Koh Tao: Prosecutors unfazed by retraction of confession in British tourists' killing

webfact

• Replies 616
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So, it's full speed ahead with the railroading of the two scapegoats, despite all the red flags being raised.

Hopefully, the British investigators will be able to thoroughly derail this debacle.

Yes full speed ahead to a trial with their experience lawyers and investigators from their country and the UK watching as well as the press putting the case under a microscope.

So, it's full speed ahead with the railroading of the two scapegoats, despite all the red flags being raised.

Hopefully, the British investigators will be able to thoroughly derail this debacle.

UK observers.

I think it would be very easy for the BiB to pull the wool over the Brit police eyes. The land of smiles and it takes a while before you see behind that smile .....

But not Facebook or Thaivisa posters who have no access to see any evidence in context at this point cheesy.gifcrazy.gif

Are you then saying that you have access to the evidence?

Confessions are recanted in every country. It doesn't mean the confession is gone. It means the judges will weigh the confessions against the recantation.

Please see JLCrab's posts on what the UK police can do.

where is it ?

• Like 1

Perhaps our 'Dear Leader' should consult his fortune tellers for advice as to how to handle this monumental cock up.

Like Ron and Nancy Reagan? I remember when Nancy assured the voters that the fortune teller did not decide policy, only the timing. Classic.

• Like 1

Confessions are recanted in every country. It doesn't mean the confession is gone. It means the judges will weigh the confessions against the recantation.

where is it ?
Look his profile up. Find content. Scroll.

A post containing defamatory content from a facebook page has been removed:

6) You will not post comments that could be reasonably construed as defamation or libel.

Defamation is the issuance of a statement about another person or business which causes that person to suffer harm. It does not have to be false to be defamatory. Libel is when the defamatory statement is published either in a drawing, painting, cinematography, film, picture or letters made visible by any means, or any other recording instruments, recording picture or letters, or by broadcasting or spreading picture, or by propagation by any other means. Defamation is both a civil and criminal charge in Thailand.

Another post lobbying for donations has been removed:

22) Members are forbidden to ask for or accept donations, gifts or commissions from other members, any charities must contact support for approval before joining. http://www.thaivisa.com/contact

Nonsense speculation post regarding duplicate accounts has been removed as well as the replies.

Edited by metisdead

where is it ?
Look his profile up. Find content. Scroll.

This is the 2012 FCO MOU entitled Murder of ... British Nationals Abroad

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/141958/mou-fco-acpo-coroners.pdf

• Like 2

"public prosecutors have been focusing on evidence and witnesses, not the confession.:

that is because the nice Police and the bar owners Paiyabaans, have given WITNESS statements that is needed to convict. Despite the fact no one actually came forward as a witness before.

No wonder the world is looking at this and I hope this really closes down QUALITY tourists from coming here - everyone apart from Chinese and Koreans. And no thai I know wants these tourists either. they are mean with their money.

"public prosecutors have been focusing on evidence and witnesses, not the confession.:

that is because the nice Police and the bar owners Paiyabaans, have given WITNESS statements that is needed to convict. Despite the fact no one actually came forward as a witness before.

No wonder the world is looking at this and I hope this really closes down QUALITY tourists from coming here - everyone apart from Chinese and Koreans. And no thai I know wants these tourists either. they are mean with their money.

Nurses have given witness statements?

• Like 1

UK observers.
Who happen to be investigators, whose career is all about investigating crime, sifting for lies, half truths and flaws in a suspects story, I'm sure they'll put all this aside while here.

They may not be able to change anything being done here, but they can still search for the truth.

If that happens to be as the BIB say it is, all well and good, kudos to them for solving the crime.

However if not, I doubt the british investigators (for that is what they are) will not voice their doubts back home.

See post 73.

They will observe

They will not be reinvestigating.

This is based on international law / treaty and UK law.

They will not unofficially either.

I do expect them to see the DNA results. They will not be able to independently verify results.

I do expect them to meet the suspects.

Not much else they can do other than look at photos.

So in other words....

It will come down to the DNA, and no one but the RTP will be able to double check it. sad.png

Looks like they're going to get their men, with a water tight DNA match. :( Same as always, the Thais win, the foreigners lose, and don't you ever forget it.

They will not unofficially either.

I do expect them to see the DNA results. They will not be able to independently verify results.

I do expect them to meet the suspects.

Not much else they can do other than look at photos.

I hope for the sake of justice, truth and the integrity of this trial you are wrong.

There is a strong feeling amongst Thais and non Thais that a cover up is taking place. I don't share this to be honest as even the BIB could not be stupid enough to try and rig DNA results.

However, there has to be some independent confirmation of the results or they will not be believed by those who feel there is a cover up. The BIB's history of corruption and cover ups unfortunately means they are not trusted.

The British and Burmese investigators will be aware of this.

Edited by Bluespunk
  • Like 1

So in other words....

It will come down to the DNA, and no one but the RTP will be able to double check it. sad.png

Looks like they're going to get their men, with a water tight DNA match. :( Same as always, the Thais win, the foreigners lose, and don't you ever forget it.

You seem to be assuming that even a re-test would yield different results.

All hopes are that the Brits got their own DNA samples and this would put the lives of two Burmese out of danger if they are really innocent, but it's as far as this case will go. The real killers will never be catched.

Where can they get the original samples and not planted ones?

So in other words....

Looks like they're going to get their men, with a water tight DNA match. sad.png Same as always, the Thais win, the foreigners lose, and don't you ever forget it.

I most certainly am.

I don't think that anybody really believe the 2 Burmese boy's DNA was in and on the victim's body.

If no one but the RTP are allowed to test the DNA and submit the results to the courts with no governing body or independent investigation allowed then they have complete control of the DNA what the results show.

An extra aspect is that (and I could be wrong) the 2 suspects voluntarily gave their DNA samples very early, within a day or two at the first round up of Burmese labourers and were not matched then.

If the DNA from the semen was really a match to one of these lads, the RTP would be tripping over themselves to get the British police to test it themselves, to show off how they have solved the case.

No one in Thailand trusts the Thai police, without being a bit dumb, I suppose.

It cannot happen, but the only way to get the real results would be for the British to have been able to get a sample themselves from the bodies when they arrived back in the UK, and to independently DNA the suspects, then to observe the RTP test every person believed to have been on the island that night, Knobsod included. Impossible to happen, but as we all know, the RTP don't want this case solved, they want it finished with 2 non-Thais found guilty.

So in other words....

Looks like they're going to get their men, with a water tight DNA match. sad.png Same as always, the Thais win, the foreigners lose, and don't you ever forget it.

Maybe not. Since this a high profile case with many people believing a injustice and the fact that the UK has sent a team over to observe, for the sake of transparency, why not?

Would be final and all this nit picking here and in the public domain would stop!

• Like 2

As no DNA was sent to a independent tester it seems that any DNA they want to match will. I mean if these boys DNA ends up matching how can they explain the fact there is a photo of them in line at the beginning of the case when they were testing all the Burmese workers and no match came up.

Then the case went in circles for a week or two and then some DNA was found at the scene that then matched theirs.

I know there has been a lot of conspiracy stuff on this case but this case stinks.

People are saying these boys are too small to kill David and then others argue that if they hit him on the back of the head that would be enough. So why the puncture wound injuries around his chin and right side of his face?

Remember that he was then dragged to the sea. Why would Hannah not of ran or screamed? People are saying she was drugged. Well the Burmese boys said they were watching her and David getting cosy on the beach so that seems to veto that explanation.

Anyway irrelevant of the finer details of this case one thing is for sure is that there is something fishy going on!!

The concept of logic is not one embraced by Thai people on the whole.

• Like 1

And as one of his fellow female students, would you not think if that he was not in his classes as reported, they would make a public statement to the contrary. Are they not disgusted by the violence and totally degrading way in which the victim was treated and murdered?

At Least two violent rapists and murders are on the streets and one could be sat next to you in a lecture....are you not concerned? have you no shame? or is money too important and buys your silence and more importantly , your morals?

JDINASIA here is a question for you ************

As a foreign teacher in Thailand due you think the BKK university should be made to come out and confirm Non Sods alibi as posed by his lawyer. " Attended class and exams on the 13th-15th September and there is paperwork to prove this".

If one of your students was being targeted as a murderer and a rapist and you as a teacher had the chance to confirm his alibi and clear his name and get the whole world off of his back would you help that student. Would you confirm his alibi. If not why not. As a teacher due you not have a duty of care to help protect an innocent student.

For the life of me I can not understand why the lawyer of an innocent man voluntarily came out with an alibi. No police were asking him for one and why now won't the BKK university simply come out and confirm his alibi... It all seems really strange and I would love to hear your teachers perspective...