Manchester City

mrbojangles

18 minutes ago, owl sees all said:

I agree.

No one knows how a match will end when just one thing can change the course of the game. OK; so last minute misses (John Terry penalty miss) and saves could be counted but a save here and a bad miss there early in the game means little.

We shouldn't lay too much blame on a keeper who was doing his best. 15 points is HUGE!!!! Five lost games amount to 5 won ones. City could have been Champions!

Especially if De Bruyne had scored against Chelsea  :biggrin:

1 hour ago, Bredbury Blue said:

I am very optimistic about next season as a City fan. We've got rid of some deadwood (Navas, clichy), we've bought a cracker in Bernando Silva, hopefully we've bought a decent goalkeeper this time around, Jesus will have pre-season with us and will get better, fingers crossed Vinny is back and he makes a big difference, we're getting a new defence, we're becoming a younger/faster team, and i'm pretty sure Pep will be wiser from last season. All good in my opinion and can't wait till 12 August.

Mate from the reactions of your fellow fans I think your in dreamland if you think your onto a flier next season. The longer bravo is training manchester will always be cold wet and raining. You have a good snort of your Highland park,maybe make a couple of radio show phone calls in Manchester and put the word out. With Bravo in the frame even marginally it's too big of a sods law situation for Pep to walk into next season and you can build and build but if your last line of defence has a shots to goals ratio as bad as bravo even as an emergency keeper your asking for the same trouble you could have avoided last season. So 4th place no trophies next season. Happy?

Bottom line Bredbin, it's been wonderful chewing the fat with you over the weekend and whilst you seemed reluctant at first you've been on good form this weekend son. 

1 hour ago, wilai said:

^^ Told ya already Mr BJ... Roberts  was never in the squad for the <20's as he was still playing for Celtic.  You are thinking of the Euro <21's.

Yeah sorry Wilai. However, he would have been in had he not opted to stay at Celtic.

• Like 1

Not sure what point you're trying to make R2D2. We're all agreed Bravo was a disaster. It is though impossible to assess how many points better off we'd have been but if of course you know the answer then I'll bow down to your powers. Is there anything you want to discuss though which we can discuss without speculation?

R2D2 I repeat I am very optimistic going forward but I didn't mention anything about a flier; please cease making things up I didn't post.

The rumour is City are looking to move on Bravo whose family hasn't settled in manchester, to lille if I remember correctly. He finished the season behind Willy and he'll start behind Ederson if he stays.

The reason I started so slowly in this 'debate' you were so keen was cause I couldn't take you seriously (as usual) with your Pep out post which had me in stitches.

14 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

R2D2 I repeat I am very optimistic going forward but I didn't mention anything about a flier; please cease making things up I didn't post.

The rumour is City are looking to move on Bravo whose family hasn't settled in manchester, to lille if I remember correctly. He finished the season behind Willy and he'll start behind Ederson if he stays.

The reason I started so slowly in this 'debate' you were so keen was cause I couldn't take you seriously (as usual) with your Pep out post which had me in stitches.

Very optimistic is in my view a flier as very optimistic is not normally referred to a slow start so don't get all Alfie on me.

Impossible to prove. Not at all. Just splash a bit of reality on the situation and deduce from your own fans heads what a massive cost really is. It's a title loss Bredbin and it was there but that decision will go down as one of the stupidest decisions ever made in PL. Think djemba djemba and add 10 as his boss culled him fast and your boss squirmed and the sooner he goes the better Pep will be.

No one mentioned outright for a Pep out. You were given a speculative situation and asked for an opinion that's it and again I appreciate your input.

13 hours ago, Rc2702 said:

Very optimistic is in my view a flier as very optimistic is not normally referred to a slow start so don't get all Alfie on me.

Impossible to prove. Not at all. Just splash a bit of reality on the situation and deduce from your own fans heads what a massive cost really is. It's a title loss Bredbin and it was there but that decision will go down as one of the stupidest decisions ever made in PL. Think djemba djemba and add 10 as his boss culled him fast and your boss squirmed and the sooner he goes the better Pep will be.

No one mentioned outright for a Pep out. You were given a speculative situation and asked for an opinion that's it and again I appreciate your input.

Me – “I am very optimistic about next season as a City fan…”

R2D2 – “Mate from the reactions of your fellow fans I think your in dreamland if you think your onto a flier next season…”

Me – “R2D2 I repeat I am very optimistic going forward but I didn't mention anything about a flier…”

R2D2 – “Very optimistic is in my view a flier as very optimistic is not normally referred to a slow start…”

Optimistic:

Definition = hopeful and confident about the future

R2D2 Definition = off to a flier

Brilliant!

It was not a "title loss" as you wrongly sensationalise (AGAIN). We played great football at times. We played better football against the likes of Chelsea (both games) and Spurs (Etihad) than they did. But over the season we were inconsistent and repeatedly lacked the nouse to kill off teams. With or without Bravo, we were not as good as Chelsea and they were rightly the champions. Anywhere between 2nd to 4th was a fair reflection of us last season.

3 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Me – “I am very optimistic about next season as a City fan…”

R2D2 – “Mate from the reactions of your fellow fans I think your in dreamland if you think your onto a flier next season…”

Me – “R2D2 I repeat I am very optimistic going forward but I didn't mention anything about a flier…”

R2D2 – “Very optimistic is in my view a flier as very optimistic is not normally referred to a slow start…”

Optimistic:

Definition = hopeful and confident about the future

R2D2 Definition = off to a flier

Brilliant!

It was not a "title loss" as you wrongly sensationalise (AGAIN). We played great football at times. We played better football against the likes of Chelsea (both games) and Spurs (Etihad) than they did. But over the season we were inconsistent and repeatedly lacked the nouse to kill off teams. With or without Bravo, we were not as good as Chelsea and they were rightly the champions. Anywhere between 2nd to 4th was a fair reflection of us last season.

I think you under estimate how a poor player can affect a teams performance and sadly bravo did just that and the decision to scrap hart for such a poor return paid dividends where weakening your team and the teams confidence in both player and the manager who made such a catastrophic error were concerned.

This single unwarranted decision unhinged a team which in the first 5 games had 15 pts. 

53 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Yes I'm sure he's grateful to Spurs for resurrecting his career.

Seriously this lads 26 he's played 145 games for Burnley and 18 for spurs. I heard his name a bit but the lads got 2 seasons at the 2nd tier of the top,max at right back so this lads no spring chicken.

"Dixon was a right-back who had to wait until the age of 26, two years after he swapped a relatively unfashionable provincial side in Stoke City for one of the London giants in Arsenal, before he made the first of his 22 international appearances (and his final cap came in a friendly against France). Trippier, meanwhile, is a right-back who has had to wait until the age of 26, two years after he swapped a relatively unfashionable provincial side in Burnley for one of the London giants in Tottenham, before he got the nod."

...and both City fans.

Edited by Bredbury Blue

Have to hand it to you Mr BJ...this was great business!  Maybe we should try something similar with Southampton?:wink:

2014 - Manchester City buy Melbourne City for £7.5m 

2016 - Sign Aaron Mooy from Melbourne City for £0.

2017 -  Sell Aaron Mooy for £10m.

:post-4641-1156694083:

• Like 1

On 6/15/2017 at 6:46 AM, Bredbury Blue said:

"Dixon was a right-back who had to wait until the age of 26, two years after he swapped a relatively unfashionable provincial side in Stoke City for one of the London giants in Arsenal, before he made the first of his 22 international appearances (and his final cap came in a friendly against France). Trippier, meanwhile, is a right-back who has had to wait until the age of 26, two years after he swapped a relatively unfashionable provincial side in Burnley for one of the London giants in Tottenham, before he got the nod."

...and both City fans.

And of course, Lee Dixon started his career at City. Er..... Chester City, that is.

42 minutes ago, wilai said:

Have to hand it to you Mr BJ...this was great business!  Maybe we should try something similar with Southampton?:wink:

2014 - Manchester City buy Melbourne City for £7.5m 

2016 - Sign Aaron Mooy from Melbourne City for £0.

2017 -  Sell Aaron Mooy for £10m.

:post-4641-1156694083:

Yeah I was reading that earlier Wilai. Not bad at all

We have also sold Enes Unal for £12.5m who we signed from Bursaspor for around £2.5m two years ago. He has only put a City shirt on once in a tour match. Also, Iheanacho looks like he will be going soon for around £25m.

56 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Interesting point at end of that piece on loans and the precluding of player playing against parent club. Wenger thinks it's unfair but to play against parent club could cause problems in itself too. 

Champions League and Europa League's opening qualifying rounds will be drawn on Monday.

The opening leg of the Champions League's first qualifying rounds will be played on June 27 and 28, with the second legs coming a week later on July 4 and 5.The Europa League's first round ties will take place on June 29 and July 6.

Edited by Bredbury Blue

10 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Bit concerned over his age though jelly

A slight concern MrB, but City seem to be paying peanuts. I suppose the chase for Walker or another RB is still on.