Manchester City

mrbojangles

what did he get, 4 against one team, 2 against another and 2 more. how many wins does s*ity have?

What's up Raghead, don't you like the facts?

Raghead, a bit harsh but with my hairline it might be something to consider. as for the facts ok... the championship is closer to having the two richest owners in football than the EPL.

what did he get, 4 against one team, 2 against another and 2 more. how many wins does s*ity have?

Raghead, a bit harsh but with my hairline it might be something to consider. as for the facts ok... the championship is closer to having the two richest owners in football than the EPL.

Let me enlighten you on a bit of banter that City fans have with United fans as i know you've never actually been to a match. :o

RAG means Red Arrogant Gits, it's an endearing term that we use to describe you lot. :D

Let me enlighten you on a bit of banter that City fans have with United fans as i know you've never actually been to a match. :o

RAG means Red Arrogant Gits, it's an endearing term that we use to describe you lot. :D

why do they call u guys carpet sellers then? that's what we call ragheads, but i digress...

as for Robinho, i did a little searching on the net, over 2/3rds of his goals this year came againt Stoke, Newcastle, Ports and Blackburn, Hull, unsurprisingly only one goal against LP, Chel or Manu.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/players/gamel...426&cc=4716

why do they call u guys carpet sellers then? that's what we call ragheads, but i digress...

as for Robinho, i did a little searching on the net, over 2/3rds of his goals this year came againt Stoke, Newcastle, Ports and Blackburn, Hull, unsurprisingly only one goal against LP, Chel or Manu.

you've got too much time on your hands boy.

stevie, i juggle this and work too, which begs the question...why do you have so much time on your hands?

stevie, i juggle this and work too, which begs the question...why do you have so much time on your hands?

i'm a retired millionaire james. that or i'm a freelance writer, i can never remember.

You really don't get it do you. Maybe Redrus or one of the other real United fans can maybe enlighten you on some of the history of our rivalry and banter :o

And your point being?

Berbatov has only scored against West Brom, Stoke and Middlesborough in the Prem League. He hasn't scored against LP, Chelsea, Arsenal, Villa, Vity, Hull etc. etc.

And your point being?

Berbatov has only scored against West Brom, Stoke and Middlesborough in the Prem League. He hasn't scored against LP, Chelsea, Arsenal, Villa, Vity, Hull etc. etc.

:o

torpedoes james' argument somewhat.

I concur. The summer transfer window will be the time when we see how serious the Abu Dhabi's are.

and even then, you still won't sign kaka or messi. the money's undoubtedly there but the very top players won't move to a club that can't offer them champions league football, particularly in a world cup year.

It's a fair point Stevie but they all have a fee that they will sell their souls for. It's upto to City to prove that they have high aspirations when they talk to these players. Time will tell.

World Cup Year, like Stevie pointed out, is an important factor next Summer..

I dont understand the Roque Santa Cruz situation.

From what I understand, there is a release clause in his contract stating if a club offers 18million+ then Blackburn have to sell.

City had a bid of 12 million rejected last year.

Alladyce cant stand City after the Hamann situation at Bolton.

City have had a bid rejected for RSC, and Alladyce says that the offer would have to be too good to refuse, before they sell him.They certainly will not sell him to City for less than 18 million!!

Why cant they bid 18million if they really want him? Or am I missing something?

And your point being?

normally i would include champions league goals in there but not really a fair debate considering the two teams we are talking about. Need to give BJ a chance, afterall he is from Manchester (albeit the wrong side) and not Liverpool. :D

And your point being?

normally i would include champions league goals in there but not really a fair debate considering the two teams we are talking about. Need to give BJ a chance, afterall he is from Manchester (albeit the wrong side) and not Liverpool. :D

No worries James, you can throw the Champions League ones in as well. Berbatov's goals still only adds up to about 50% of what robinho has scored :D

And your point being?

No worries James, you can throw the Champions League ones in as well. Berbatov's goals still only adds up to about 50% of what robinho has scored :D

:D

And your point being?

You can remove Chelsea from your list :D

And your point being?

You can remove Chelsea from your list :D

OK then :wai:

What;s this Fella all about Chaps ??

Or is he ALWAYS injured, like for some reason i think ??

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12876_4792023,00.html

Manchester City will not allow Valeri Bojinov to leave for West Ham as a makeweight in any deal for Craig Bellamy or Scott Parker.

Sky Sports News chief news reporter Bryan Swanson revealed City's second bid of £9million for Bellamy was turned down on Sunday.

In the latest twist in the ongoing dialogue between the two clubs, it has emerged that Upton Park boss Gianfranco Zola has been in touch personally with Bulgaria international Bojinov.

But the injured striker says boss Mark Hughes has reassured him that he will not be leaving Eastlands in January.

"Two days ago, Zola called me on my mobile and told me that he wants me in West Ham," Bojinov told Bulgarian media.

"I answered that I feel great in Manchester City and don't want to leave the team. I'm happy the City management values me. The only thing I want is to be healthy again, so that I can prove myself.

"Mark Hughes told me that Zola wants me but City made it perfectly clear that they don't want to sell me."

What;s this Fella all about Chaps ??

Or is he ALWAYS injured, like for some reason i think ??

He fell really bad against United last season and ripped his knee apart. Not an easy injury to come back from but apparently he's not too far off being fit now.

From skysports:-

De Jong mulling over City move

Nigel de Jong is considering his options after Hamburg received a bid from Manchester City for the midfielder.

Hamburg's director of football Dietmar Beiersdorfer confirmed City's interest earlier on Friday.

The two clubs have opened negotiations and Hamburg have now informed De Jong of the situation.

The Dutchman accepts that it is hard to predict what might happen before the transfer window closes, although he plans to give the matter a lot of thought.

"I will now start to consider the issue myself and find out what is best for me, but there are still two weeks to go this month," De Jong told the German press.

"Nobody does know actually what will happen until then."

Beiersdorfer, meanwhile, has refused to confirm the offer tabled by City is worth the reported £13.3million.

Beiersdorfer now intends to get in touch with the agent of the player to discuss the issue.

From skysports:-

Ferguson unconcerned by City

But United boss admits Kaka signing would issue a 'statement of intent'

Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson is not worrying about Manchester City but recognises the potential signing of Kaka would issue a 'statement of intent'.

City boss Mark Hughes is closing in on a world-record deal for AC Milan playmaker Kaka and it is expected that the transfer will take place next week.

Hughes paid Real Madrid £32.5million, a British record, for Robinho on the final day of the summer transfer window and Ferguson feels that Kaka's arrival would be an impressive follow up.

Ferguson thinks the Brazilian duo would be the perfect bait for future signings as City, who are also close to capturing Hamburg's Dutch midfielder Nigel de Jong, bid to become a major force in world football.

Focus

"It would be a statement of intent," said Ferguson of the Kaka approach.

"That is probably the thinking with Robinho first and Kaka next. It can encourage other players to join."

However, Ferguson insists he is not immediately concerned by the emergence of City and is instead focusing his attention on Premier League title rivals Liverpool, Chelsea and Arsenal.

"The fact is they are not where Liverpool or Chelsea are and we have to look at the teams around us," said Ferguson.

"You can only worry about the ones who are taking the trophy off you.

"For years, Arsenal and ourselves contested every league for years. All I was interested in was what the Arsenal result was, whether they had suffered any injuries or suspensions and when we played them.

"Arsenal will come back. They will make a fist of it this season. I have no doubt about that.

"Now we have Chelsea and Liverpool as well."

A bit of news on some injuries. From the City website:-

Valeri Bojinov could be just a few weeks away from resuming full training.

The Bulgarian striker has been out of action since rupturing his Achilles tendon in the warm-up at Villa Park on the opening day of the season. The desperately unlucky striker had looked in good form in pre-season after recovering from a cruciate injury that had forced him to miss virtually all of 2007/08, but according to Mark Hughes there are prospects of a possible return this season for the 22-year-old.

“Boji is working with the fitness coaches,” Hughes states, “he’s out on the training pitches every day but he’s not with the rest of the group because he is not quite there.

“We’re pleased with the way he has come back, he’s very strong around the injury. His cardiovascular work is down because he has missed so much training, so we’ll try to improve that part of him. We are hopeful that in the next two or three weeks he will be able to start in group sessions, and that we can get him back in February.”

Valeri’s countryman Martin Petrov will be absent for a while longer, but is also showing good signs in his recovery from a knee injury picked up while on international duty in October.

The Manager continues, “Martin is going to be a little bit longer, but he is a fit guy and given his physique and his frame I imagine he will get back to playing fitness very quickly.

“Ideally we would have both those players available, but they are well on the road to recovery.”

Also missing for a long time is Kelvin Etuhu, whose last appearance was in the 3-0 win over West Ham in August, and of his current status Mark concludes:

“It has been frustrating for him. He pulled his hamstring, then re-did it and then there was another issue which was not discovered until later on. It’s a shame that we have not been able to get him back sooner, but we feel we are on top of the cause of the injury but we are working to an end that we will get him back sooner rather than later as well.”

Second Bellamy bid turned down, 9m this time...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/t...utd/7825118.stm

You'll up it to 12m within 48hrs & we'll accept, mark my words... :o

I marked your words and your 48 hours are well and truly up. However, from skysports:-

Bellamy set for City talks

Hammers agree fee for Welshman

Sky Sports sources understand West Ham have given Craig Bellamy permission to speak to Manchester City.

Bellamy's future at Upton Park has been the subject of intense speculation over the last few days after West Ham rejected bids from City and Tottenham for the Welsh striker.

The former Liverpool and Newcastle star had asked the club to allow him to talk to City and Spurs after turning down the offer of a new deal at Upton Park.

Hammers boss Gianfranco Zola omitted Bellamy from his 18-man squad for Sunday's 3-1 victory over Fulham at Upton Park, increasing speculation that the Welshman is set to leave the East London outfit.

Tottenham boss Harry Redknapp conceded after Sunday's draw with Portsmouth that he feared he might lose out to City for Bellamy and Spurs are believed to have made a new bid for 28-year-old.

It now appears City have agreed a fee with West Ham for Bellamy as Mark Hughes looks to be reunited with a player he worked with during his time in charge of Blackburn and Wales.

Bellamy is expected to travel to Manchester to hold talks and undergo a medical as City look to tie up a deal for the forward.

Second Bellamy bid turned down, 9m this time...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/t...utd/7825118.stm

You'll up it to 12m within 48hrs & we'll accept, mark my words... :o

I marked your words and your 48 hours are well and truly up. However, from skysports:-

Bellamy set for City talks

Hammers agree fee for Welshman

Sky Sports sources understand West Ham have given Craig Bellamy permission to speak to Manchester City.

Bellamy's future at Upton Park has been the subject of intense speculation over the last few days after West Ham rejected bids from City and Tottenham for the Welsh striker.

The former Liverpool and Newcastle star had asked the club to allow him to talk to City and Spurs after turning down the offer of a new deal at Upton Park.

Hammers boss Gianfranco Zola omitted Bellamy from his 18-man squad for Sunday's 3-1 victory over Fulham at Upton Park, increasing speculation that the Welshman is set to leave the East London outfit.

Tottenham boss Harry Redknapp conceded after Sunday's draw with Portsmouth that he feared he might lose out to City for Bellamy and Spurs are believed to have made a new bid for 28-year-old.

It now appears City have agreed a fee with West Ham for Bellamy as Mark Hughes looks to be reunited with a player he worked with during his time in charge of Blackburn and Wales.

Bellamy is expected to travel to Manchester to hold talks and undergo a medical as City look to tie up a deal for the forward.

Alright, i was a couple of days out... :D

Good Player Bellamy no matter what anyone thinks of him personally, absolute Whore though who's only interested in $$ & liable to be injured some time soon..

Oh & you're paying FAR too much money for him but as you lot always seem to say these days, you've got loads of it anyway so you might be a Match Made in Heaven & suit each other ...