Manchester City

mrbojangles

they don't care Mr B....remember they have Bebe waiting in the wings!clap2.gif

You forgetting the then British transfer record signing of a Mr Steve Daley from Wolves-City ruined him cheesy.gif

Well lets not forget Gary Birtles shall we. Another big money Utd flop.thumbsup.gif

They still have it every year i think although now it is billed as "summer in the park" really enjoyed going out round teh area and ending up in Withington village or hi-so tongue.png Didsbury village.

The doves played a free acoustic set there in 2002/03...I was in a haze of green, great memories

they don't care Mr B....remember they have Bebe waiting in the wings!clap2.gif

You forgetting the then British transfer record signing of a Mr Steve Daley from Wolves-City ruined him cheesy.gif

In the late nineties, I was real friendly with Malcolm Allison. I used to share many a bottle of good wine with him in Yarm.

He told me the REAL story of Steve Daley.wink.png

Suffice to say, Peter Swales was a crook, allegedly, and City ended up paying 1 million for a player that was offered to City for 600,000, but Allison felt he was only worth 300,000.

Fill in the gaps yourselfwink.png

Back to Man City news: Now, that sterling manager of men, Mr. Mancini has opted to criticize Kompany in the media for his recent international duty with Belgium. Doesn't Mr. Mancini realize that City is not going to catch United ? (sorry to say, but the truth). City have enough malcontents and underperformers on the squad without the manager spouting off at one of the club stalwarts, not to mention captain. What's the strategy ? Keep some of the overpaid, underperforming clowns, and piss off Kompany and Yaya ?!huh.png

Wasn't he having a go at the Belgium manager rather than the player?

Both, from what I read today.

Yes i see what you mean.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/21970988

I fully understand why Mancini is angry, but surely the way to handle it would have been to have been more forceful with his views before it happened. He says that he spoke to both the manager and the player to try and stop the player playing, but in the end, they both ignored him. Sounds like Mancini has been messed around then, and he needs to ask himself why people think they can do that to him and get away with it. Perhaps it has something to do with having allowed himself to be walked over in the past by the likes of the Tevez's and the Balotelli's.

To be fair to Mancini, I dont think he has any say in it.

Isnt it in the rules that the player has to travel to the National team and be examined by THEIR doctors?

Its common sense that if a player hasnt played for more than 2 months, especially with a recurring injury, that you should take it easy with him. I think it was wrong that Kompany played for 90 minutes, and I lay the blame at the Belgium managers door, not Kompanys

Isnt it in the rules that the player has to travel to the National team and be examined by THEIR doctors?

Its common sense that if a player hasnt played for more than 2 months, especially with a recurring injury, that you should take it easy with him. I think it was wrong that Kompany played for 90 minutes, and I lay the blame at the Belgium managers door, not Kompanys

With regards Mancini having no say in it, you mentioned before about him respecting International Football unwritten law, and seemed to turn your nose up at SAF's lack of respect, but the thing is, "International Football" has not respected Mancini, and it hasn't respected SAF in the past, so i don't blame SAF for being a bit cunning and creative in dealing with it, and i wouldn't blame Mancini for doing likewise. The first crucial step is having players respect your opinion and think twice about ignoring it. I'm pretty sure that SAF had a word with Rio and told him to think very carefully about dashing off to play two games out of the blue what with his injury record, and for a manager who dropped him in favour of a turd and gossiped about him with random strangers on the tube, and Rio took heed.

Mancini spoke to Kompany. He didn't take heed. There's the difference.

I can't stand this. No disrespect to Everton but I really can't watch Stoke (unless I want to sleep). Can't believe Sky chose this as a prime time fixture. I think I'll watch Kramer Vs Kramer

Thinking the same....its a crap game for the evening kick off.

I can't stand this. No disrespect to Everton but I really can't watch Stoke (unless I want to sleep). Can't believe Sky chose this as a prime time fixture. I think I'll watch Kramer Vs Kramer

At least you have a proper pub to go to.

At least you have a proper pub to go to.

Will be Kramer vs Kramer if I go to the pub. laugh.png

• Like 1

To be fair Carms, I don't actually think driving whilst banned is an automatic custodial sentence, even for the average Joe. Albeit prison is the maximum punishment, I would think further bans and fines, community service etc would be more the norm. It all comes down to circumstance, i.e. did Tevez resist arrest, try to drive away etc.

Actually i forgot to say my friend was nicked for D&D whilst on a ban!! Served three months. Maybe that makes more sense. Don't know the full details about Terry Fenwick but he did two months!

Its possible to get a custodial sentence for Drinking and Driving. I have not known it for Driving whilst Disqualified, unless its a repeat offence.

With the brief he has, and the story/extenuating circumstances, that are bound to come out, he will be hit with a fine and MAYBE longer ban.

Carlos ended up getting a 1,000 pound fine, an extra 6 month ban and 250 hours community service.

To be fair Carms, I don't actually think driving whilst banned is an automatic custodial sentence, even for the average Joe. Albeit prison is the maximum punishment, I would think further bans and fines, community service etc would be more the norm. It all comes down to circumstance, i.e. did Tevez resist arrest, try to drive away etc.

Actually i forgot to say my friend was nicked for D&D whilst on a ban!! Served three months. Maybe that makes more sense. Don't know the full details about Terry Fenwick but he did two months!

Its possible to get a custodial sentence for Drinking and Driving. I have not known it for Driving whilst Disqualified, unless its a repeat offence.

With the brief he has, and the story/extenuating circumstances, that are bound to come out, he will be hit with a fine and MAYBE longer ban.

Carlos ended up getting a 1,000 pound fine, an extra 6 month ban and 250 hours community service.

It obviously helps being a footballer!

Carms. You obviously didn, t take no notice of our previous comments regarding punishments for driving whilst being banned . Oh well, I can, t be bothered going through it all again

Sent from my GT-N8000 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

With regards Mancini having no say in it, you mentioned before about him respecting International Football unwritten law, and seemed to turn your nose up at SAF's lack of respect, but the thing is, "International Football" has not respected Mancini, and it hasn't respected SAF in the past, so i don't blame SAF for being a bit cunning and creative in dealing with it, and i wouldn't blame Mancini for doing likewise. The first crucial step is having players respect your opinion and think twice about ignoring it. I'm pretty sure that SAF had a word with Rio and told him to think very carefully about dashing off to play two games out of the blue what with his injury record, and for a manager who dropped him in favour of a turd and gossiped about him with random strangers on the tube, and Rio took heed.

Not many seem to take notice of Mancini.

I heard Nasri made a beeline to the airport after he heard Mancini wanted to hit him.biggrin.png

You know, I think Mancini wears his heart on his sleeve, though at times his brain as well. He's a likeable guy. He's had great success at City. But when you are as unpredictable as he is with his players, given time, I believe respect does become an issue. it is less an issue when your club becomes champion for the first time in many decades. It can become more of an issue when expectations aren't met, and the blame game gets more focus and more intensity. My 2 cents.

• Like 1

Not at all!! It was an extremely harsh penalty.

He was never going to go to jail..... not on a first time offence, despite what the papers were trying to sensationalise.

The maximum fine allowed, I think is about 5k.... so 1k or 5k, same same when you are on the wages Tevez is on. But a fine is mandatory I believe. The 6 month ban extra is about average, but the 250 hours community service is way over the top!! Joey Barton got less for battering Dabo to a pulp a few years ago, and a Blackburn player got less than 100 hours for snotting somebody in Glasgow.

The fact he pleaded guilty and was already 1/3 of his way through the original ban would have been taken into consideration, therefore I think they are making an example of him, giving him 250 hours.

I heard Nasri made a beeline to the airport after he heard Mancini wanted to hit him.biggrin.png

You know, I think Mancini wears his heart on his sleeve, though at times his brain as well. He's a likeable guy. He's had great success at City. But when you are as unpredictable as he is with his players, given time, I believe respect does become an issue. it is less an issue when your club becomes champion for the first time in many decades. It can become more of an issue when expectations aren't met, and the blame game gets more focus and more intensity. My 2 cents.

The way Nasri has played this year, he deserves a good slap!!biggrin.png

• Like 2

He was never going to go to jail..... not on a first time offence, despite what the papers were trying to sensationalise.

The maximum fine allowed, I think is about 5k.... so 1k or 5k, same same when you are on the wages Tevez is on. But a fine is mandatory I believe. The 6 month ban extra is about average, but the 250 hours community service is way over the top!! Joey Barton got less for battering Dabo to a pulp a few years ago, and a Blackburn player got less than 100 hours for snotting somebody in Glasgow.

The fact he pleaded guilty and was already 1/3 of his way through the original ban would have been taken into consideration, therefore I think they are making an example of him, giving him 250 hours.

I thought 250 hours way excessive, thats usually what you get as opposed to a 6 month jail term.

But come on who doesn't smile at one of the Premier Leagues more demanding and pampered stars having to pick litter with the local scumbags.

So Toure set to earn 11 million quid a year on a four year deal, that is pretty much the same as his previous deal isn't it? So why the delay or apparent problems with negotiation? There must be some tasty rights and bonuses behind it.

How the hell are City going to pull off FFP?

So Toure set to earn 11 million quid a year on a four year deal, that is pretty much the same as his previous deal isn't it? So why the delay or apparent problems with negotiation? There must be some tasty rights and bonuses behind it.

How the hell are City going to pull off FFP?

I know one of the sticking points was that City didnt want to give him the contract he wanted unless, Yaya committed to not disappearing every 2 years on his African holiday.

The rest of the nonsense with his agent and the newspapers trying to create a drama out of nothing.

Dont worry, they will adhere to FPPthumbsup.gif

Be a good idea to teach these City stars how to drive i think!

Better still, how not to drivebiggrin.png , in view of our 2 latest disqualifications, 3 if you include the young kid.

Cant understand Nasri.... has the money to pay for the best lawyers. Doesnt go for Nick Freeman, or Citys own, Gwyn Lewis, but instead goes for a junior runner at Burton Copeland!! Noblaugh.png

First time offence? How can it be first time? He was caught driving whilst banned. How did he get banned without offending?

It's also pretty darn obvious that he has done a "Huhne" - committed perjury by claiming on prior speeding convictions to have not been driving the car. Might not be able to prove it, but come on, we all know its bullsh1t. Just like the business about ignoring all the fines because he didn't know what Constabulary meant. Perhaps the judge took all that nonsense into consideration.

First time offence? How can it be first time? He was caught driving whilst banned. How did he get banned without offending?

It's also pretty darn obvious that he has done a "Huhne" - committed perjury by claiming on prior speeding convictions to have not been driving the car. Might not be able to prove it, but come on, we all know its bullsh1t. Just like the business about ignoring all the fines because he didn't know what Constabulary meant. Perhaps the judge took all that nonsense into consideration.

I was wondering where the "1st time offence" comment came from aswell. mindyou, having been fined a whopping bag of sand i doubt he'll ever want to offend again...thats gotta hurt his wallet!!

I was wondering where the "1st time offence" comment came from aswell. mindyou, having been fined a whopping bag of sand i doubt he'll ever want to offend again...thats gotta hurt his wallet!!

Indeed.

And with regards the 250 hours of community service, i wonder what the courts will do if he simply leaves the country?

Indeed.

And with regards the 250 hours of community service, i wonder what the courts will do if he simply leaves the country?

To play golf perhaps? If this was the type of justioce handed out the the normal man in the street i'd suspect the whole country would ignore the road laws and take their chancesbiggrin.png

Indeed.

He will be Tevez the Thaksin.

Don't know about the courts, but I can see Mancini pleading for him not to be extradited back! biggrin.png