Penang From Bangkok

Guest Froggy

Guest Froggy

Hi Guys!

I'm gonna get Married soon in Thailand and will apply for a Multiple Entries Visa outside the country!

During my stay in Thailand, I'll be at the NorthEast of Thailand!

So I would like to know if there's another Thai Embassy that they allow easily a Multiple Entries Visa when You're Married to a Thai Citizen?

For the more suggested place, Penang, I would like to know what's the cheapest way to reach there from Bangkok and how much it can cost!

Thanks for All guys!

Froggy

You have been worried enough about getting the visa in Penang. You could try Vientiane as that is close. If you make that trip would advise having wife with you. And yes; if you really have a bad day you can receive a 30 day stamp to return.

For Penang cheapest would probably be bus to Hat Yai and then mini bus to Penang. Don't know price of cheap bus but best (VIP) are probably about 6-800 baht each way and mini bus about 2-250 each way. Most people take overnight train direct to Butterworth and then ferry across to island of Penang. Think it would be in the 1,000 baht range with a/c sleeper and about half if just seats. You can ask at train station or check on a Google search. Hotels range about the same as Bangkok in price (although not as good value IMO).

Guest Froggy

Thanks lopburi3!

I will definitly go to Penang!

I was just trying to compare if it was more expansive the the airplane!

So I will reach there by Train for sure from Bangkok!

Thanks!

Froggy

I just made the Penang run with my wife last month. The VIP bus from BKK to Hat Yai and mini-bus from Hat Yai to Penang were about 2000b for the two of us. We bought tickets all the way to Penang at the Southern Bus Terminal in BKK (Actually in Thonburi). We could have saved about 300b if we purchased our Minibus tickets in Hat Yai instead of in BKK.

We returned by train - 2000b for two 2nd class sleeper tickets. It was a little slower, but MUCH more comfortable.