Out done by Thai logic or am I just plain stupid?

pinkpanther99

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The reference to Thai logic is typical of posters on TV. It is loaded with at best colonialism and at worst racism. The overwhelming implication of posts of this sort is that Western logic is somehow superior and that the Thais are rather backward. Admittedly the poster here makes an effort at self deprecation with his suggestion that he may be missing something but the suggestion is still there like a veil on a pith helmet. The logic of the Thais is based entirely on the individual and varies from great to poor as it does with individuals from every other race on earth. If you have only witnessed poor logic in Thailand, try geeting out more.

• Like 2

The reference to Thai logic is typical of posters on TV. It is loaded with at best colonialism and at worst racism. The overwhelming implication of posts of this sort is that Western logic is somehow superior and that the Thais are rather backward. Admittedly the poster here makes an effort at self deprecation with his suggestion that he may be missing something but the suggestion is still there like a veil on a pith helmet. The logic of the Thais is based entirely on the individual and varies from great to poor as it does with individuals from every other race on earth. If you have only witnessed poor logic in Thailand, try geeting out more.

I reckon that taking the p!ss out of Thai manufacturers copying US-style water coolers but NOT copying US-style water cooler bottle caps has absolutely bugger all to do with colonialism and racism.

The OP is actually being outdone by applying farang logic to local stupidity.

• Like 1

Patrick was in charge of our office supplies. One day I noticed the water cooler bottle was empty and asked Pat to phone and reorder.

Pat: "Hello, yes the water coolant bottle is empty".

Sales assistant: "You'll be wanting another one then Sir"

Pat: "Why the <deleted> would I be wanting 2 empty bottles"

cheesy.gif

• Like 1

Google... water dispenser self piercing..... there's pages of info on self piercing & non piercing. I've used both, not really rocket surgery.

Delegate the task to someone else if too difficult.

The definitive answer is as follows....

With a sharp knife, cut a cross shape in the top of the blue cap.

This aids the piercing action of the internal protusion fitted in the dispenser.

When you turn the bottle upside down, only a very small amout of water escapes.

You can place the water container accuately and gently and not cause any stress.

Hope this helps....

The definitive answer is as follows....

With a sharp knife, cut a cross shape in the top of the blue cap.

This aids the piercing action of the internal protusion fitted in the dispenser.

When you turn the bottle upside down, only a very small amout of water escapes.

You can place the water container accuately and gently and not cause any stress.

Hope this helps....

Do you get the deposit back on the bottle with the damaged cap that wasn't designed to have a knife stuck in it.

Or do you just buy new and burn the old ones?

• Like 1

I am surprised you have time to work, with the graphic designer, for example, and write a book about water for TV.

Yes you are stupid.

I change these things with mine I used to own in USA by putting my clean hand over the open top of the full bottle and inverting it only to remove my hand at the last moment. I usually only end up with a wet hand.

I was looking at one exactly like that at Index only a few days ago.

Of course in many countries there is a seal in the bottle which is punctured as you put it onto the dispenser, and nothing is spilled.

Yes there is a knack to it, and there will be a little spillage.

Make sure dispenser is near empty....pull it out of the corner and away from the wall, Have the bottle sitting on something at a similar height nearby with the blue top already peeled. Then it is a quick lift, turn and drop and can be done losing no more than 1/2 cup of water.

I tried putting the dispenser onto the bottle but that doesn't work too well! :D

simple Firstly remove cap , pickup bottle , move close to dispenser tilt bottle slightly notice opening it goes in? now with both eyes open tilt bottle toward opening as soon as water starts coming out tilt up right into opening quickly and there you have it. That will be 65,000 baht for advice I will send Bill To collect He is 6' 11" tall 150 KG. bent nosed thug.cheesy.gif

Yes you are not stupid but you and the rest of people in your office are a bunch of weak pussy with no coordination 555! I work for a number years for a major water company in the US, delivering water and that was when they use glass 5 lbs bottles and before the new machines have the puncture system develop for guys like you like you?

Today I'm here like you in Thailand for years I have a simple system like what you should without all the electronic B.S.

Step, I take the old finish bottle off, check the tank level to make sure when I put the new bottle inside it does not overflow the safety level which would even if you get the bottle inside one shot the excess flow will overflow out. I take the wax cover off lift it up to tank level and flip in the quickly never had a problem. Done this for my customers day in day out when I was working! It does not take much strength it does take some coordination? If you think the plastic bottles are heavy you never been able to even lift a glass bottle?

No no. Leave the blue cap on. There is a pipe about one inch diameter inside the machine that pierces the soft blue cap for you. I got it wrong for a weeks until the wife showed me.

The ones we have in Vietnam have a thin membrane under the blue cap that keeps the water in when you flip it over the spout inside the cooler pierces this membrane and voila - no spillage - The trick in Thailand is to leave the blue cap on, the spout inside will pierce the cap and the water is dispensed - hold the water bottle straight over the cooler recpetacle, then bring it straight down with force and the spout will pierce the blue plastic - MAYBE 3 times out of five.........the plastic cap in these are thick

Pinkpanther99 , you may have a defective or new or different model, and If you have to take off the blue plastic cap, then tip over the bottle,

make sure that you have drained out some of the water in the dispenser so there is space for the first litre of water from the new bottle.

Since it does not seem to have a cap piercer in the machine, then you will have to just get better at flipping the new bottle into the

dispenser. Good Luck.

Stargeezer

Easy, get a playing card or something of similar size and place over the opening after you remove the cap. Science will ensure that the card ( and water) will stay in place as you turn over the tank of water. Place tank in position and slide out the card (Or whatever you used) from the tank. Result - Minimal to zero spillage of water.

Maybe the OP is making the humorous point that the operation could be more user friendly with a bit of design ingenuity. But this is Thailand so they tend to avoid over engineering and keep things as cheap as possible for the locals. I am sure there are self-piercing models for double the normal price being imports but buying that would be a less pleasurable form of self-abuse. It is a job for one of the Thais you are forced to employ for your work permit