Manchester City

mrbojangles

that's not what I summarised from the article BB. It looks pretty serious if we fail to convince them.

Likewise myself, but you can bet all that will happen is a nice big fine.

Call me cynical, but the only way I expect sanctions to be imposed is if a certain Qatari sponsor offers to pay more than the fine they would give you

Edited by BangrakBob

Call me cynical,

I can ask Admin to change you to BangrakCynicalBob if you like biggrin.png

CynicalCyril has a nice ring to it or PessimisticPete...biggrin.png Bet there's a few Cyrils & Petes at the Emirates right now...

Edited by BangrakBob
  • Like 1

On a different note. Not happy with reports that City fans respected the tribute on Sunday but a mini van/coach with City fans got bricked and windows smashed by Liverpool supporters. Yes, it will be a minority but that won't be any comfort to those who were terrified inside.

according to mates who were at the match it wasn't bricked by liverpool supporters, was a bunch of local scalls just looking to cause trouble. there's been a bit of that around anfield this season and it tends to be worse when it's a manchester team in town.

I hate football

You sound like a Man Utd fan. whistling.gif

Give over Smokes we Man Utd supporters never complain - it's all about STABILITY at present as we are just behind you and playing Shitz !blink.png So what does that say about the Tots ??

More seriously how are your predictions going ,Man City win was my Banker w00t.gif

BT biggrin.png

Glad I missed that one. Seems the fat lady is clearing her throat. I suppose the lack of Yaya and Silva didn't help, but the Liverpool hangover must have been real.

Not swallowing that one.

When you have the Premiership at stake, with the quality of players we have, there is absolutely no excuses.

Those players bar the odd one were a disgrace to the shirt last night.

We will be finishing 3rd now, which is a digression on last year. We qualified for Europe ( from a weaker group) and won the Capital One Cup..... Gee Whizz!!

We have been far too inconsistent this year, with some abysmal performances, last nights being one of them.

There have been absolutely ZERO youngsters blooded this season. We are losing are longest serving player (Richards) as well as Lescot. Rodwell cant get a game so he may be off, as well as Sinclair, which leaves us 4 Englishmen short for next season.

I have sat on the fence all season with Pellegrini, but his results are no better than Mancinis and he was sacked!!!!

We are told City is now a 'happier' club with Pellegrini, well I for one am not happier.

I saw no passion last night... NONE.

Glad I missed that one. Seems the fat lady is clearing her throat. I suppose the lack of Yaya and Silva didn't help, but the Liverpool hangover must have been real.

Not swallowing that one.

When you have the Premiership at stake, with the quality of players we have, there is absolutely no excuses.

We will be finishing 3rd now, which is a digression on last year. We qualified for Europe ( from a weaker group) and won the Capital One Cup..... Gee Whizz!!

We have been far too inconsistent this year, with some abysmal performances, last nights being one of them.

There have been absolutely ZERO youngsters blooded this season. We are losing are longest serving player (Richards) as well as Lescot. Rodwell cant get a game so he may be off, as well as Sinclair, which leaves us 4 Englishmen short for next season.

I have sat on the fence all season with Pellegrini, but his results are no better than Mancinis and he was sacked!!!!

We are told City is now a 'happier' club with Pellegrini, well I for one am not happier.

A lot of City fans were adamant about Nasri and Dzeko being turfed out before the season started, but they weren't.

What's the City fans thinking on these two players now?

Just read this from Pellegrini...........................

Pellegrini admitted: ‘We couldn’t take the Liverpool game out of our minds. It was very difficult for the players to do that after three days. At this moment it is more mental than physical. Mentally it was very difficult to play this game after Liverpool. We needed more intensity but our minds maybe were not right to do it

My question is............... had the result been different at Liverpool, would Brendan Rodgers have allowed the Liverpool players to be tired mentally??? Would Steven Gerard?
Would Mourinho have allowed the Chelsea players the excuse of being 'mentally exhausted'?
This, unfortunately is coming from a manager who is simply inexperienced with the English mentality, inexperienced in the Premier League and I do not believe has it in him to give the player a rocket when they need it or build them back up when they are down.
Excuses, excuses, excuses..... thats all I hear.
This year of all years was the year that we should have won it. Liverpool and Chelsea were a year away from their best, United about 10.... and we have screwed it up big time.

Not swallowing that one.

A lot of City fans were adamant about Nasri and Dzeko being turfed out before the season started, but they weren't.

I think on here we have been adamant all year that Dzeko isnt good enough.

Nasri is more annoying. He IS good enough but only plays when he feels like it. He was absolutely cr@p last night.

I would get rid of both.

Not swallowing that one.

Dzeko wastes too many chances and I would be happy to see him go, as long as City have some decent strikers in reserve. He is maddening. Nasri has been hot and cold but much better than last year. I'm ambivalent about his staying. The "good" Nasri is a big help, the "bad" Nasri is useless.

I do hope Milner stays. There has been some talk he might leave. I think that would be unfortunate.

If it's any consolation I don't think Liverpool or Chelsea think City are out of it.

I hear Jack's points about Manuel loud and clear though.

But that's City business not mine.

tbh as a chav i think when it comes to a battle between Mourinho and Pellegrini, Mourinho has the edge. Previous history in Europe. But I'm biased.

Silva and Toure missing at this point are big issues surely, even for a squad with the strength and depth of City?

Having said all that, I don't see any players in the Chelsea first 11 that are as doubted in the same way that Dzeko and Nasri are.

Just trying to be objective, no spin.

P45

highest-paid sports team in the world.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/27046221

Top 10 clubs paying average wage per player
  • Manchester City (PL) £5.337m
  • NY Yankees (MLB) £5.286m
  • LA Dodgers (MLB) £5.119m
  • Real Madrid (La Liga) £4.993m
  • Barcelona (La Liga) £4.901m
  • Brooklyn Nets (NBA) £4.485m
  • Bayern Munich (Bundesliga) £4.402m
  • Manchester United (PL) £4.322m
  • Chicago Bulls (NBA) £3.985m
  • Chelsea (PL) £3.984m

• Chelsea (PL) £3.984m

Interesting.

Looks like United take the bangs for bucks biscuit.facepalm.gif

Where is Liverpool on the scale?

How would the present Liverpool squad fare in the CL I wonder?

• Chelsea (PL) £3.984m
Interesting.

Looks like United take the bangs for bucks biscuit.facepalm.gif

And if temperatures were shown to have fallen over the last six months, would that prove that global warming was not happening? Look at a small enough snapshot, and you can prove almost anything you like. Open the window up a bit, look at the bigger picture, and things take on a very different shape. Take on board the last three years, the last five years, the last ten years, twenty years, and who then has the best return, or bangs for bucks? Money spent versus trophies won.

• Chelsea (PL) £3.984m

Man Utd are only in that top 10 cos of Wayne Rooney's wages! biggrin.png

• Like 1

Ah Sir Rixalot appears.

Current wage bill v current/projected success at same level of spend?

wink.png

P45 MustHang disappears?

Current success? For Chelsea? What's that then? What have you won this season?

Projected success? Stuff you haven't won but think you will. Your project trophy cabinet. Ah ok. You should have warned me we were getting down to the nitty-gritty, hard and fast, pure factual stats. Can't argue with all your projected trophies.