24-year-old British woman dies at beauty treatment clinic in Bangkok

webfact

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

""Anesthesic doctor said before undergoing general anesthesia, she was asked to inform the doctor about all other medication that she has taken. In this case, a doctor said she might not inform."

And

"Authorities speculate the deceased woman ate a meal prior to receiving anaesthetic, which caused complications resulting in her death. Her body has been submitted for forensic examination."

Appears to be a concerted effort taking place to blame the victim in this case.

Seems that the medical profession is the same the world over.

Deny, deny, deny

Blame, blame, blame

Read the previously posted blog about this clinic. He should have been banned and de-licensed years ago.

The Dr is named and the clinic identified???!!!

If anyone happens to know, what is the name of the clinic?

Is it SP Clinic?

If so, it looks like his reputation is somewhat well identified...http://spclinicdangeroursdrsompobwarning.blogspot.com/2011/12/sp-clinic-warning-botched-surgeries-by.html

I read the link. One pissed off customer however i say one because it is the same person. also it is clear that whomever is writing it all is plugging some other guy for business a Dr Pitch

At the bottom of the site, you will notice some comments referring to the following link

http://www.sp-cosmeticsurgery.com/?p=14968

Good heads up. Passed on to FCO.

"But Brits are raised on the fable of a competent properly-funded well-equipped patient-focused national health-service, they ought to know better, and be just a tad more cynical/worldly".

Oh! to be wise after the event!............. and what's this "...they ought to know better..." The girl was 24 for gods sake and her looks were probably all she thought about and it has absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with the NHS. Yet another poster who equates all of Britain with one poor unfortunate incident.

there are TONNES of posts all over the net warning about healthcare in Thailand....anyone thinking of having stuff done should do as much research as possible. she may have been waiting in a queue in UK or something like that - just speculation at present, but others need to heed this warning and seriously consider what they are doing.

...and there are most likely many, many more satisfied patients that have had successful surgery in Thailand. I doubt if you would hear many negative stories from farang who have made Thailand their home. I am one example and I cannot speak highly enough of the hospital, surgical team and nurses where I had treatment. However, the food was bloody awful. bah.gif

"Sompob Sansiri, the doctor who performed the operations, was not certified for cosmetic surgery"

For some reason the local news fail to mention that the Dr was uncertified, just that he was charged for negligence. Well in a way it is kind of the same thing. However I doubt that it will help Thailands reputation as an affordable cosmetic "hub" if question start arising if their surgens are certified.

http://www.nst.com.my/node/45743

Just saw something on a 6pm UK based News Bulletin. The lady (RIP) receiving the "elective beauty treatment" was having work don't on her "tail bone" - it was also reported that when she died she had a 3 inch incision in the region of her lower spine. Hardly just an quick Botox treatment. Something like this (basically bone surgery on her spine) shouldn't be done in a Clinic somewhere in North Bangkok (late at night - if local reporting is correct) - I know that beauty / body contorting procedures are not covered by the NHS but this sounds like a rather major procedure which should have been done in one of Thailand's many first class hospitals - where if something went wrong (possibly an adverse reaction to the anaesthetic) she could have been rapidly moved to a fully equipped and operational intensive care and trauma unit.

Very sad - medical tourism (an important niche market for Thailand) - gone horridly wrong - my condolences to friends and family.

British/Thai relations are surely getting put to the test.

Your earlier comment along lines

"Drop dead beautiful.......and I can't understand why people cannot be content etc....."

Your the one that test relationships.....the ones that think before they type and your group

very sad.

but why would someone from the UK go to thailand for surgery? we have the NHS; high quality medical care and free.

Not too sure the NHS will cover cosmetic surgery laugh.png

Cosmetic Surgery is not free on the NHS, You may even be asked to pay for some procedures. Scans, anesthetists. Because some Doctors surgery's are are fund holders .its about money. and budget.

Edited by Thongkorn

very sad.

but why would someone from the UK go to thailand for surgery? we have the NHS; high quality medical care and free.

Not too sure the NHS will cover cosmetic surgery laugh.png

Cosmetic Surgery is not free on the NHS, You may even be asked to pay for some procedures. Scans, anesthetists. Because some Doctors surgery's are are fund holders .its about money. and budget.

I ask again - precisely what procedure was she having? - it appears to have been on her Coccyx - Some procedures are available on the NHS, but there may have sen a long wait as it would not have been high priority.

"But Brits are raised on the fable of a competent properly-funded well-equipped patient-focused national health-service, they ought to know better, and be just a tad more cynical/worldly".

Oh! to be wise after the event!............. and what's this "...they ought to know better..." The girl was 24 for gods sake and her looks were probably all she thought about and it has absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with the NHS. Yet another poster who equates all of Britain with one poor unfortunate incident.

there are TONNES of posts all over the net warning about healthcare in Thailand....anyone thinking of having stuff done should do as much research as possible. she may have been waiting in a queue in UK or something like that - just speculation at present, but others need to heed this warning and seriously consider what they are doing.

...and there are most likely many, many more satisfied patients that have had successful surgery in Thailand. I doubt if you would hear many negative stories from farang who have made Thailand their home. I am one example and I cannot speak highly enough of the hospital, surgical team and nurses where I had treatment. However, the food was bloody awful. bah.gif

Have to say that seems to be a very naive attitude. Of course tree are loads of "satisfied" patients - in ANY healthcare industry the majority of people come out the other end "relived" - of course they have no way of knowing if everything went smoothly or even that they got the most appropriate treatment.

As for those living in Thailand - I live and work in Thailand and frequently in healthcare, which is precisely why I would NEVER purposely have any serious treatment on a voluntary basis in this country.

just look at those who elect to come here - it's either from a country where the healthcare system is in crisis or very expensive of for non-essential procedures or they live here and have no option - most are also very uneducated she it comes to healthcare and suffer from an extraordinary blind faith in what they perceive as "doctors"

If you have a problem get treated at HOME! it may cost more - unless you are from Europe, but you'll be much safer.

Edited by wilcopops

CRIME
Cosmetic surgery clinic suspended after a British died during operation

BANGKOK: -- Public Health ministry on Friday suspended a cosmetic surgery clinic in Bangkok for two months pending investigation into a death of a British woman who died during an operation.

Dr Boonrueng Trairuangworawat, director general of Health Service Support department said that initial investigation found that the clinic and the doctors of SP Clinic in Soi Lardprao 41/1 have license and permits.

The preliminary autopsy on the 24-year-old Briton found that she died of heart and circulatory system failure. The full autopsy’s results will be known within one or two weeks.

Police have charged the doctor who operated on the victim with recklessness that resulted in deaths. Police then detained the doctor and he can apply for bail.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/national/Cosmetic-surgery-clinic-suspended-after-a-British--30246189.html

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2014-10-24

• Like 1

I actually had eyelid surgery at SP Clinic last Tuesday one week prior to this death.

The doctor was very good about preparing me for surgery and advising me about my options for sedation. I had a long and detailed consultation with him. I chose a mild sedative and local anesthesia. I was awake and watching the entire operation. My pulse and blood pressure were closely monitored. I was going to have a second procedure done ,but he was worried that my blood pressre was very high from my anxiety and he made me come back two days later to do the other procedure. That was Thursday. He took all precautions and gave me correct sedation and a anti anxiety Med as well as local numbing shots. The surgery lasted two hours and he never rushed me or took risks. I went back on Tuesday this week to have my stitches removed and he was great and took his time.

I have tried calling all day to the clinic and really hope this was a terrible accident and no negligence on either doctor or patient. He is very educated and has many patients from all over the world. My Japanese friend had the same surgeries I had all at once due to her BP being low. She says she experienced the same as I did. Professional... Clean... and no bad side effects.

Very scary to read this today.

We both denied full sleeping after Joan Rivers death. Too many chances for complications with general anesthesia.

RIP

as chief of the clinic,

he is not just for surgery, no, he is for the complete procedure responsible !

He is responsible, even if a mistake might be come from the anasthesist;

Have to say that seems to be a very naive attitude. Of course tree are loads of "satisfied" patients - in ANY healthcare industry the majority of people come out the other end "relived" - of course they have no way of knowing if everything went smoothly or even that they got the most appropriate treatment.

As for those living in Thailand - I live and work in Thailand and frequently in healthcare, which is precisely why I would NEVER purposely have any serious treatment on a voluntary basis in this country.

just look at those who elect to come here - it's either from a country where the healthcare system is in crisis or very expensive of for non-essential procedures or they live here and have no option - most are also very uneducated she it comes to healthcare and suffer from an extraordinary blind faith in what they perceive as "doctors"

If you have a problem get treated at HOME! it may cost more - unless you are from Europe, but you'll be much safer.

How you equate being "...very naive..." with giving a truthful account of one particular procedure beats the hell out of me. Surely if you live and work in Thailand this is your HOME! It is home for me and I would not hesitate for one minute to be admitted into any of the hospitals I have dealt with thus far. Your rather condescending remarks about being uneducated etc etc. give me the impression you are trying to make Thailand into something it is not. If things are that bad for you I think it's time for you to leave HOME and go to that other HOME you have.

At 11 pm at night there may be the possibility that there was alcohol in her blood stream when the anesthetic was administered...not a good combination.

Or maybe she's not an expat barfly and doesn't drink to schedule, especially when she's got an operation in a few hours time. Sorry!
  • Like 2

"Sompob Sansiri, the doctor who performed the operations, was not certified for cosmetic surgery"

For some reason the local news fail to mention that the Dr was uncertified, just that he was charged for negligence. Well in a way it is kind of the same thing. However I doubt that it will help Thailands reputation as an affordable cosmetic "hub" if question start arising if their surgens are certified.

http://www.nst.com.my/node/45743

He had tons of diplomas and certificates on his,walls from Cosmetic Surgery schools.

It's no uncommon for people to die when having general anesthetic. People die all over the world this way, every day of the week. Best to wait until this is investigated before jumping to conclusions, as many on here are. It could well just be a tragic accident.

Edited my post because I felt bad over her family loss . RIP to the lady .

Edited by Billy The Kid
  • Like 1

"How you equate being "...very naive..." with giving a truthful account of one particular procedure beats the hell out of me. Surely if you live and work in Thailand this is your HOME! It is home for me and I would not hesitate for one minute to be admitted into any of the hospitals I have dealt with thus far. Your rather condescending remarks about being uneducated etc etc. give me the impression you are trying to make Thailand into something it is not. If things are that bad for you I think it's time for you to leave HOME and go to that other HOME you have."

The fact that you have made subjective judgements indicates how naive you have been. The fact that you wouldn't hesitate to be admitted to "any of the hospitals"shows how naive you are, and she I'm in need of medical care, I want to get there best and most reliable regardless of where I happen to be....I first came to Thailand in 1994, it's my place of work and I've grown out of viewing the place through rose tinted spectacles of ignorance a long time ago.......it looks like you need a dose of healthcare negligence to bring yourself out of the mists of la-la land...and a very naive definition of "home".

• Like 2

RIP. Brits and Burmese should think twice before coming to Thailand.

Hello!!!!.... somebody has died tragically and their family will be traumatized..... Think before you pass comment or better still just don't bother!

RIP little girl.

RIP little lady !

So sad !

to the forum :

This posts are not written to her parents and family;

This is a forum where everyone should ba able to post his minds ,

BUT taken care on the rules of The TV and the Junta, they not allow ............

It's no uncommon for people to die when having general anesthetic. People die all over the world this way, every day of the week. Best to wait until this is investigated before jumping to conclusions, as many on here are. It could well just be a tragic accident.

• Like 1

drop dead beautiful....

what a tragedy, that people cannot live with the way they are.

Freedom of choice is up to the individual.

Teeth whitening, hair transplants and coloring to rid one of the grey. Botox injections or false eyelashes.

Gain weight or loose weight. Tone up the muscles or have plastic surgery to modify the nose. Who decides what is tragic? It's none of it is my business and I am not qualified to assign tragedy status for decisions other people make.

I don't know if there were any contributing factors that lead up to this ladies death.

RIP Dear Lady.

Live and Let Live

Edited by Benmart
  • Like 2