Manchester City

mrbojangles

Hey lads, have you seen the next instalment of what SAF has said in his new book.

He said he turned down the opportunity to buy Silva because:-

“We watched Silva a lot when he was at Valencia,

“And the other player they had, the same type, years before it, played in that No.10 role.

“My problem with that was you have to be very, very good to play in that position, because there’s no defensive duties for them.”

Fergie was not convinced.

“If you’re wanting to be be really successful, everyone has to do their turn, has to work, you know?” he said.

“So I had a difficulty with that.”

Silva instead joined City for £24million in 2010 - the year United signed Bebe. laugh.png

Give over Chic. When KdB joined us he quite rightly had to break into the team, when he did he's impressed so much that he has played the full 90 mins of the last 4 matches. Hardly a super sub label is it.

You'd have to be a football idiot not to appreciate that KdB hit the ground running and has been VERY impressive with his goals and general play since arriving at City. Let's see if a football idiot steps forward to disagree.

the village football idiot has arrivedclap2.gif u know the one from the penal settlement, where no english is requiredclap2.gif thats the land down under,all milk and honey from the ones who knowbiggrin.png

sure KDB has done well, no doubt about that BUT

E/S would like him, to put a good shift in, say 2 full seasons, that will sort the men out from the boys, whether his record price tag is warranted ,one way or another

match aquero performances,during this period would be a good rule of the thumbsmile.png

back tomorrow for my review of round 8,please drop in,its going to hot!!!! hot!!!!

a very nice evening to all my loyal readersclap2.gif on the footy forumsmile.png

Give over Chic. When KdB joined us he quite rightly had to break into the team, when he did he's impressed so much that he has played the full 90 mins of the last 4 matches. Hardly a super sub label is it.

You'd have to be a football idiot not to appreciate that KdB hit the ground running and has been VERY impressive with his goals and general play since arriving at City. Let's see if a football idiot steps forward to disagree.

the village football idiot has arrivedclap2.gif u know the one from the penal settlement, where no english is requiredclap2.gif thats the land down under,all milk and honey from the ones who knowbiggrin.png

E/S would like him, to put a good shift in, say 2 full seasons, that will sort the men out from the boys, whether his record price tag is warranted ,one way or another

match aquero performances,during this period would be a good rule of the thumbsmile.png

back tomorrow for my review of round 8,please drop in,its going to hot!!!! hot!!!!

a very nice evening to all my loyal readersclap2.gif on the footy forumsmile.png

Evan, I quite like your posts as you have the habit of irritating those that irritate me. However I have disagree with your following comment, as Aguero, apart from his 5 goal 20 minute blast vs Newcastle has been poor this season in my opinion while KdB has been excellent apart from the 2nd half against Spurs when everybody rolled over:

"match aquero performances,during this period would be a good rule of the thumb"

Hey lads, have you seen the next instalment of what SAF has said in his new book.

“We watched Silva a lot when he was at Valencia,

“And the other player they had, the same type, years before it, played in that No.10 role.

“My problem with that was you have to be very, very good to play in that position, because there’s no defensive duties for them.”

“If you’re wanting to be be really successful, everyone has to do their turn, has to work, you know?” he said.

“So I had a difficulty with that.”

Silva instead joined City for £24million in 2010 - the year United signed Bebe. laugh.png

Assume he's talking about Aimar...who was indeed a class player.....As for not signing Silva; maybe Pogba was not Whisky Nose's BIGGEST mistakefacepalm.gif

Definitely must have been Aimar he was referring to. Classy as you say and was Messi's idol. He just recently retired after giving it one last go with River Plate. Chronic foot and ankle problems. A pity.

We watched Silva a lot when he was at Valencia,

And the other player they had, the same type, years before it, played in that No.10 role.

My problem with that was you have to be very, very good to play in that position, because theres no defensive duties for them.

If youre wanting to be be really successful, everyone has to do their turn, has to work, you know? he said.

So I had a difficulty with that.

Funny, when we bought Silva he was presented to us a skillful left winger, and my first impression on seeing him was we'd been sold a duff as he had no pace (plus I think he was coming back from injury when he started with us). For years we've played him as an inverted winger with licence to roam, and yet finally it's Pellegrini that's put him in the no.10 role that all the City fans knew he should have be in years ago. So Fergies new comedy book looks like a real stocking filler (read his first, I have his 2nd as a PDF which I haven't started yet).

]

and Kolorov has gone off injured tongue.png

A pox on you Boberino. Depending on his injury he likely wouldn't be any worse defensively anyhow.

I'd hope Sturridge stubs a toe and would be gone for two months but I'd like to see storm trooper Klippity Klopp run roughshod over everyone but City.

• Like 1

B/B ...please note first two seasons ...2015/16...2016/17 and match aqueros first two seasons performances

Evan, I quite like your posts as you have the habit of irritating those that irritate me. However I have disagree with your following comment, as Aguero, apart from his 5 goal 20 minute blast vs Newcastle has been poor this season in my opinion while KdB has been excellent apart from the 2nd half against Spurs when everybody rolled over:

"match aquero performances,during this period would be a good rule of the thumb"

B/B u clearly got the bull by the horns,either speed reading or pissedlaugh.png hope my above clarification helps usmile.png

yes the irratators of late , both spuds tossers, one had a brain explosion tipping to all and sundry that c/sea will retain the EPL title, BY 10 POINTScheesy.gif

the other fell out of his hammocklaugh.png now seeking medical attention at the white hospital,fell right on his ugly melon ,sad to report more brain damage sad.png really he had enuff before this accident,

poor lad, but u cannot help bad luck can u

its a very cool morning to all my readers , BTW ..e/s is about to post his rd 8 EPL top 6 review, please drop in

Ferguson claims he didn't consider a move for Silva because Silva doesn't work hard enough defensively. Doesn't track back.

Interesting observation and i shall be watching City/Silva when he returns from injury. Fact is, the complete midfielder is one that always operates defensively aswell as offensively.

Manchester City move into profit for first time since 2008

Manchester City have declared a profit for the first time since Sheikh Mansour’s 2008 takeover.

And with the club also posting record revenues of £352million, Blues chairman Khaldoon Al Mubarak declared: “To put things in their simplest terms, we are now a profitable business with no debt and no outstanding restrictions.”

The club posted a profit of £10.7million which, in football terms, means they are clear of any Uefa punishments after last season being hit with financial fair play penalties.

Chief executive Ferran Soriano said that the move into profitability after seven years in the red is a “historic step in Manchester City’s journey.”

And with the bumper new Premier League TV rights deal about to kick in, and the increased capacity set to boost matchday revenues, the figures explain City’s decision to splash out around £142million on Kevin de Bruyne, Raheem Sterling, Nicolas Otamendi, and Fabian Delph.

City’s owner ploughed money into the club after buying it in 2008, and in 2010-11 they reported a record loss of £195million after huge spending on players and club infrastructure.

But they always made it plain that the aim was to make the club self-sustaining – and the Blues are now at that point.

Khaldoon said that the club has “further strengthened its foundations for future success” and is looking at the new season as a “renewed opportunity to test our capabilities and once again measure how far we have come as a club.”

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/manchester-city-profit-record-revenue-10259014

Manchester City move into profit for first time since 2008

Manchester City have declared a profit for the first time since Sheikh Mansour’s 2008 takeover.

And with the club also posting record revenues of £352million, Blues chairman Khaldoon Al Mubarak declared: “To put things in their simplest terms, we are now a profitable business with no debt and no outstanding restrictions.”

The club posted a profit of £10.7million which, in football terms, means they are clear of any Uefa punishments after last season being hit with financial fair play penalties.

Chief executive Ferran Soriano said that the move into profitability after seven years in the red is a “historic step in Manchester City’s journey.”

And with the bumper new Premier League TV rights deal about to kick in, and the increased capacity set to boost matchday revenues, the figures explain City’s decision to splash out around £142million on Kevin de Bruyne, Raheem Sterling, Nicolas Otamendi, and Fabian Delph.

City’s owner ploughed money into the club after buying it in 2008, and in 2010-11 they reported a record loss of £195million after huge spending on players and club infrastructure.

But they always made it plain that the aim was to make the club self-sustaining – and the Blues are now at that point.

Khaldoon said that the club has “further strengthened its foundations for future success” and is looking at the new season as a “renewed opportunity to test our capabilities and once again measure how far we have come as a club.”

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/manchester-city-profit-record-revenue-10259014

"How much do we need to break even?"

"A lot Shiek"

OK I'll just ring round the family and get it. We'll pretend it's genuine sponsorship".

biggrin.png

• Like 1

It's as if this article was tailor made for a certain TV member rolleyes.gifbiggrin.png

Why Manchester City have destroyed the oil money jibe

The next time a green-eyed fan of another team sneers about Manchester City’s success being down to “oil money”, Blues will have a ready answer.

“In fact, we are a self-sustaining club which not only posted record revenues and is in the top six money-making clubs on the planet, but is now turning a profit.” Or words to that effect.

Anyone with half a brain could see that the “oil money” jibe was a nonsense anyway.

It seemed to be claiming that oil money was somehow dirtier, and had none of the Corinthian sporting value of money given by Chevrolet, or Carlsberg, or screwed out of fans’ pockets.

The fact that the Blues are now in the black after seven years of being revamped by Sheikh Mansour’s investment should be celebrated as an example of positive ownership.

Instead, the rich clubs who have had their noses put out of joint by the “lottery winners” dining at their table will harrumph about financial doping. After all, only they should be allowed to financially dope, because they “earned” their doping money. Utter tosh.

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/manchester-city-oil-money-profit-10260064

It's as if that article was written by someone desperately trying to hide their embarrassment.

Of course spending a billion or so prior to the big premier league money deal makes it look like you've done it the hard way, doesn't it?

biggrin.png

rolleyes.gif

Instead, the rich clubs who have had their noses put out of joint by the “lottery winners” dining at their table will harrumph about financial doping. After all, only they should be allowed to financially dope, because they “earned” their doping money. Utter tosh.

rolleyes.gif

Instead, the rich clubs who have had their noses put out of joint by the lottery winners dining at their table will harrumph about financial doping. After all, only they should be allowed to financially dope, because they earned their doping money. Utter tosh.

It's too easy MrBj, like fishing in a thai fishing pond; bait, wait and reel in Chicog...bites everytime.

rolleyes.gif

Instead, the rich clubs who have had their noses put out of joint by the lottery winners dining at their table will harrumph about financial doping. After all, only they should be allowed to financially dope, because they earned their doping money. Utter tosh.

It's too easy MrBj, like fishing in a thai fishing pond; bait, wait and reel in Chicog...bites everytime.

The article really was written for his type wasn't it biggrin.png

Makes me laugh........ all the nonsense I hear coming from Chicog.

I read an article earlier today, I will try to find it.............. Our wage bill, is roughly the same as Arsenals!!!

So to put things into perspective City have won trophies over the past few years, are now turning a profit, they are far far cheaper to watch than most teams, wage bill is lower than Uniteds and on par with Arsenal and at the same time have completely revitalised a whole community.

Yes we are lucky and I will always appreciate that. But the jealous drivel from someone who knows sweet FA about football and comments on articles that he doesnt even read.

Only thing I can think of is he must be some Arabs B@@@@H!biggrin.png

Our revenue increasing every year since the Sheikh took over is very impressive; our revenue is getting close to that of Glazer United and has surpassed that of all the other British clubs...including Arse.nal.

Of course. When you can ring your brother or your cousin and just "ask" for revenue, it's easy innit?

coffee1.gif

Our revenue increasing every year since the Sheikh took over is very impressive; our revenue is getting close to that of Glazer United and has surpassed that of all the other British clubs...including Arse.nal.

Of course. When you can ring your brother or your cousin and just "ask" for revenue, it's easy innit?

coffee1.gif

As you're a fan of FFP, you show know more than most that kind of thing is policed by EUFA. Innit! Edited by Bredbury Blue

coffee1.gif

As you're a fan of FFP, you show know more than most that kind of thing is policed by EUFA. Innit!

Well that's gone out of the window with the Frog in the FIFA clink.