Manchester City

mrbojangles

"Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger has criticised Roberto Mancini after the Manchester City boss said he was hopeful of signing midfielder Samir Nasri by the end of the month."

I'm no apologist for our whinging mangenger but I think he is right on this occasion. Managers should speak with their chequebooks in the transfer market, not with their mouths. The Beeb article goes on to reveal that Mancini doesn't even know whether Man City have made any bid!

Put up or shut up please Mancini. SAF wants him equally badly but is showing far more class with the media.

Mancini has already answered this and he say he didn't say anything of the sort.

From the Guardian:-

Roberto Mancini has protested his innocence in the row with Arsène Wenger over Samir Nasri despite Manchester City's attempts to lure the midfielder from Arsenal.

The Manchester City manager, who is now prepared to sell Carlos Tevez to Corinthians providing the Brazilian club increase their £39m offer for the captain, provoked a furious response from his Arsenal counterpart at the weekend with the admission that he hoped to sign Nasri "by the end of the month".

Both Manchester clubs are keen on the France international and City would double Nasri's salary should Arsenal sanction a transfer in excess of £20m.

Wenger accused Mancini of lacking respect and of breaking "the basic rules of football" by publicly confirming his interest in Nasri, who, the Arsenal manager insists, will honour the final 12 months of his existing contract.

Mancini, however, who admitted in the same interview that Sergio Agüero of Atlético Madrid would make an ideal replacement for Tevez, claims he gave Wenger no cause for his outburst.

"I said only that Nasri, Agüero are two good players and I said also that Nasri is under contract with Arsenal," said the City manager. "I don't know why he's upset. Because the question was about some good players, I say it like this. I said also that Nasri is under contract with Arsenal and it's difficult. Only this."

"Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger has criticised Roberto Mancini after the Manchester City boss said he was hopeful of signing midfielder Samir Nasri by the end of the month."

I'm no apologist for our whinging mangenger but I think he is right on this occasion. Managers should speak with their chequebooks in the transfer market, not with their mouths. The Beeb article goes on to reveal that Mancini doesn't even know whether Man City have made any bid!

Put up or shut up please Mancini. SAF wants him equally badly but is showing far more class with the media.

Mancini has already answered this and he say he didn't say anything of the sort.

From the Guardian:-

Roberto Mancini has protested his innocence in the row with Arsène Wenger over Samir Nasri despite Manchester City's attempts to lure the midfielder from Arsenal.

The Manchester City manager, who is now prepared to sell Carlos Tevez to Corinthians providing the Brazilian club increase their £39m offer for the captain, provoked a furious response from his Arsenal counterpart at the weekend with the admission that he hoped to sign Nasri "by the end of the month".

Both Manchester clubs are keen on the France international and City would double Nasri's salary should Arsenal sanction a transfer in excess of £20m.

Wenger accused Mancini of lacking respect and of breaking "the basic rules of football" by publicly confirming his interest in Nasri, who, the Arsenal manager insists, will honour the final 12 months of his existing contract.

Mancini, however, who admitted in the same interview that Sergio Agüero of Atlético Madrid would make an ideal replacement for Tevez, claims he gave Wenger no cause for his outburst.

"I said only that Nasri, Agüero are two good players and I said also that Nasri is under contract with Arsenal," said the City manager. "I don't know why he's upset. Because the question was about some good players, I say it like this. I said also that Nasri is under contract with Arsenal and it's difficult. Only this."

You remind me so much Devil, I thought I was in the LP thread. ;)

Was this proposed by the same person that designed the Tardis?

1 football pitch is roughly 1.75 acres, so how is it possible to fit all of that into 5.5 acres ?

Sorry delboy, the article got a few points mixed up. The actual site for developing is 80 acres and the 5.5acres is to be put to use for the community and led by the Council.

I don't know of any other clubs who are going out of their way as much as City are. Some other points of how it will affect the Economy and Environment:-

The Club’s proposals would build on the legacy of the Commonwealth Games in this priority area of the UK in terms of regeneration needs.

Around 160 construction jobs would be created during the project, 70% of them for local people. Permanent employment at a range of levels for up to 90 people is also likely with up to 80% of positions being made available for local residents.

The Club would source the majority of materials, equipment and services for the construction and operation of the site from local companies, as it did in 2009 when 92% of the cost of the development of its administrative offices was spent within ten miles of the Etihad Stadium.

In addition to remediating up to 80 acres of land which in itself will improve the local environment, the Club would plant several hundred new trees and almost a mile of yew and beech hedging around the perimeter of the site which would further enhance the area.

The centre would reach the highest possible environmental standards with low carbon, low water and low waste measures being employed to minimise impact on the environment and encourage local bio diversity.

1 football pitch is roughly 1.75 acres, so how is it possible to fit all of that into 5.5 acres ?

Sorry delboy, the article got a few points mixed up. The actual site for developing is 80 acres and the 5.5acres is to be put to use for the community and led by the Council.

I don't know of any other clubs who are going out of their way as much as City are. Some other points of how it will affect the Economy and Environment:-

The Club's proposals would build on the legacy of the Commonwealth Games in this priority area of the UK in terms of regeneration needs.

Around 160 construction jobs would be created during the project, 70% of them for local people. Permanent employment at a range of levels for up to 90 people is also likely with up to 80% of positions being made available for local residents.

The Club would source the majority of materials, equipment and services for the construction and operation of the site from local companies, as it did in 2009 when 92% of the cost of the development of its administrative offices was spent within ten miles of the Etihad Stadium.

In addition to remediating up to 80 acres of land which in itself will improve the local environment, the Club would plant several hundred new trees and almost a mile of yew and beech hedging around the perimeter of the site which would further enhance the area.

The centre would reach the highest possible environmental standards with low carbon, low water and low waste measures being employed to minimise impact on the environment and encourage local bio diversity.

"they have got more pitches than anyone"

cos

Citd are a MASSIVE CLUB"

The Club's proposals would build on the legacy of the Commonwealth Games in this priority area of the UK in terms of regeneration needs.

Is this press release a joke or what?

Mr Cock again ..............Bio deversity,,,,,,where? in farkin Beswick!

Is this press release a joke or what?

Mr Cock again ..............Bio deversity,,,,,,where? in farkin Beswick!

Jobs for local people? There's going to be a lot of unhappy local spongers then.....I always thought if ya worked there ya lived in South Manchester. Only a muppet would choose to stay out East....

Mind you they are planting trees.....have they consulted the forestry commission? Do trees grow in places like that?? biggrin.gif

At the end of the day the locals are getting <deleted> all.

Come on then smart ar5e. What have the RAGS done for the community? In the current economic climate, do you not think that buying as much as possible from local businesses and creating jobs for the locals, no matter what the number is a good thing. Your a muppet man.

Mind you they are planting trees.....have they consulted the forestry commission? Do trees grow in places like that??

That's why it's called regeneration. The area will become a beautiful scenic place to be in Manchester. Unlike the Rags, they will always be in an Industrial Trading estate outside Manchester. :D

Mind you they are planting trees.....have they consulted the forestry commission? Do trees grow in places like that??

That's why it's called regeneration. The area will become a beautiful scenic place to be in Manchester. Unlike the Rags, they will always be in an Industrial Trading estate outside Manchester. :D

Been seen and done. No arguments! laugh.gif

Thanks Gonzo laugh.gif

"The area will become a beautiful scenic place to be in Manchester." biggrin.gif

Here is quite a long but I think balanced view of the Manchester City deal and its relevance to FFP

http://swissramble.blogspot.com/2011/07/manchester-citys-incredible-deal-know.html

Good read albeit as you say, quite long. Cheers Abrak.

I know you were one of thos who cried "foul" when it was first announced but have you changed your mind now on reading the article?

Quite a good summary:-

"There may be a whiff of creative accounting around this incredible deal, but there’s also genuine substance and benefit to the community. City’s commercial growth might have been fuelled by money from companies that are at the very least “friendly” towards their owner, but when the deals are broken down the sums are not inordinately high, so are more or less in line with benchmarks.

Furthermore, the proceeds will be invested in a state-of-the-art academy with the objective of producing homegrown young players who will ultimately replace the imported “mercenaries”. It’s a well-considered plan that seems to me to be within both the letter and to a large extent the spirit of FFP."

Here is quite a long but I think balanced view of the Manchester City deal and its relevance to FFP

http://swissramble.blogspot.com/2011/07/manchester-citys-incredible-deal-know.html

Good read albeit as you say, quite long. Cheers Abrak.

I know you were one of thos who cried "foul" when it was first announced but have you changed your mind now on reading the article?

Quite a good summary:-

"There may be a whiff of creative accounting around this incredible deal, but there’s also genuine substance and benefit to the community. City’s commercial growth might have been fuelled by money from companies that are at the very least “friendly” towards their owner, but when the deals are broken down the sums are not inordinately high, so are more or less in line with benchmarks.

Furthermore, the proceeds will be invested in a state-of-the-art academy with the objective of producing homegrown young players who will ultimately replace the imported “mercenaries”. It’s a well-considered plan that seems to me to be within both the letter and to a large extent the spirit of FFP."

Not really. I cried 'foul' because it was a 'connected transaction' and therefore should be investigated. I even implied at the time that I thought the transaction would pass investigation. What the article shows is that if UEFA choose to investigate the transaction they will be hard pressed to show that it was not done at 'fair value' and within the rules of FFP.

Homegrown talent is a bit vague these days with players joining academies from all over the world but for sure City have a decent record with youth players in recent years so wait and see.

Was surprised not to see a more multi purpose sports centre for the local community there....maybe I missed that one....not everyone is football mad but perhaps the council leaders are holidaying well this year....

Edited by smokie36

Homegrown talent is a bit vague these days with players joining academies from all over the world but for sure City have a decent record with youth players in recent years so wait and see.

Was surprised not to see a more multi purpose sports centre for the local community there....maybe I missed that one....not everyone is football mad but perhaps the council leaders are holidaying well this year....

Smokie I believe that the difference between Chelsea which was an individual who wanted the best team in the premier league and Abu Dhabi who were determined to create the best team in the premier league given 'maximum money and professional advice' is quite different. Man City is a professional organization who have unlimited resources perusing an end goal. Those who say they cannot achieve it because of 'x' must assume assume they are not clever enough to take 'x' into account.

I personally doubt you can beat Man U on a consistent basis but I think you will establish yourselves well within the top 4.

" It’s a well-considered plan that seems to me to be within both the letter and to a large extent the spirit of FFP."

Not really. I cried 'foul' because it was a 'connected transaction' and therefore should be investigated. I even implied at the time that I thought the transaction would pass investigation. What the article shows is that if UEFA choose to investigate the transaction they will be hard pressed to show that it was not done at 'fair value' and within the rules of FFP.

You said it was a balanced view and the summary says it seems to be within the letter and to a large extent the spirit of FFP. As the article says, clubs have been doing commercial deals for years and they are getting bigger and bigger. UEFA will do their investigation but I suppose whatever their outcome, some people will not be satisfied because it's not their club who have the money. Oh well.

http://swissramble.b...-deal-know.html

" It's a well-considered plan that seems to me to be within both the letter and to a large extent the spirit of FFP."

You said it was a balanced view and the summary says it seems to be within the letter and to a large extent the spirit of FFP. As the article says, clubs have been doing commercial deals for years and they are getting bigger and bigger. UEFA will do their investigation but I suppose whatever their outcome, some people will not be satisfied because it's not their club who have the money. Oh well.

On the contrart I think its overall a decent plan. I jsut think more thought could have gone into inproving sporting facilities for the locals not so much by the club themselves but the local authorities who should have pushed a bit harder in my view. No its a great deal for City no doubt about that!

wink.gif

Absolutely. That is the point of the article. Whether you like it or not those payments are well within the parameters of which that have been paid before. So I do wish for an investigation on the basis that it is a connected transaction but I do not think there is any evidence that it is not a deal settled at a non-commercial value.

Manchester City's Brazilian striker Jo has left Eastlands to sign for Internacional in his homeland.

Seems City have had a stroke of very good luck before the season starts.

He was under consideration by me in the biggest flop to grace the PL thread.wink.gif

Manchester City's Brazilian striker Jo has left Eastlands to sign for Internacional in his homeland.

Seems City have had a stroke of very good luck before the season starts.

He was under consideration by me in the biggest flop to grace the PL thread.wink.gif

He certainly does belong in there. Please reconsider and put him in. :D

I was rather anti the original article posted about this deal because it essentially said that if the deal laundered vast sums to City so they they could take advantage of the FFP they should not be investigated. And in fact the whole concept of FFP was redundant and you might as well let all teams spend as much as they like (which is fine by me).

In my view if you are going to set parameters for FFP then deals that involve brother in laws giving sponsorship should be investigated. However monies going towards building of a stadium or youth development are specifically excluded from FFP (so that the large youth development centre is a key benefit for the City) and it is very difficult to prove that Etihad is sponsoring a company against its own best interests. So rather than arguing (as the original article did) that 'UEFA should not get involved', I do believe they should investigate and I do believe the deal will be given a clean bill of health. If other clubs do not like it at least they know where they stand.

So the monkeys in kilts next season,tartan scarves/kaftans an all laugh.gif i can really see this taking off for the Stockport massive! whistling.gif

Have City registered it? or the guy who designed it......