Manchester City

mrbojangles

1 hour ago, evadgib said:

The Gloat-a-thon is on hold for at least another week , by which time you'll be out of the champions league.

Most of us think we are already out of the CL (barring a miracle) and that's why we wanted Pep to put out his strongest 11.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jellydog said:

Brutal to watch that was. I feared Sterling's first half misses would haunt and they did. Tough spell for City lately but few teams go through a season without one.

Yeah, we should have been 5-0 by half time and along with the ref's help, we paid the price.

That challenge by Young on Aguero could have ended up a lot worse. Hope there isn't any after effects this morning

1 hour ago, RonniePickering22 said:

I doubt they will relish a trip to Wembley after the CL game. :post-4641-1156694572:

Believe it or not Ronnie, we never relish a trip to your lot. Why would we, your an exceptionally good team. Must admit, could have been an easier fixture list for these 2 weeks

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mrbojangles said:

Yeah, we should have been 5-0 by half time and along with the ref's help, we paid the price.

That challenge by Young on Aguero could have ended up a lot worse. Hope there isn't any after effects this morning

Aguero seemed to be OK, but you never know. Yeah, those Sterling misses could have sewn it up before half, but that's Raheem. You take the very bad with the good from him.

Talking like Spurs fans now, playing down your chances of CL. 

You guys for sure know you have massive chance with the firepower in your hands. 

You seem to missing the fact we are running out of players by the day! 

As a Spurs fan, i can only say we wrapped up CL qualification by

beating the Chavs last week, up until then, there were 5 teams

battling for it.

I also agree with you that if City get an early lead next week, panic 

could set in and Liverpool could crumble, with the way both sides

defend, this tie is certainly not over.

An away goal could well be needed. 

24 minutes ago, BangrakBob said:

You guys for sure know you have massive chance with the firepower in your hands. 

Indeed, but still a longshot. Now if Salah couldn't go I might be more hopeful.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

I felt the same way a few seasons ago when a goal 6 mins after the season had ended prevented MU/SAF holding the title for 5 consecutive years.

Thankfully this year MC have done it properly :smile:

54 minutes ago, evadgib said:

I felt the same way a few seasons ago when a goal 6 mins after the season had ended prevented MU/SAF holding the title for 5 consecutive years.

Joey Barton's fighting was the reason for the additional time. 6,7,8, extra minutes was the norm for United when SAF was manager.  What really stopped United winning the league was down to the drubbing we gave you at your gaff that season, not an extra few minutes of stoppage time for us in one match

• Like 1

1 hour ago, evadgib said:

Thankfully this year MC have done it properly :smile:

Where have you been all season, just popping up after your win?

Wasn't happy with the weakened team idea, though for 45 minutes we were exceptional. Still think Pep should have gone all out to win that, go in to Tuesday on a high to see if that had a positive affect and the Spurs games and thereafter wouldn't have been important and we could have experimented with youth and player combinations till the season end. Win what's in front of you and worry about the 2nd game up later.

We threw that away.

Now we have to see if we can get over the line.

2 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

I do hope you'll join us regulars on here and will post not only when you win na khrap.

TBH I don't usually bother posting but i do pop in now and again. I was hoping for a MU/MC champions league semi or final but i'll settle for 2nd or top 4 this year.

9 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

Surely a red card and penalty.  No: yellow card for Aguero for complaining he nearly had his leg broke. Ridiculous! 

3000.jpeg

• Like 1

What a match it was ! So many talking points. For example, how on earth did the refs miss that clear penalty for Man City in the second half ?! And, of course, what about that brilliant save by De Gea in the dying minutes of the match ?! One of the best-ever in the world, I think.

• Like 1

It was a brilliant save - think everyone thought it was going in - then moments later City hit the post. Game had a bit of everything.

On the Ashley Young shocker, here's Keith Hackett's opinion:
"...Ashley Young should already have conceded a penalty in the first half for a handball, but his challenge on Sergio Aguero in the second half was not only a nailed-on penalty, but also a definite red card for the United player. It was a shocker - reckless, out of control and a foul that endangered the opposing player. You could not get a clearer case for a sending-off and I simply do not understand how Martin did not see it as such. He also seemed to be cutting his assistant, Stephen Child, out of the decision-making process; given the positioning of Child, he should have made a point of consulting him..."

7 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

Wouldn't you be if you had a 3 goal deficit?

No but we've done it before, most recently Dortmund. If ever a team could peg back 3 goals it's City and if ever a team could give it you, it's Liverpool. Every chance for me.

19 hours ago, BangrakBob said:

Thats cobblers mate.  You are total favorites.  They are 3-0 down so what sensible fan isn't going to talk their chances down?  On the contrary, you are the one talking your chances down even though you are 3-0 up ifs, because you have some injuries!!!!  Doesn't wash i'm afraid.

And lets face it, Mane or Firmino, prolific divers, can con a penalty out of nothing and it'll be all over!!!  Touche Bob!!!

15 minutes ago, wilai said:

Apparently Mourinho was hit by a coin on Saturday....so it's not just the owners that throw money around at the Etihad:biggrin:

Dangerous and stupid as can cause much damage..............I remember playing in a game against Crawley Town in the late 60s and the hostile crowd were throwing pennies with sharpened edges at us. Frightening to say the least.

BUT did appreciate the quip about throwing money around!

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

That's a fairly high level. Who did you play for? 

Not such a high level in those days (although we did get paid for playing, surreptitiously of course) and it was in the Mithras Floodlight Cup and I played for Horsham FC.

Having said that I was lucky enough to have played against a Crystal Palace team on a couple of occasions (in friendlies) and played at the Goldstone ground (Brighton's old ground) on three occasions in Sussex Senior Cup finals in front of crowds of around 10,000. Also had the pleasure of playing alongside Marvin Hinton for a few games (great player even at 42 or thereabouts).

I was asked to go to QPR for some trials, however I was doing an apprenticeship at the time and didn't want to break it, and anyway I didn't think I was good enough, so I didn't go! 

Actually played until I was in my mid 40s (latterly in NZ), but gave it up after finally breaking my nose for the sixth time, this in conjunction with other injuries such as a broken leg, fractured pelvis, slipped disc, broken toe, torn cartilages and a few other injuries, so reckon I'd done my dash!

• Like 2