Thailand: Switzerland leads 10 best countries for expats - here is the list

webfact

Switzerland leads 10 best countries for expats - here is the list

BANGKOK: -- Expat love Switzerland and nine other countries. What would be your country of choice when living abroad. Read this article and find out the latest top 10 list.

Expat Explorer League Table 2014

1. Switzerland
2. Singapore
3. China
4. Germany
5. Bahrain
6. New Zealand
7. Thailand
8. Taiwan
9. India
10. Hong Kong

The survey reveals that expats living in Switzerland enjoy the best of expat life, with the country ranking first out of 34 countries.

From a financial wellbeing perspective, Switzerland emerges as a destination to advance career prospects and receive a healthy salary while also maintaining a good work/life balance. One quarter (25%) of expats in Switzerland earn more than USD200,000 p.a., yet over half (51%) report a better work/life balance since moving.

Expats in Switzerland also have a lot of confidence in the local economy, with almost half (47%) saying they are very satisfied with the state of the local economy - the highest proportion for any country included in this year's survey.

Many expats in Switzerland comment on the country's high quality of air and pleasant surroundings, with three-quarters (75%) agreeing that this is an improvement on their home country.

Expat parents also report that Switzerland offers benefits for families too, believing their offspring are now safer (81%), enjoy a better quality of life (77%) and receive a better education (65%).

Asia: a hotspot for high-earning expats

Asia emerges from this year's survey as the best region for financial wellbeing, with nearly one fifth (19%) of expats earning over USD200,000 p.a. and 65% saying they have more disposable income since relocating.

China is home to the largest proportion of high-earning expats in the world - nearly two-fifths (38%) earn over USD200,000 p.a and over three quarters (76%) have more disposable income than they did at home.

Elsewhere in Asia, around a quarter of expats in India (24%) and Hong Kong (23%) earn over the USD200,000 p.a. mark, with 56% and 63% respectively saying they have greater disposable income than before.

Full story: http://www.eturbonews.com/51725/switzerland-leads-10-best-countries-expats-here-list

-- eTN2014-10-22

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I left the place after 40 years and only miss a few things.

But they do make exceedingly good chocolate …

Teuscher Chocolates of Switzerland (The best Swiss Chocolate) & Cocoa Lounge - Thailand

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/sunday/Chocolate-to-die-for-30242663.html

Edited by thailiketoo

My two cents reply can be found on Tripadvisor on Thailand ...

http://www.tripadvisor.com.au/ShowTopic-g1566927-i18413-k4311650-What_to_do_where_to_go-Bang_Saphan_Prachuap_Khiri_Khan_Province.html#61992414

I have had enough and only making waves will things change as they have in every other country that protested. Thailand only understand MONETARY LOSSES as a protest . They must learn to be more open. What is wrong with being fair?

1,2,4,5,6 and number 10 you need a stack of cash to live in or a very good job to support yourself. I considered living in China myself and the price was right, women right etc but just felt uneasy about the Communist rule. Some of the stories i was told about what had happened to people's relatives there were pretty horrific, so here i am in number 7 for better or worse !

• Like 1

Apples and oranges!!coffee1.gif

I don't think Switzerland grows oranges or apples. Imported from Spain and Turkey.

Mhhh … oranges no … apples lots of varieties … I miss them.

Switzerland: Great for rich peops (quality peops, in Thai slang …)

Thailand: Great for poor peops (losers, alcoholics, womanizers …)

lol

• Like 1

Ex-pats from where? Thai ex-pats living in Switzerland? What a ridiculous OP.

I'd like to know of a Thai ex-pat earning $200,000 plus in Switzerland.

Or are all farang considered as equal ex-pats, form some caucasionally populated cuntry?

Ohhh! I SEE... now... Thailand ranks itself 7th in the world list of FARANG best places to live and earn a good living.

Go shove it up your a*ss8ole !! bah.gif

I left the place after 40 years and only miss a few things.

But they do make exceedingly good chocolate …

Also launder money well.

The list could read for the best places to hide your ill gotten money.

Sent from my LG-D858

I'm being forced to defend my country. There are plenty of places that are much much better than Switzerland for laundering money. Google it, you won't find Switzerland in there.

I think you mean before the USA forced Switzerland to comply with US law.

Feb. 19 (Bloomberg) -- The U.S. government sued UBS AG, Switzerland’s largest bank, to try to force disclosure of the identities of as many as 52,000 American customers who allegedly hid their secret Swiss accounts from U.S. tax authorities.

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=newsarchive&sid=axZmpp36b_OA

The current crackdown on offshore accounts began in earnest in 2009. UBS Bank, Switzerland’s largest, avoided prosecution by admitting it encouraged tax evasion and paying a $780 million criminal fine.

Edited by thailiketoo