Manchester City

mrbojangles

Wonderful 2-0 away victory.clap2.gif

Best performance I've seen from Vinnie in a long, long time. Great to see.

Silva again magnificent.

Kolarov threaded the needle.

What a pass from Yaya for Nasri and what a finish. Sweet.

Silva again magnificent.

Ahh shut up you big poof. ;)

Hows that defence doing JD?thumbsup.gif

Looking good Jack ! Tremendous Vinnie today. Vintage performance from years ago. The most self assured I've seen him in a long time. Mangala looks much more comfortable than last season. Now with Otamendi we are deep at CB. Poor Demi will have a tough time getting any work in.

Did you like that pass from Yaya to Nasri and the finish ?thumbsup.gif

Silva again magnificent.

Ahh shut up you big poof. wink.png

Sheep fornicator.gigglem.gif

And, apropos of very little, have you seen "Under the Skin", Scarlett's movie shot in Sweaty Land ?

Edited by jellydog
  • Like 1

Looking good Jack ! Tremendous Vinnie today. Vintage performance from years ago. The most self assured I've seen him in a long time. Mangala looks much more comfortable than last season. Now with Otamendi we are deep at CB. Poor Demi will have a tough time getting any work in.

Defence looking pretty solid at the moment eh and not conceded so far. Happy with that. Think just Man United and Liverpool have also yet to concede

Defence looking pretty solid at the moment eh and not conceded so far. Happy with that. Think just Man United and Liverpool have also yet to concede

Difference is though, mate , United are about as exciting as watching paint drylaugh.png

We are performing at both ends, as well as being pleasant on the eye.clap2.gif

Difference is though, mate , United are about as exciting as watching paint drylaugh.png

Didn't think I needed to mention the United bit jack laugh.png

What do you reckon to Sterling thus far? I'm impressed the way he has just slotted in and given that extra pace. I also think it has helped Silva's game. Navas is also improving, particularly with his crosses.

The most impressive thing is that these have been all round team performances (which never happened last season), Silva's playing on a higher level to the rest, but everybody is putting a performance in. Kolorov and Sagna are playing better than we've seen before, Kompany and Mangala are dominating and playing like partners. If I was being picky, I wasn't greatly impressed by Bony's performance at WBA, while Sterling is doing alright but no more than 7s out of 10s (if he gets a goal that'll settle him). All very impressive and we've been a joy to watch.

As I'm typing this I'm watching Fulham 1 v 4 City from 2010/11 on CTH. You can see that were just a player or two (Aguero and Nasri) from a very decent team. Team was: hart..zaba..kompany..kolo..Kolorov. yaya..dejong..barry..silva..tevez..jo (1st appearance for 2 years)...scorers tevez 2..zaba n yaya. Finished 3rd that season.

Didn't think I needed to mention the United bit jack laugh.png

What do you reckon to Sterling thus far? I'm impressed the way he has just slotted in and given that extra pace. I also think it has helped Silva's game. Navas is also improving, particularly with his crosses.

I have been pleasantly surprised with Sterling, how he has fitted in so quickly.

Still not convinced with Navas. Doesnt do enough for me. Stop, Start, Stop. Doesnt get past his man enough, still think his crosses leave a lot to be desired. But De Bruyne on his way? Upgrade for sure.

Funny how people see things diferently, i was thinking sterling

Looked slightly stifled being restricted to playing just down the left hand side.

rijit

It is indeed funny how people see things differently, I didn't think Sterling looked stifled playing left side in the any of the 3 games this season but I did think he met his match in Coleman and he does tend to look to offload a little too often to Silva in particular when I think City expect him to have a go solo a bit more.

Funny how people see things diferently, i was thinking sterling

Looked slightly stifled being restricted to playing just down the left hand side.

rijit

It is indeed funny how people see things differently, I didn't think Sterling looked stifled playing left side in the any of the 3 games this season but I did think he met his match in Coleman and he does tend to look to offload a little too often to Silva in particular when I think City expect him to have a go solo a bit more.
What you on about of course he will give the ball to Silva he is your play maker, and then you say be more greedy, next you will be on here saying he holds on to the ball to much.

You are winning I think as you are not change anything, I bet your manager didn't tell him he passes to much to Silva

Edited by nev

Nice touch by City and Aguero.

Following Dzecko's departure and Aguero taking up the number 10 shirt, fans who bought Kun Aguero 16 shirts are being offered either to send in their shirt and Aguero will sign it or they can choose to swap it for the new Kun Aguero 10 shirt. Personally, I'd opt for the signed one.

• Like 1

Nice touch by City and Aguero.

Following Dzecko's departure and Aguero taking up the number 10 shirt, fans who bought Kun Aguero 16 shirts are being offered either to send in their shirt and Aguero will sign it or they can choose to swap it for the new Kun Aguero 10 shirt. Personally, I'd opt for the signed one.

That will be some signing of shirts ...how long has he had the number 16 shirt or is it the new kit only?

E-bay here we go.

D - Juventus, Man City, Sevilla, Mönchengladbach.

Telegraph:

Done!

The draw is done and the groups have been decided. I'd say Man City have the most difficult group to try and escape out of the English clubs. Arsenal will find Bayern a really tough opponent but should be able to get wins at both the Croatian and Greek champions' grounds.Man Utd's group is about as difficult as they make it - none of those teams are particularly scary but you can just imagine it being full of shock draws.Chelsea shouldn't find their group especially difficult.