The garish new fake western style building on the Tappraya Road hill

Jingthing

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thousands of TV members with cell phone cameras and no one can take a picture of this "garish-new-fake-western-style-building" so we all can decide what is exactly garish and not just go by Jingthing's opinion

So you don't think I know what GARISH looks like? post-4641-1156694572.gif

post-37101-0-81896000-1444407540_thumb.j

I'm going to say something nice about WILLIAMS RESTAURANT now.

As I've said I have looked at their menu a few times and found it very unclear.

Well I found their menu on foodpanda and that menu, while not without some weirdness, is much more clear.

It's more clear now not only is this a Middle Eastern oriented restaurant, more specifically it's a LEBANESE restaurant. Which is a good thing.

Maybe they have made their in house restaurant menu more clear by now, but somehow I doubt it.

So here is the foodpanda menu:

https://www.foodpanda.co.th/restaurant/t8eo/william-s-restaurant-pattaya

Aren't the prices a little higher on foodpanda than actual restaurants? I don't know, just asking.

Just a thought ... why don't they change their name before it's too late? Williams Schmilliams. Sounds like a greasy spoon diner in HOBOKEN New Jersey!

How about Mediterranean Delights?

Edited by Jingthing

How about Mediterranean Delights?

smile.png That would certainly attract a certain clientèle.

I see your point. The owners were going for a family restaurant probably with Russian families in mind but the name they chose doesn't even give a clue about their most distinctive feature ... that they've got an extensive Lebanese menu.

• 2 months later...

Yes, the new place is so good and cheap:

http://www.aubergedepierre.com

One time they were doing a Moroccan couscous platter on special, not cheap, and I asked them if they had harissa sauce and they said no, so I didn't bother with it.

Not exactly on topic but I had a nice couscous more than once at Stroganoff II on Pratumnak. They did have Harissa (or something very similar).

It seems to have changed hands and has renamed itself Auberge de Pierre, and the menu which used to be about 400B for 4 decent courses in traditional French bistro style now seems to be nearly 800B.

Well, the garish "mall" still looks as empty as ever.

I don't see any reason to even bother trying the Middle Eastern food at Williams.

Plenty of good places for that in Pattaya without stopping on Russian Hill.

The name turns me off too.

Like I wouldn't be excited about trying a Mexican restaurant called Smith.

Edited by Jingthing

• 4 months later...

William's "Family" Restaurant has a big FOR SALE sign.

Reason posted on sign: FOR GOOD!

Now, that's funny.

Only question I have is what took them so long.

The other big front space that has seemed to be developing for a long time now, still is not happening.

Otherwise, the place looks deserted but not sure, nothing to draw me in even to look.

Wow!

I wasn't optimistic ... but this place takes the cake.

That's for the women to use. The men go into the other one as they wont sit together and there might be infidels who will ravish their women with their eyes. Welcome to the stoneage.

Yeah, I'm sure you're right. It's a Muslim culture thing. Not Russian.

William's "Family" Restaurant has a big FOR SALE sign.

Reason posted on sign: FOR GOOD!

Now, that's funny.

Only question I have is what took them so long.

The other big front space that has seemed to be developing for a long time now, still is not happening.

Otherwise, the place looks deserted but not sure, nothing to draw me in even to look.

Wow!

I wasn't optimistic ... but this place takes the cake.

The Citrus place at the bottom of that complex is quite prominent on Eatigo, which presumably means it isn't very busy either.

Can't help but feel sorry for the people who open these places though.

Edited by KittenKong

OK, a small update on this.

They've got a few occupants now.

Some kind of tourist adventure game thing ... don't know what it is and don't care.

At the front, kind of featured is a very large restaurant WILLIAMS CAFE and RESTAURANT.

It features a family entrance ... that's kind of weird, what is it a Chucky Cheese?

Obviously geared to a generic mix of international tourists with a Thai and western food.

It's hard to imagine the food would be exceptional.

Then there is some kind of small Country Music Beer garden concept they're starting in the center court.

So far, I can't say I'm excited or impressed! (Or would even get off the baht bus to check it out!)

Hopefully more later.

A lot of empty units!

That is by pattaya park soi.

Game is kind of labyrinth u need to go through.

Im there everyday.

That resteurant and game shop always empty. I give them 6 months before they shut down

Sent from my SM-A800F using Tapatalk

Well Williams is for sale and I don't think it's because the owners have created a smash hit and want to cash out. whistling.gif

The odd thing to me is that I think there are some kinds of businesses that could work in the location, assuming the rent isn't too damned high, which I reckon it is.

Like what's up with the nearby Manhattan's restaurant space? It's been empty for many YEARS now. Why don't owners just lower the rent? Surely better than nothing? crazy.gif

Edited by Jingthing

Like what's up with the nearby Manhattan's restaurant space? It's been empty for many YEARS now. Why don't owners just lower the rent? Surely better than nothing? crazy.gif

To lower the rent would cause the owner to lose face. To a Thai it's preferable to lose millions in rent.

Shenanigans in Jomtien Complex has also been empty since Jan 1 when it closed. Will they drop the rent? Unlikely.

To lower the rent would cause the owner to lose face. To a Thai it's preferable to lose millions in rent.

Shenanigans in Jomtien Complex has also been empty since Jan 1 when it closed. Will they drop the rent? Unlikely.

Sheesh,

Dont you understand that the rent and key money increases in accordance with and two percentage points above the yearly percentage increase in tourist numbers.

No wonder none of you can make money.

• 2 weeks later...

OK. Finally there's a new business opening there. A high end spa in the other prominent front space as Williams.

Makes sense for that space but boring to me.

There are 13 massage and spa places from the top of Pattaya Park soi to the market at the bottom, that will make 14, I counted them as I walked down it the other day,high end? should do well, not.........as most of the tourists around there are low end