Honest Pattaya Baht Bus Driver returns “lost” money to Russian Tourists

webfact

Not all Thais in Pattaya are dishonest. I once lost a bag from the back of my bicycle on Beach road, Jomtien, without knowing it until someone raced up on a motorbike to return it to me. There was a small amount of cash in it and a few other things but all was left intact. I gave the guy 100 baht which he initially refused until I insisted. I was really impressed by that and will never forget it.

• Like 1

Works both ways. I once found a 'Mac Air' laptop on BTS, lady had got off at Vic Mon. I handed in at Ari, details given etc. Within 45 minutes I had a phone call from a lady who wanted to reward me...she actually rang twice, she was so grateful.

I didn't accept!

• Like 1

Firstly, if this s completely true then I congratulate the driver.

But I raise a point set out earlier. If you have 60,000 baht in a bag are you likely to 'forget it'.?

Also, if it's left in the back what happened? Was the driver alerted by another passenger - in which case we should applaud the honest passenger. (The previous poster made the point about the driver checking the back of the bus each time a passenger gets off).

I just don't understand how this could have happened without the involvement of an honest 3rd party.

But, well done that man.

• Like 1

Not all Thais in Pattaya are dishonest. I once lost a bag from the back of my bicycle on Beach road, Jomtien, without knowing it until someone raced up on a motorbike to return it to me. There was a small amount of cash in it and a few other things but all was left intact. I gave the guy 100 baht which he initially refused until I insisted. I was really impressed by that and will never forget it.

I left an expensive phone in a toilet cubicle at Terminal 21 and while washing my hands the next person (Thai) to use the cubicle came rushing out with my phone to give to me. No reward accepted. I was gob smacked, but thankful.

What is this with tourists anyway, leaving bags of cash, or jewelry/gold, in taxis etc. This is about the 3rd story I have seen this year where the honest Thai hands it back via the cops. Are they so bombed out on their "Thailand Experience" their short term memory goes haywire ? God I hope they find their way back home, Russia, China etc. We wouldn't want them over-staying.