is not the reason for not seeing that stadium being filled.

I don't know why you find it difficult to believe that a portion (not all) of the fans hold a grudge against UEFA. After all, you lot are experts at holding grudges

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

I don't know why you find it difficult to believe that a portion (not all) of the fans hold a grudge against UEFA. After all, you lot are experts at holding grudges

I don't find it difficult to believe a portion of fans hold a grudge against UEFA, I just don't think it is the reason why 10,000 seats are empty and you'd have saved me from saying it again if you just quote my whole statement rather than a portion...again.

What grudge is that? 

32 minutes ago, BangrakBob said:

I don't find it difficult to believe a portion of fans hold a grudge against UEFA, I just don't think it is the reason why 10,000 seats are empty and you'd have saved me from saying it again if you just quote my whole statement rather than a portion...again.

What grudge is that? 

Bob, City FAN'S grudge over the years has been mentioned many times on this thread and in the media, in fact  i read an article on it just yesterday so a little search should be all it takes for you to find out the reasons (plural) why if you are interested.

As i know City's  attendance is so important to you all based on everybody's feigned  interest (sorry but it's  amusing to me) allow me to add a little to keep you posting on here for the next 24 hrs:

- Lyon brought 600 fans 

- Attendance i read was 40,111

- Attendance was 53,307 at the weekend against Fulham.

5 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Bob, City FAN'S grudge over the years has been mentioned many times on this thread and in the media, in fact  i read an article on it just yesterday so a little search should be all it takes for you to find out the reasons (plural) why if you are interested.

As i know City's  attendance is so important to you all based on everybody's feigned  interest (sorry but it's  amusing to me) allow me to add a little to keep you posting on here for the next 24 hrs:

- Lyon brought 600 fans 

- Attendance i read was 40,111

- Attendance was 53,307 at the weekend against Fulham.

READ jangles post before getting your grudges mixed up. 

Edited by BangrakBob