Manchester City

mrbojangles

7 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Boy......you lot far excel at any attempt I can muster. I don't know how long you lived in Liverpool before moving but when I lived there my eyes opened

I'm intrigued to hear more about the grudge Liverpool hold...do tell.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mrbojangles said:

Boy......you lot far excel at any attempt I can muster. I don't know how long you lived in Liverpool before moving but when I lived there my eyes opened

Long enough mate...then went downhill via London and ended up split between Rochdale (Hunters Rest! see Hilary Devey) and Lewisham. Couldn't go any lower so popped over here at 50.:thumbsup:

• Like 1

Just now, wilai said:

Long enough mate...then went downhill via London and ended up split between Rochdale (Hunters Rest! see Hilary Devey) and Lewisham. Couldn't go any lower so popped over here at 50.:thumbsup:

Lewisham lol....I lived in Lee for a bit but only ever walked up the hill. :laugh:

1 hour ago, BangrakBob said:

What grudge is that? 

A for instance is the way (not necessarily you) that Liverpool fans treated Raheem for simply wanting to move on. You can try and justify it to yourself by saying "well it was the way in which he left" yada, yada, yada but the truth is that Liverpool fans treatment of him was atrocious

grudge noun [ C ]

a strong feeling of anger and dislike for a person who you feel has treated you badly, especially one that lasts for a long time:

5 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

A for instance is the way (not necessarily you) that Liverpool fans treated Raheem for simply wanting to move on. You can try and justify it to yourself by saying "well it was the way in which he left" yada, yada, yada but the truth is that Liverpool fans treatment of him was atrocious

grudge noun [ C ]

a strong feeling of anger and dislike for a person who you feel has treated you badly, especially one that lasts for a long time:

oh that's what grudge means, thanks for enlightening me. My vocabulary is now expanded, I look forward to using it in a sentence.

4 minutes ago, wilai said:

Place called Syke. Hunters Rest was a decent B, B and evening meal. L/L gave me her son's room so had Sky etc on tap. Think it's closed now.

Don't know if you went to Bamford or not (near the Dog and Partrdige, Elephant and Castle) That's where my gaff is. Think I have one near Syke as well (near Rochdale Infirmary) or is that a different area, can't remember but those Nurses pay up on time every month ? 

56 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Don't know if you went to Bamford or not (near the Dog and Partrdige, Elephant and Castle) That's where my gaff is. Think I have one near Syke as well (near Rochdale Infirmary) or is that a different area, can't remember but those Nurses pay up on time every month ? 

HR was close to work and I was also busy selling a London gaff at the time so too busy to visit the 'Bright Lights' HR was a decent boozer and locals were friendly so 'stayed in' most of the time!

1 hour ago, mrbojangles said:

So even though you have read the definition you still don't understand the word.

Am I speaking another language or what? ?

I'm asking what these nasty fans did to Sterling, the "atrocious treatment" what was it?

5 minutes ago, BangrakBob said:

Am I speaking another language or what? ?

Dunno about you native tongue but I do suspect you are from another planet if you don't think the abuse Sterling got from your lot was OTT.

I also suspect that I disappointed you using the Sterling grudge as the example.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, jellydog said:

Aguero signs a contract extension through 2021.:clap2:

Finally some good news this week...

Aguero has extended his current deal with City by another year to 2021.

Having joined in 2011 from Atletico Madrid, the Blues’ all-time top scorer will have spent a decade with City when his new deal expires.

With 204 goals in 299 appearances [*146 goals in 211 Premier games], Kun is set to continue breaking Club and Premier League records.

He has the best minutes-to-goal ratio in Premier League history. He has scored 146 at an average of a goal every 108 minutes – better than Thierry Henry’s record of 121.8 minutes per goal.

He has nine Premier League hat tricks, two behind Alan Shearer, the record holder.

Shearer, the all-time leading Premier League scorer with 260, said recently: “He is the best foreign player to ever play in the Premier League - a great centre-forward with no weaknesses.”

Edited by Bredbury Blue
  • Like 1

Just now, RonniePickering22 said:

I'd place Cantona higher for his Man Utd matches....Ronaldo became one of the best in the world after leaving Man U.

I'm sorry but I take a question as its asked... The best foreign player to have played in the PL.

"the foreign player to have performed the best in the Premier League" taking into account longevity etc, is a different question.

1 minute ago, mrbojangles said:

Maybe, maybe not. He didn't and we won't ever know. Real Madrid deserve the plaudits for making him the player he became

It doesn't matter how long he stayed. He played in the Premier League, and is the best player to do so.

Just now, mrbojangles said:

Maybe, maybe not. He didn't and we won't ever know. Real Madrid deserve the plaudits for making him the player he became

Disagree entirely he would have got there with or without them. Aguero the best foreign player ever is ridiculous. 

10 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

You know what I mean. If he had phrased what he said differently, it might have been true.

And you know what Shearer meant. Ronaldo may not have won all those Ballon's had he stayed at United, well never know. The fact is, he didn't stay and therefore didn't become the Prems all time top scorer etc. He left having only scored about 80 or 90 goals didn't he?

1 minute ago, Rc2702 said:

Disagree entirely he would have got there with or without them. Aguero the best foreign player ever is ridiculous. 

Disagree entirely. The Prem is too strong and tough for a cry baby like him, which is probably why he left. Anyway, I'll take Shearers view over yours all day long