Manchester City

mrbojangles

So happy this morning!!!

This is the one I have been hoping for all along!!

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11679/9969854/wolfsburg-confirm-kevin-de-bruyne-will-join-manchester-city

Just watching some youtube highlights and like what I see: fast, direct, 2 footed with great vision. They're all writing that if we get him then Navas' place is under threat but he's one of Pelle's players and I reckon it's Nasri who is under threat. If we'd got de Bruyne weeks ago I wouldn't have been surprised to see Nasri in the shopwindow or offski.

So you've paid 50m for him not to be a regular starter ?

Sorry, if i didn't make my point clearly. IF we get dB then yes dB will be first choice. He will take Navas place wide right and maybe deputise for Silva in the middle. I see dB coming as a threat to Nasri more than Navas as the latter is a Pelle favourite and a teamplayer, the former isn't - Pelle has abandoned 442 and now wants fast direct wide men who will also cover their fullback and that's not Nasri. I reckon we bought Nasri as a Silva alternative/deputy but he doesn't have it in him; he's better when he plays with Silva. Nasri I reckon won't be with us next August - could be wrong.

We've seen this game so may times haven't we, City vs Parked Bus. Navas deserves to get hooked. Aguero still on his shoot don't pass campaign. Happy with Sterling the most from the forwards. MOM so far Fernandinho. ..he's every where. Looks like (hopefully) City have learnt from last season and their NOT throwing everybody forward and get caught on the counter (Stoke H last season).

Ten in a row. Another clean sheet. Our supposed opposition for the title struggling.

Continued wonderful performances from Sagna and Fernandinho. Silva is Silva. Sterling fitting in. Mangala and Vinnie looking strong. An off game from Aguero and it doesn't matter.

Its early, but so far so very good.clap2.gif

Credit to Pellegrini for changing it at half time (he never used to do that). Navas was poor, there was no link play with Sagna, players were sticking rigidly to positions, makes the change of Nasri for Navas, Navas goes left, Silva goes right, Sterling in the hole and we came alive. Silva was Silva. Sterling was excellent and deserved a goal. Dinho deserved his goal and MOM. Sagna's defending and his block was excellent. ..zaba you've got a challenge at last. Loving it.

Did you see it. 79th minute. A rarity. Nasri slide tackle. Yes a Nasri slide tackle. ..clearly wants to be part of this team...well done Sami.

Agree with both BB and Jelly's assessment of the game. I too was happy when Navas got swapped at half time. As for Aguero, well it's his job to score, it's in his blood and he hasn't been firing on all cylinders so he's probably getting a bit desperate so score, so I'll forgive him for having an off day.

Really happy with how the defence is shaping up. 4 clean sheets whilst still playing attacking football.

• Like 1

Agree with both BB and Jelly's assessment of the game. I too was happy when Navas got swapped at half time. As for Aguero, well it's his job to score, it's in his blood and he hasn't been firing on all cylinders so he's probably getting a bit desperate so score, so I'll forgive him for having an off day.

Really happy with how the defence is shaping up. 4 clean sheets whilst still playing attacking football.

Agreed about Aguero MrB. He's likely frustrated that a few goal opportunities have been snuffed out lately by some good saves. His goals will come. He's better off letting them come to him in the box rather than trying to sprint from 50 yards away a la Messi.

Messi couldn't cut it the premier league why do you think he has never moved....Ronaldo has done it.

I read...we can't afford him and aren't a big enough club any more anyway.

Nice assessment hey? biggrin.png

Ha!

Good try.

Messi couldn't cut it the premier league why do you think he has never moved....Ronaldo has done it.

In the words of the great John McEnroe "You cannot be serious!"

I am serious the Premier League would be a totally different game for him,time and space that he gets in Spain are not available here,no way would he score the same amount of goals here ....would love to see him prove me wrong but he hasn't got the bottle to move and try it anyway.

Ronaldo has at least done it and Suarez for that matter.

What, no (negative) de Bruyne and/or money comments?

See Manu were going to buy Neymar, now Charlie Austin. WHAT!

tyTc1Nl.jpg

Like it, from the new and deeply profound Chiccy.

Some normal regular guy seems to have taken over Chic's avatar. The original must be raving and strap-suited in some Saudi jail.

In the words of the great John McEnroe "You cannot be serious!"

I am serious the Premier League would be a totally different game for him,time and space that he gets in Spain are not available here,no way would he score the same amount of goals here ....would love to see him prove me wrong but he hasn't got the bottle to move and try it anyway.

Ronaldo has at least done it and Suarez for that matter.

I repeat "You cannot be serious!". If you can't watch Messi and see he's a footballing genius and he could do it anywhere, then seriously there's no hope for you...He's THE most gifted player of this generation. Fact.

Jose Angel Pozo has joined Unión Deportiva Almería on a permanent deal. Pozo joined City from Real Madrid in 2012 aged 15 and his form at EDS level won him a place in the first-team in September 2014 as the Blues took on Sheffield Wednesday.The Malaga-born teenager made an instant impact, scoring an 88th-minute goal in a 7-0 victory and the following December, Pozo made his full Premier League debut in the 1-0 win at Leicester City after Edin Dzeko picked up an injury in the pre-match warm-up.In total, Pozo played four senior games for the Blues and he will now continue his career with Segunda Division side Almeria.Everybody as Manchester City wishes Jose the very best in his future career.