Slime Tyre Repair in Sri Racha !

tmaker

i thought saw a thread on tyre repair. but cannot find it. anyways .. just additional information.

http://slime.com/219/products/smart-spair-40013/

can be found in Sri Racha REAL SPEED SHOP.

it's about 300 mtrs or so OPPOSITE OF ROBINSON . it is on your right after Robinson if you're heading towards Bang saen .

it just sold out, so I guess they're only keeping minimal stock.

will be here in about a week's time.

They do have a much better repair system But I have not seen it here. It is in the U.S. & most tire shops(autos&trucks ) carry it. it is similar but has a lot of asbestos impregnated into a thicker slime kinda substance. It also will balance a tire excellent. Unfortunately I have asked tire shops here & don't know the Thai word for asbestos to see if they carry it. Lasts way longer than your tire tread will last.We used to use this compound for 4 wheeling in desolation wilderness in California as well. Best tire stuff in the world. Wish I could find it here. It would easily double for an answer why the scooter tires in LOS always lose their air. In the states I would have them pump it in the tires when they were new & never needed to balance the tires. It stays pliable throughout the life of the tire. I think Uniroyal uses the substance within the tires that seal themselves if punctured.

If anyone ever finds the stuff PLEASE POST where to get it. Bible material. I wanted to bring back a couple kilo's or 4lbs. of the stuff but TSA told me it is hazardous material & they will confiscate in a heartbeat! Drag The only way I could see it being hazardous if you wore it as a sunscreen or ate it.

We used it once to seal a fork that sliced into the top tread of the sidewall & it lasted over 2 years....till the tread was dead. It is that good. Slime is good but nowhere as guberous as the real stuff! I use slime in our mountain bike tubes but as pointed out it is not a permanent fix while the material I am talking about is. I am sure it would be costly. Must be 10X the weight of slime & the export import tax in this country & the states would be steep. But I would pay the digit to save a new tire that has to big a puncture to fix over any of the other methods used to fix the tire.

Edited by Beardog

They do have a much better repair system But I have not seen it here. It is in the U.S. & most tire shops(autos&trucks ) carry it. it is similar but has a lot of asbestos impregnated into a thicker slime kinda substance. It also will balance a tire excellent. Unfortunately I have asked tire shops here & don't know the Thai word for asbestos to see if they carry it. Lasts way longer than your tire tread will last.We used to use this compound for 4 wheeling in desolation wilderness in California as well. Best tire stuff in the world. Wish I could find it here. It would easily double for an answer why the scooter tires in LOS always lose their air. In the states I would have them pump it in the tires when they were new & never needed to balance the tires. It stays pliable throughout the life of the tire. I think Uniroyal uses the substance within the tires that seal themselves if punctured.

If anyone ever finds the stuff PLEASE POST where to get it. Bible material. I wanted to bring back a couple kilo's or 4lbs. of the stuff but TSA told me it is hazardous material & they will confiscate in a heartbeat! Drag The only way I could see it being hazardous if you wore it as a sunscreen or ate it.

We used it once to seal a fork that sliced into the top tread of the sidewall & it lasted over 2 years....till the tread was dead. It is that good. Slime is good but nowhere as guberous as the real stuff! I use slime in our mountain bike tubes but as pointed out it is not a permanent fix while the material I am talking about is. I am sure it would be costly. Must be 10X the weight of slime & the export import tax in this country & the states would be steep. But I would pay the digit to save a new tire that has to big a puncture to fix over any of the other methods used to fix the tire.

it's 2,000 B. and of cos it's for temporary measure.

not sure if it's expensive but for the peace of mind. it's ok.

i do not want to be stuck in the middle of nowhere with a heavy bike. , since i'll be changing to a 600 cc by the end of this month.

This is what I have. I've had it for 5 years and not had to use it once! But in my 4 years in Pattaya I've had about 18 to 20 punctures...and luckily always near a bike repair shop. Why bother doing it yourself when it's so cheap to get someone else to do it. But one day I'll be out in the sticks.......

post-63954-0-44600700-1414069217_thumb.j