Manchester City

mrbojangles

What, no (negative) de Bruyne and/or money comments?

See Manu were going to buy Neymar, now Charlie Austin. WHAT!

tyTc1Nl.jpg

Like it, from the new and deeply profound Chiccy.

Some normal regular guy seems to have taken over Chic's avatar. The original must be raving and strap-suited in some Saudi jail.

Yes, over your head as well, no surprise.

rolleyes.gif

Messi couldn't cut it the premier league why do you think he has never moved....Ronaldo has done it.

In the words of the great John McEnroe "You cannot be serious!"

I am serious the Premier League would be a totally different game for him,time and space that he gets in Spain are not available here,no way would he score the same amount of goals here ....would love to see him prove me wrong but he hasn't got the bottle to move and try it anyway.

Ronaldo has at least done it and Suarez for that matter.

Why would Messi want to leave the best league in the world to "prove" himself in the EPL ?

Messi couldn't cut it the premier league why do you think he has never moved....Ronaldo has done it.

I am serious the Premier League would be a totally different game for him,time and space that he gets in Spain are not available here,no way would he score the same amount of goals here ....would love to see him prove me wrong but he hasn't got the bottle to move and try it anyway.

Why would Messi want to leave the best league in the world to "prove" himself in the EPL ?

1399421621004.jpg

1399421621004.jpg

Would have been more apt if you got your facts right as to who our true benefactor is!!rolleyes.gif

I would have thought living where you do, you would have known one Arab from another, especially one as knowledgeable about football as you claim to be!!!!whistling.gif

Whats Al Fahim, got to do with the ownership/bankrolling/blah blah blah of Man City?

He was a small bit player in the original 2008 takeover. I think he may have actually been our co chairman for about 3 weeks!!

Our true benefactor is Sheikh Mansour............article-1305543-0AE47773000005DC-269_468

But of course you already knew that..... right!!thumbsup.gif

Waaaaay too early to start getting giddy BB

Maybe so, but if the stats I provided last season regarding money and wages spent in a season vs title winner in said season, it is most likely that City will win the league with most money spent in the summer.

Maybe so, but if the stats I provided last season regarding money and wages spent in a season vs title winner in said season, it is most likely that City will win the league with most money spent in the summer.

Can't remember the post Bob but I thought Man United spent the most last year.

• Like 1

post-19652-0-95244300-1441163668_thumb.j

This whole transfer window concept needs looking at, revising and have conformity across europe. It's rubbish that the first 2 weeks off the season happen with the window open, that different countries have different deadline dates (most of europe is 31st Aug, England 1st Sept 6pm, Scotland 1st Sept midnight, Portugal 22nd Sept). It would be better if all countries had the same deadline date/time which is a date before the League seasons start. Agree or disagree?

This whole transfer window concept needs looking at, revising and have conformity across europe. It's rubbish that the first 2 weeks off the season happen with the window open, that different countries have different deadline dates (most of europe is 31st Aug, England 1st Sept 6pm, Scotland 1st Sept midnight, Portugal 22nd Sept). It would be better if all countries had the same deadline date/time which is a date before the League seasons start. Agree or disagree?

Agreed. Personally, I think you should have to submit your squad before your individual countries season starts and that should be it until the xmas window.

attachicon.giftransfer-number.jpeg

Surprised BB didn't remember as we had a good chat about it. I'm not saying you are buying the league, just that there is a direct correlation between spending on transfers and salaries. It's not a perfect science, United totally overhauling with a new manager related to that spend, it is not always correct.

To refresh your memories look the title zones in these graphs (can't find the original post).

post-102811-0-37084600-1441175578_thumb.

post-102811-0-91660700-1441175592_thumb.

3 teams spending the most money, City, Chelsea and United sharing title honours for the past 10 years.

And because you couldn't be bothered to open the link, you have gone off at one of your tangents.

You should know by now BJ!!!!!!

Chicog knows it all!! Why would he need to open a linkwhistling.gif

I read it but it's <deleted> and it tries to cover up the fact that Arab billionaires are totally distorting the transfer market.

You lot are always trying to justify the antics of your rich playboy, you bunch of jokers.

cheesy.gif

And because you couldn't be bothered to open the link, you have gone off at one of your tangents.

Chicog knows it all!! Why would he need to open a linkwhistling.gif

I read it but it's <deleted> and it tries to cover up the fact that Arab billionaires are totally distorting the transfer market.

You lot are always trying to justify the antics of your rich playboy, you bunch of jokers.

cheesy.gif

To be fair the Glazers just upped that anti on an unproven spotty kid.

Surprised BB didn't remember as we had a good chat about it. I'm not saying you are buying the league, just that there is a direct correlation between spending on transfers and salaries. It's not a perfect science, United totally overhauling with a new manager related to that spend, it is not always correct.

To refresh your memories look the title zones in these graphs (can't find the original post).

attachicon.gifXIs.jpg

attachicon.gifsquad.jpg

3 teams spending the most money, City, Chelsea and United sharing title honours for the past 10 years.

No response?....."lousy set o' bastads" tongue.png

Uefa's complex formula for squad composition means City can submit 17 foreign stars, four 'home-grown' - Joe Hart, Raheem Sterling, Gael Clichy and Fabian Delph and an unlimited number of under-21 players.

SQUAD

Hart, Caballero, Sagna, Zabaleta, Clichy, Kolarov, Kompany, Mangala, Demichelis, Otamendi, Fernandinho, Fernando, De Bruyne, Toure, Delph, Nasri, Silva, Navas, Sterling, Aguero, Bony plus unlimited under-21 players who have been at the club for at least two years

attachicon.gifXIs.jpg

attachicon.gifsquad.jpg

No response?....."lousy set o' bastads" tongue.png

To be honest Bob, without the commentary that went with the charts, I don't know what it was trying to show apart from the obvious in that teams who spend big money have a good chance of winning the league. Interesting that in the 2 times we won the league, we were still only the third biggest spenders and that Chelsea have remained the biggest for years..

Chicog knows it all!! Why would he need to open a link:whistling:

Why would The Guardian try and do that? If you had read the article it wasn't justifying anything but simply explaining how and why Platini has relaxed the rules.

I actually think the following quote in the article is spot on and reflects why you always banging on.

Some clubs, such as the American owners at Arsenal and Liverpool, had set great store by FFP as a rationale for their investment in English football – hoping that their natural revenue-generating advantages would allow them to compete without additional investment – and they are now worried about the consequences of the relaxation.

• Like 1

Why would The Guardian try and do that? If you had read the article it wasn't justifying anything but simply explaining how and why Platini has relaxed the rules.

I actually think the following quote in the article is spot on and reflects why you always banging on.

Some clubs, such as the American owners at Arsenal and Liverpool, had set great store by FFP as a rationale for their investment in English football – hoping that their natural revenue-generating advantages would allow them to compete without additional investment – and they are now worried about the consequences of the relaxation.

I'm banging on? Oh yeah?

Who posted the fekin article in the first place and mentioned me?

Nice try sonny.

biggrin.png

And yes, it says exactly what I've said all along. We can actually afford to compete, but it's the other teams that have to shell out ridiculous money they can't afford that will suffer.

FFP was supposed to stop the stupid overspending by *everyone*.

But obviously Platini doesn't have the balls to see it through.

I'm banging on? Oh yeah?

Who posted the fekin article in the first place and mentioned me?

Nice try sonny.

Yeah banging on. Because you constantly bang on about Arab money blah blah whenever you can. The article wasn't eveb about Arab money but you brought it up when you admitted you hadn't even read it.

Nice try Gramps

• Like 1