British authorities at Koh Tao crime scene

Lite Beer

Have they had access to the suspects yet, taken their own DNA samples?

I would have though that would be number one on their priority list.

Just give them some times to get their main priorities sorted first, you know what they are like....

• Replies 951
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, they stated there was a video . . . but all they released currently in public is a screengrab from that video, not the video itself.

From what I remember it "proves" (if you believe the video genuine in the first place) that he was in Bangkok on the morning of the 15th, it doesn't prove he was in Bangkok on the night of the murders however. And indeed, his own father stated he was on the island at the time of the murders initially (I think).

Here is another still from one of the videos with a different date and time

14120925241412092757l.jpg

http://www.chiangraitimes.com/son-of-koh-tao-island-chief-denies-any-role-in-britons-murder.html

Mr. Warot’s lawyer, Attakorn Onart, presented reporters with a still photograph from CCTV footage that showed Mr. Warot at his university and residence in Bangkok on 13-15 September.

Surprised the press would ignore any inconsistencies with the videos given they are getting a ton of viewers keeping doubts going in the case

To a large extent, the "press" don't investigate anything, they simply repeat what they are told.

And I love the pics from the CCTV that have been released by the Lawyer of the son . . . whoever did the photo-retouching needs more training . . . laughable!

GOING DOWN just like LITTLE DUCK

http://www.chiangraitimes.com/son-of-koh-tao-island-chief-denies-any-role-in-britons-murder.html

Mr. Warots lawyer, Attakorn Onart, presented reporters with a still photograph from CCTV footage that showed Mr. Warot at his university and residence in Bangkok on 13-15 September.[/size]

Surprised the press would ignore any inconsistencies with the videos given they are getting a ton of viewers keeping doubts going in the case

I've seen this shot before, and I keep seeing the same thing.

Can anyone please explain to me why some of the numbers are white and some are black, also the contrast of 13-09-20 doesn't match the rest of the stamp.

Looks like a very rushed photoshop job to me.
CCTV does that. It reverses the tones automatically. black on white, white on black.

Sadly conspiracy theorist will ignore this and any other logic and just stick with demanding unreasonable proof like needing video of the kid sleeping from 4 to 6 AM.

What is it people don;t get that this is a one of the screen shots a lawyer handed out to press and not the actual videos police examined? Or the fact that the press are not questioning the validity of the police clearing this kid.

The claim started out that there was only a screen shot of him at 9 AM and now here is one from night and now they just forget the claim of only one AM screen shot but now it is they are fake and somehow police didn't examine the actual video the lawyer took these pics of.

Edited by JohnThailandJohn

The British may have no authority in Thailand, but when did Thai Village Head men have the authority to obstruct law and order? is that part of the new Junta Constitution?

How did he obstruct law and order? What I read is he met with police and he and his brother gave DNA samples and were cooperative with police as was the son who turned out to be in Bangkok when the murders occurred.

heres Nomsod shaking hands with David on the night of the murders...allegedly

notice the swinging arm 0.34

http://youtu.be/x2B0_L-qUKQ?t=34s

Edited by HughJass

LOL Can't be him, he was busy studying in Bangkok according to his DAD,,,JTJ

The British may have no authority in Thailand, but when did Thai Village Head men have the authority to obstruct law and order? is that part of the new Junta Constitution?

How did he obstruct law and order? What I read is he met with police and he and his brother gave DNA samples and were cooperative with police as was the son who turned out to be in Bangkok when the murders occurred.

notice the swinging arm

http://youtu.be/x2B0_L-qUKQ

Have they had access to the suspects yet, taken their own DNA samples?

I would have though that would be number one on their priority list.

You're missing their purpose entirely & have outlined something that falls within the remit of the Burmese authorities & Interplod.

And you are missing the purpose and remit of Interpol completely.

The Burmese government can protest all they want, ask officially through diplomatic channels, even all up the PM 121, leader to leader. But their "authorities" have no more authority in Thailand than the British.

DNA from the suspect's parents could be checked by the British, providing then did, as expected, take samples from the victim. That would allow comparison. Maybe it's already been done. We have to wait to find out when the British police report.

Mr. Warot’s lawyer, Attakorn Onart, presented reporters with a still photograph from CCTV footage that showed Mr. Warot at his university and residence in Bangkok on 13-15 September.

I've seen this shot before, and I keep seeing the same thing.

Can anyone please explain to me why some of the numbers are white and some are black, also the contrast of 13-09-20 doesn't match the rest of the stamp.

Looks like a very rushed photoshop job to me.

CCTV does that. It reverses the tones automatically. black on white, white on black.

Why is it not white on the camera id number in the bottom right corner if that is the case?

notice the swinging arm 0.34

http://youtu.be/x2B0_L-qUKQ?t=34s

Not seeing it as it is really bad quality and the back of one Asian;s head pretty much looking like any other beyond clothing ...besides already determined it was not him in the video and already determined he was in Bangkok and absolutely no reason to believe he committed this crime and no reason to believe his family can control an entire police force in such a highly publicized case and one under such a microscope. Not to mention they got the two guys whose dna matched the crime scene and were confirmed to actually not just be on the island but around the crime scene around the time of the crime.

Edited by JohnThailandJohn

Yes, they stated there was a video . . . but all they released currently in public is a screengrab from that video, not the video itself.

From what I remember it "proves" (if you believe the video genuine in the first place) that he was in Bangkok on the morning of the 15th, it doesn't prove he was in Bangkok on the night of the murders however. And indeed, his own father stated he was on the island at the time of the murders initially (I think).

To a large extent, the "press" don't investigate anything, they simply repeat what they are told.

And I love the pics from the CCTV that have been released by the Lawyer of the son . . . whoever did the photo-retouching needs more training . . . laughable!

The 2 other people caught in this still should be able to tell when it was.

Have they been interviewed, made statements and confirmed?

They are now millionaires living the good life...why study

The 2 other people caught in this still should be able to tell when it was.

Have they been interviewed, made statements and confirmed?

• Like 1

CCTV still is a dead end.

Some quick facts: CSILA already had a user with the exact same program for their CCTV. It showed exactly the same color changes. If its good enough proof for CSILA then it should be fine for thaivisa.

The problem here is singular:

This guy is apparently a power tripper. The argument goes that he is a jumped up full of himself kid who loves to express his influence.

He has CCTV stills (photoshopped or otherwise) showing he was in BKK during the time of the murders. Now, of course it doesnt prove he was off the island at the times of the murder, but his lawyer through him stated that he was not even on the island during that period. So...

If we assume this to be true, then we have one simple task:

Prove he was on the island in that window, as someone said, just one photo of him on the island would confirm he was there and in fact entirely implicate him given that now its clear he has been lying about his alibi.

And in over a month of trying, not one photo has emerged. People may rationally argue that there is a cover up on the island and that people fear for their safety. This may well be true... but we dont need locals. This is a tourist area. He likes tourists. The AC bar lives on tourists. If he was on that island in this period, he was photographed by a tourist. If everything else is true about him, it stands to reason.

So where on earth is the photograph? Im not saying it doesnt exist. I am asking why social media has failed to pursue this and put pressure out to find it. Surely someone could set up a resource bank to collect photographs from koh tao on the relevant dates and comb through them? Theyve found and trawled through all kinds of past photos to create weird associations about his preferences for blondes? If you know someone that was there during the period and in and around, what appears to be a very busy AC bar, then just check their photos for the guy. It cant be that hard? Surely if social media can do something, this would be it? I cant believe they havent done this. Which of course makes me think, rationally, that they have.

And the fact they havent unearthed this picture appears to show that possibly, at least for the moment, all swans are white, and he wasnt actually there.

• Like 2

What is it people don;t get that this is a one of the screen shots a lawyer handed out to press and not the actual videos police examined? Or the fact that the press are not questioning the validity of the police clearing this kid.

The claim started out that there was only a screen shot of him at 9 AM and now here is one from night and now they just forget the claim of only one AM screen shot but now it is they are fake and somehow police didn't examine the actual video the lawyer took these pics of.

why are there no screenshots/video footage of Nomsod in college or the dormitory areas on Sunday?

we have only seen pics from Saturday afternoon and Monday morning at 9.15am in the dormitory when he should have been in school?

• Like 2

Thats a very good point, and why Mr Christopher Ware statment to the British IS VERY important

Some quick facts: CSILA already had a user with the exact same program for their CCTV. It showed exactly the same color changes. If its good enough proof for CSILA then it should be fine for thaivisa.

This guy is apparently a power tripper. The argument goes that he is a jumped up full of himself kid who loves to express his influence.

He has CCTV stills (photoshopped or otherwise) showing he was in BKK during the time of the murders. Now, of course it doesnt prove he was off the island at the times of the murder, but his lawyer through him stated that he was not even on the island during that period. So...

Prove he was on the island in that window, as someone said, just one photo of him on the island would confirm he was there and in fact entirely implicate him given that now its clear he has been lying about his alibi.

And in over a month of trying, not one photo has emerged. People may rationally argue that there is a cover up on the island and that people fear for their safety. This may well be true... but we dont need locals. This is a tourist area. He likes tourists. The AC bar lives on tourists. If he was on that island in this period, he was photographed by a tourist. If everything else is true about him, it stands to reason.

So where on earth is the photograph? Im not saying it doesnt exist. I am asking why social media has failed to pursue this and put pressure out to find it. Surely someone could set up a resource bank to collect photographs from koh tao on the relevant dates and comb through them? Theyve found and trawled through all kinds of past photos to create weird associations about his preferences for blondes? If you know someone that was there during the period and in and around, what appears to be a very busy AC bar, then just check their photos for the guy. It cant be that hard? Surely if social media can do something, this would be it? I cant believe they havent done this. Which of course makes me think, rationally, that they have.

And the fact they havent unearthed this picture appears to show that possibly, at least for the moment, all swans are white, and he wasnt actually there.

Edited by BoristheBlade

JTJ, your screenshot above is from the 13th. So, nobody was suggesting that he had done it in 2 hours between 4 and 6am.

He could have gone down there on sunday 14th daytime if you please.

And you keep saying that we are drawing on rumoiurs and unsubstantiated evidence, but ALL your rebuttals are equally unfounded.

You say we dpn't know all the evidence and what the police have or havent done, yet your arguements are all the same, how do you know any better?

• Like 1

Many people were prime suspects early on but they were cleared by police too. Get over it as you have no idea what police did to clear this guy except the part that stated that they interrogated him, checked video and got confirmation from the university. What else they did is none of our business, he is no longer a suspect nor accused and was cleared. On top of it there is no reason to suspect he committed the crime. The initial information that somebody reported that he fled the island turned out to be wrong and the video they thought showed him turned out not to be him. ABSOLUTELY NO reasonable reason to suspect he was involved and now that they have two suspects who dna matched the semen in the victim .... JTJ

As per your own words, you have no idea what the police did to clear this guy. Do you? No. So you believe the statements the Police issued as gospel.

The initial info that he was on the island turned out to be wrong, who told you this? Again a police statement.

The DNA of which you talk, we have gone over it.

You have no more factual high ground than anyone else.

Forgetting all these theories for just a moment, why are you the only person around, thai or otherwise, that can't seem to admit that the Thai Police are untrustworthy and have done this scenario before.

Why do you find it so hard to beleive that big money is not influential in Thjailand. How long have you lived here.

Please tell me how many years you have resided in Thailand.

• Like 2

After a full autopsy foreign DNA is not likely to be present then adding in embalming makes it extremely unlikely. You can almost always get the corpse' DNA.

what is your explanation of the son not giving his DNA?

He refused, along with all other members of that family.

This was at the time that they WERE still suspects and at around the same time they posted the million baht reward to encourage the finding of another scapegoat.

I thought the ThB 1 Million was offered to the police, if they could prove the guilt of any of this family?

I am sure the RTP will announce very soon how the British police have found the RTP investigation absolutely faultless and an open and shut case and praising them at every part of the investigation and will now be going home to UK a lot wiser and more understanding regarding any murder investigation and will now use the Thai way of investigating similar cases in the UK .

• Like 2

why are there no screenshots/video footage of Nomsod in college or the dormitory areas on Sunday?

we have only seen pics from Saturday afternoon and Monday morning at 9.15am in the dormitory when he should have been in school?

He is at university not school. Lecture times vary - many are in the evenings and at weekends.

Quite frankly, it's a busy university with lots of social and sport activities too. It must be very easy for the police to check if he was there or not as there will be plenty of witnesses one way or the other.

I thought Mr Miller's phone was found in the possessions of the suspects?

I have seen reports that Mr. Miller's phone was found at the crime scene, in Mr. Miller's luggage (with blood and hair attached) and behind the suspects residence.

1 Million or 120 Million which would you take?

After a full autopsy foreign DNA is not likely to be present then adding in embalming makes it extremely unlikely. You can almost always get the corpse' DNA.

This was at the time that they WERE still suspects and at around the same time they posted the million baht reward to encourage the finding of another scapegoat.

I thought the ThB 1 Million was offered to the police, if they could prove the guilt of any of this family?

CSILA are not an accredited source of facts. It's a facebook page allegedly authored by a Thai living in the US. He's entitled to express his/her opinion, as is anyone else. But, that's all it is - opinion. What he/she considers proof is irrelevant conjecture, same as the rest of us. The fact he/she tries to convey some kind of professional or authoritative legitimacy on their fb page doesn't mean anything at all.

Your main point I agree. Have witness statements been taken, and any snapshots taken studied, from all those seen in the various CCTV footage taken on the night? All the farangs, all the Thais, all the bar staff etc etc? Have the victims' friends made statements. provided photos? Has the dubious Mr. McAnna been interviewed by British police?

There was a lot of people out and about that night by the looks of it who came into contact with the victims. Anyone of them could have vital information, even if they don't realize its importance.

Yes, the father of Warot offered it to anyone that could prove either he, the brother or the son were guilty.

Conversely, you could also believe that other offers made by them were not quite as public as is usually the case.

I am sure the RTP will announce very soon how the British police have found the RTP investigation absolutely faultless and an open and shut case and praising them at every part of the investigation and will now be going home to UK a lot wiser and more understanding regarding any murder investigation and will now use the Thai way of investigating similar cases in the UK .

Thanks Jim, I avn't laffed sew much since me granny died and mi aunt Mable caught her left (upper sticky out thing) in the mangle....Laff I nearly shat.......5555555555555555555555555555555.