Appetite inhibitors tablets

filgerman2014

I am no expert but here's what works for me:

1. Closely monitor your caloric intake for a few weeks.

2. Also monitor how many kilometers a day you walk, or how many minutes you do more vigorous exercise. This will allow you to track how many calories you are burning.

3. Slowly increase the exercise (this is going to make you hungry) and slowly decrease the calories you are consuming.

4. Completely remove any added sugar from your diet. Beer carbs turn into sugar once in the body, so you need to eliminate alcohol as well.

It takes about 18 months but you should be able to attain your desired weight unless you are seriously overweight now.

FYI - I've been told that once you reach a certain age no amount of walking or other gentle exercise is going to speed up your metabolism. You need weight lifting for that, or something similar. I don't not know if this is true.

I read an article about the actor Mark Walberg yesterday. He lost 60 pounds for a role by going on a liquid diet and jumping rope for 2-3 hours per day. He went from 197 pounds to 137 pounds, but I am not sure how long this took. That takes incredible will power.

2. Also monitor how many kilometers a day you walk, or how many minutes you do more vigorous exercise. This will allow you to track how many calories you are burning.

3. Slowly increase the exercise (this is going to make you hungry) and slowly decrease the calories you are consuming.

4. Completely remove any added sugar from your diet. Beer carbs turn into sugar once in the body, so you need to eliminate alcohol as well.

It takes about 18 months but you should be able to attain your desired weight unless you are seriously overweight now.

FYI - I've been told that once you reach a certain age no amount of walking or other gentle exercise is going to speed up your metabolism. You need weight lifting for that, or something similar. I don't not know if this is true.

I read an article about the actor Mark Walberg yesterday. He lost 60 pounds for a role by going on a liquid diet and jumping rope for 2-3 hours per day. He went from 197 pounds to 137 pounds, but I am not sure how long this took. That takes incredible will power.

On the exercising I might add that there have been studies that say swimming is an excellent exercise but many people tend to eat to much to replace the energy spent. For exercising to build muscle I was wondering if isometrics would work.

• Like 1

Garcinia Cambogia.

Cheap in Thailand.

A month's supply cost me about 150 baht. I know so cheap!

I have lost about 50 pounds and KEPT IT OFF long term.

That's the important part ... keeping it off.

The vast majority of people who lose weight regain it back and more and go on a merry go round "diets" for life.

It is not a miracle ... it just helps reduce appetite and cravings for "naughty" food choices for some people.

You still need to actually make good food choices (types and portion) and move your body at least moderately (gym rat lifestyle not required).

It works well for some making the above MUCH EASIER ... and does nothing for others.

But it's considered safe.

It is from FRUIT.

Not a harsh chemical.

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1

Garcinia Cambogia.

Cheap in Thailand.

You know I remember mentioning that Garcinia to you in your Apple Cider thread.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/609978-apple-cider-vinegar-for-weight-loss-any-feedback/page-8#entry6021689

Really glad to hear it worked out so well for you!

Congratulations that is no small amount of weight & as you said you

kept it off. Very impressive Congrats!

• Like 1

Garcinia Cambogia.

Cheap in Thailand.

You know I remember mentioning that Garcinia to you in your Apple Cider thread.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/609978-apple-cider-vinegar-for-weight-loss-any-feedback/page-8#entry6021689

Really glad to hear it worked out so well for you!

Congratulations that is no small amount of weight & as you said you

kept it off. Very impressive Congrats!

Thanks.

I do remember first hearing about GC on a post here but I forgot who mentioned it.

I'll give you full credit!clap2.gif

After reading that I did the usual internet "research" and decided not much to lose by trying it (actually A LOT to lose).

Anyway, on that note my opinion is that people should forget about:

Apple Cider Vinegar (doesn't really work)

Green Coffee Extract (tried it for awhile with some results but overall not pleased)

Any pill with LAXATIVES (obvious reasons, that's not real weight loss, just poop and water)

Any pill with AMPHETAMINES (even though big pharma has some of those)

Thai heavily marketed "Slimming Coffee" products (expensive and contain LAXATIVE)

Green TEA is something I suggest as generally health promoting for most people who can handle caffeine but the weight loss effect would be quite minor, at best. I happen to like drinking it though.

Also be clear I am certainly not suggesting that most people who try out GC are going to have the success that I've had with it. There are so many complex factors involved. I would say, if you think there is any pill out there which will allow you to eat deep fried foods and sugary drinks every day and still lose weight, save your money ... and forget about it!

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1

I have lost 23k since New Year. Cut back on carbs and any sugar. If I have carbs it is as low GI as possible. I now avoid rice, pasta and breads. if I have any of these - and I do average a small amount each day I only have low GI forms. No booze at all. If I have milk it is Almond milk or low fat milk - for tea. Not a lot of fruit but apples and a few nuts as well as an occasional banana (not that good but avoid tropical fruits usually and no watermelon or grapes). I eat a lot of curried vegetables - cabbage and cauliflower - not carrots or peas/corn. lean meat or fish are good. Boiled eggs are also good. Seems to be working - I do not exercise at all yet, but as the weight comes off I will start to do a bit. I do feel I have more energy but get sugar cravings so buy sugar free lollies if needed. I have the odd breakout meal - say once a fortnight. It is not easy but the rewards help. Just a note to say that the weight did not come off evenly. I would lose a bit then seem to change shape a bit but not lose weight. Then I would lose a bit again. So do not get disheartened if weight loss is not huge and every week. Small losses but steady is the best as you are most likely to keep the weight off. if you exercise a lot as well you might find you are converting fat to muscle - which is actually heavier than fat. Good luck.

• Like 1

Can I suggest you go and see a dietician, since funnily enough this is their speciality.

Last I checked their was none in Chiang Mai. That was a couple of years ago.

Have you any up to date information on that?

From another thread:

Check out Doctor Tawachai at Loi Kroa Clinic.

He is an absolute gem of a man -- and consummately-professional physician -- who referred me to an MD dietician/nutritionist, whose name I have forgotten.

Some of the 'slimming coffees' actually work. I have seen stuff on sale (Cambodia border) that probably contains that well known appetite suppressant, amphetamine. Illegal. Anyway, my wife has found a coffee that she drinks to ease her into sleeeep (!don't ask why) and she has lost a few kilos, not that she was excessively over weight before. Coffee 21 from Makro. We send some to her daughter in the UK, she reckons it helps also.

Duromine is very effective. It is a prescription medicine for obesity in Australia, South Africa and some Far Eastern countries. Pretty expensive though. About $300 for 90 caps. You've to take one cap before breakfast and your hunger vanishes for whole day. You've to drink plenty of water and keep 1200~1500 cal. diet. Read more here:

https://duromineforum.com

http://healthy-evolution.tumblr.com

Edited by spacewagon

Can I suggest you go and see a dietician, since funnily enough this is their speciality.

Last I checked their was none in Chiang Mai. That was a couple of years ago.

Have you any up to date information on that?

From another thread:

Check out Doctor Tawachai at Loi Kroa Clinic.

He is an absolute gem of a man -- and consummately-professional physician -- who referred me to an MD dietician/nutritionist, whose name I have forgotten.

Thanks I will check him out. Strange that their is no dietician in connection with hospitals. Like I say it has been several years and I am at a plane that I can't seem to break through.

JulieM, on 24 Oct 2014 - 11:59, said:

I did just what you suggested and lost 18 kg in 3 months (78 kg to 60 kg). smile.png

JulieM, on 24 Oct 2014 - 11:59, said:

I did just what you suggested and lost 18 kg in 3 months (78 kg to 60 kg). smile.png

Good for you! I guess it took me 18 months since I didn't give up the beer : )

Caveat emptor.

Only five minutes' research tells me garcinia cambogia alone probably doesn't account for any weight loss.

It's cheap, and usually (not always) harmless, but there's no science behind it.

No alcohol or soft drinks + portion control and regular exercise seem to work pretty well for me.

And do you believe every article you read?

Caveat emptor.

Only five minutes' research tells me garcinia cambogia alone probably doesn't account for any weight loss.

It's cheap, and usually (not always) harmless, but there's no science behind it.

No alcohol or soft drinks + portion control and regular exercise seem to work pretty well for me.

Oy vey. I already said it helps some people to be able to long term sustain lower portion sizes and healthier food choices. Personally I do have one small drink daily either light beer or vodka shot. Good for heart.

For me GC has helped a lot and I sincerely think perhaps millions of others.

Sent from my Lenovo S820_ROW using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app