Manchester City

mrbojangles

Oh sorry, where did the 160 million and the other squillions come from then?

You little joker you...

The reason I posted the Guardian article link is I thought it was very informative especially this bit:

"Two reasons. One is that revenues have vastly increased, particularly in England with Premier League clubs eyeing another huge increase next season once the new £8bn-plus TV deal (including overseas rights) kicks in. That obviously gives them more cash to spend, even if they are aiming to break even, and fuels inflation.And as transfer fees can be amortised over the length of a players contract, they can in effect start spending that cash now. The second is that Uefa earlier this year relaxed the FFP restrictions."

It was disappointing that you couldn't be arsed to read it as apparently you knew what was in it without reading it.

Why is it with you Chicog that you knock when we spend (arab money) but not when the rest of the teams in the Premier or indeed teams across Europe spend?

Edited by Bredbury Blue

Oh sorry, where did the 160 million and the other squillions come from then?

You little joker you...

The reason I posted the Guardian article link is I thought it was very informative especially this bit:

"Two reasons. One is that revenues have vastly increased, particularly in England with Premier League clubs eyeing another huge increase next season once the new £8bn-plus TV deal (including overseas rights) kicks in. That obviously gives them more cash to spend, even if they are aiming to break even, and fuels inflation.And as transfer fees can be amortised over the length of a players contract, they can in effect start spending that cash now. The second is that Uefa earlier this year relaxed the FFP restrictions."

It was disappointing that you couldn't be arsed to read it as apparently you knew what was in it without reading it.

Why is it with you Chicog that you knock when we spend (arab money) but not when the rest of the teams in the Premier or indeed teams across Europe spend?

You'll find I'm highly critical of others who spend Looney money too.

That's true tongue.png

What are you watching these matches on, I've got Bein and OSN and none of the matches are on either of them.

They're on Scabby Dhabi sport mate. No-one's got that any more. You can pay extra to get it on OSN but I dumped that shit last year.

Have you not sorted out Kodi yet?

Edited by Chicog

Seeing as we weren't interested at 71mil, this guy must be dreaming at 100mil

Juventus director general Giuseppe Marotta, mindful of the spending power of the Premier League’s big guns, warned last week that Pogba will cost even more in a year’s time.

He said: “We decided to keep Pogba despite significant offers from foreign clubs. In future, he will be worth over €100 million.

“I’ve noticed how the Premier League has become richer, and we’ve seen clubs buying players for what would have been crazy prices until recently, but are very normal today.

“If Pogba continues his performance of last season, I think next year, €100 million will not suffice.”

Juventus director general Giuseppe Marotta, mindful of the spending power of the Premier League’s big guns, warned last week that Pogba will cost even more in a year’s time.

He said: “We decided to keep Pogba despite significant offers from foreign clubs. In future, he will be worth over €100 million.

“I’ve noticed how the Premier League has become richer, and we’ve seen clubs buying players for what would have been crazy prices until recently, but are very normal today.

“If Pogba continues his performance of last season, I think next year, €100 million will not suffice.”

Juve has struggled so far (still early) without Tevez, Pirlo and Vidal, all of whom did a bunch of work in midfield. Pogba hasn't yet stepped up. Maybe he won't fetch a crazy price after all.

Juve has struggled so far (still early) without Tevez, Pirlo and Vidal, all of whom did a bunch of work in midfield. Pogba hasn't yet stepped up. Maybe he won't fetch a crazy price after all.

I confess to not watching much Italian football Jelly, so I will continue to rely on your updates thumbsup.gif

• Like 1

Just read an interesting article in the Manchester Evening News (just got out from having an operation and will be reading a lot of articles for about 4 weeks, so stand by) tongue.png

"The CIES Football Observatory, based in Switzerland have some sort of transfer value calculator uses an exclusive algorithm created on the basis of nearly 1,500 fee paying transfers which have occurred during the previous five years and which originated at a big-5 league club. The new algorithm will continue to be updated after every transfer window to take into account the latest market trends."

It reckons Sterling was a bargain and that Kevin DB was the second most over paid transfer behind Anthony Martial

The CIES Football Observatory's analysis was carried out without considering add-on fees and estimated Sterling's worth at £69.47m.

The CIES states: "At the opposite end of the table, the most under-paid players according to the CIES Football Observatory analysis were Raheem Sterling by Manchester City (-32.1 million ), Mapou Yanga-Mbiwa by Olympique Lyonnais (-11.9 million ) and Robin van Persie by Fenerbahçe (-11.4 million )."

Record City signing Kevin de Bruyne was listed second in the 'over-paid' players' table, behind United's Anthony Martial.

That's true tongue.png

What are you watching these matches on, I've got Bein and OSN and none of the matches are on either of them.

They're on Scabby Dhabi sport mate. No-one's got that any more. You can pay extra to get it on OSN but I dumped that shit last year.

Have you not sorted out Kodi yet?

Just seen the Kodi now, I'll have a bit o' that cheers.

Moving back over to Abu Dhabi in a couple of months. Hit me up for a pint whenever either of you two gents are in town.

We knew it would take time but some positive signs starting to come out of the academy.

Man City kids' 9-0 win over United shows Blues are dominant youth force

Manchester City under-14s added to the senior team’s brilliant start to the season by thrashing derby rivals United NINE-nil at the weekend!

The young Blues, who were national champions at under-13 level last season, were too hot to handle.

And, with the under-15s beating Liverpool 6-0, and the under-18s making it five wins from five at the start of this season with a 3-0 defeat of Sunderland, it is not just Manuel Pellegrini’s senior squad that is tearing it up.

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/manchester-city-manchester-united-9-10006050

Just read an interesting article in the Manchester Evening News (just got out from having an operation and will be reading a lot of articles for about 4 weeks, so stand by) tongue.png

"The CIES Football Observatory, based in Switzerland have some sort of transfer value calculator uses an exclusive algorithm created on the basis of nearly 1,500 fee paying transfers which have occurred during the previous five years and which originated at a big-5 league club. The new algorithm will continue to be updated after every transfer window to take into account the latest market trends."

It reckons Sterling was a bargain and that Kevin DB was the second most over paid transfer behind Anthony Martial

The CIES Football Observatory's analysis was carried out without considering add-on fees and estimated Sterling's worth at £69.47m.

The CIES states: "At the opposite end of the table, the most under-paid players according to the CIES Football Observatory analysis were Raheem Sterling by Manchester City (-32.1 million ), Mapou Yanga-Mbiwa by Olympique Lyonnais (-11.9 million ) and Robin van Persie by Fenerbahçe (-11.4 million )."

Record City signing Kevin de Bruyne was listed second in the 'over-paid' players' table, behind United's Anthony Martial.

Good luck recuperating MrB !!

• Like 1

Man City: Karren Brady's misguided spending attack on Blues is nonsense

The West Ham vice-chairman has picked the wrong target when she singles out Manchester City for criticism over their summer outlay.

You would think Karren Brady, as vice-chairman of a Premier League club, would have at least a working knowledge of football rules.

And yet, in laying into Manchester City over their summer spending, and suggesting it cocked a snook at Uefa’s financial fair play rules, she shows breathtaking ignorance.

The West Ham executive said: “Combing through the Premier League summer transfer dealings today, it becomes clear that to top English clubs Uefa’s Financial Fair Play rulings are about as relevant as discarded chip cartons.

“Not so long ago, Man City were told to pay £50million for unacceptable book-keeping.

“After a rules amendment friendly to zillionaires, Sheikh Mansour can spend what oil-well earnings he likes - and did so in huge transfers, plus skyscraper wages.

“What was it Lord Sugar said about the prune-juice effect?”

All of which is fine, but for one small detail – the financial fair play tweak which Uefa introduced has had no effect on City whatsoever. Zero, zilch, nada.

In fact, because they were clobbered by an FFP punishment last season, they do not even qualify for the new, relaxed rules until 2020 at least.

And even then, they will only qualify if they keep their noses clean and stick to the financial fair play limits – the ORIGINAL financial fair play limits, not new limits for which clubs can apply.

In fact Uefa have deliberately made it tough for clubs like City to use the “relaxed” limits. City have beaten FFP not through relaxed rules, but by maximising their income.

Perhaps Brady should focus her mind on the £92m the Hammers have borrowed. City are in a healthy financial position, West Ham are in the red – so which club needs to have an eye kept on it by Uefa?

As for Lord Sugar’s prune juice, what of it?

The ex-Spurs chairman said that the new £5.1billion TV deal would “go in one end and come out of the other”.

So, how would Lord Sugar, and Brady prefer it? That the money goes in one end and then into the pockets of the likes of the Glazers?

Of course, the money should also be invested in academies, stadium improvements and infrastructure – but City have led the way on that score, as well.

City are raking in money – they are sixth in the world in terms of revenue – and are spending it on City.

That is what football clubs should do. That is what Sunday League clubs do, where football is for football’s sake and does not exist as as a cash cow for the wealthy.

Sheikh Mansour has not made a penny out of City, she should remember.

The West Ham executive said: “Combing through the Premier League summer transfer dealings today, it becomes clear that to top English clubs Uefa’s Financial Fair Play rulings are about as relevant as discarded chip cartons.

“Not so long ago, Man City were told to pay £50million for unacceptable book-keeping.

“After a rules amendment friendly to zillionaires, Sheikh Mansour can spend what oil-well earnings he likes - and did so in huge transfers, plus skyscraper wages."

Well said madam.

“After a rules amendment friendly to zillionaires, Sheikh Mansour can spend what oil-well earnings he likes - and did so in huge transfers, plus skyscraper wages."

Well said madam.

Then you are as ill informed as that woman is. Read the rest of the article, in which it states:-

All of which is fine, but for one small detail – the financial fair play tweak which Uefa introduced has had no effect on City whatsoever. Zero, zilch, nada.

In fact, because they were clobbered by an FFP punishment last season, they do not even qualify for the new, relaxed rules until 2020 at least.

But hey, don't let the facts get in the way of your jealousy Chic