Koh Tao headman's son gives DNA sample to quell controversy

webfact

I thought it was impossible to get DNA results so quickly?

In true Thai Visa style we have another poster who doesn't read or understand the story before posting

He has been TESTED, there is no mention in the story of the results coming back yet.

• Like 1

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This is such a non-event it is painful. Here we see a swab happening. What we aren't seeing is the samples being compared by a reputable, unbiased (through donation), organisation. Have the UK been handed a swab too?

it seems that th UK is the holy grail for many of you guys,every forensic institution OUTSIDE of Thailand could do it.

But I thought that the DNA already matched the Burmese guys?

So what's the issue?

There is no issue.

Nomsod's DNA will not be a match. Of that you may be certain.

So what have the Burmese been charged with yet? Zero.

Ergo, the DNA obviously doesn't match the Burmese guys, or there is more DNA that isnt matched yet?

Now wouldn't that be one thing no one thought about yet......

Woraphan, who was also briefly considered a potential suspect in the case, has threatened to press libel charges against anyone who attempts to link him or any of his family members to the killing of the two Britons."

There goes 90% of the Thaivisa membership!!

Add to that the CCA violations.. But I doubt that they will go after foreigners.

Yes because Kookyapooky justanotherfarang

Are names you can sue eh? Would the real slim shady please stand up!!

USA records, email addresses..

Do you think records would not be turned over if a court order was issued?

This is such a non-event it is painful. Here we see a swab happening. What we aren't seeing is the samples being compared by a reputable, unbiased (through donation), organisation. Have the UK been handed a swab too?

it seems that th UK is the holy grail for many of you guys,every forensic institution OUTSIDE of Thailand could do it.

Not the Holy Grail. The victims were British. I think that covers that. Anything else?

Edited by draftvader

So what's the issue?

There is no issue.

Ergo, the DNA obviously doesn't match the Burmese guys, or there is more DNA that isnt matched yet?

Obviously....or??

• Like 1

Any other forensic institution would need to

A) Trust the samples given to them from the thai police (makes zero sense.)

B) DIG UP the bodies of the victims and take new DNA samples (makes zero sense... although i guess it's halloween or something)

C) Get the DNA samples from the UK first.. in which case,, it's easier if the UK does it.. and there's why everyone suggests that the UK should do the testing .. Assuming that the UK has reliable samples from the victims bodies... I doubt any court in the west would trust the DNA samples from the victims bodies in any case since it's proven that mafia members walked on the crime scene with police on the morning of the crime...

So what's the issue?

There is no issue.

Obviously....or??
That they have been sitting on unidentified DNA all the time, but haven't disclosed it.

That would be the easiest way to covet it up. Never declare the samples exist at all

Edited by Thai at Heart
  • Like 1

Any other forensic institution would need to

A) Trust the samples given to them from the thai police (makes zero sense.)

B) DIG UP the bodies of the victims and take new DNA samples (makes zero sense... although i guess it's halloween or something)

C) Get the DNA samples from the UK first.. in which case,, it's easier if the UK does it.. and there's why everyone suggests that the UK should do the testing .. Assuming that the UK has reliable samples from the victims bodies... I doubt any court in the west would trust the DNA samples from the victims bodies in any case since it's proven that mafia members walked on the crime scene with police on the morning of the crime...

The samples are not in the UK. None of them

In true Thai Visa style we have another poster who doesn't read or understand the story before posting

He has been TESTED, there is no mention in the story of the results coming back yet.

blink.pngclap2.gifcheesy.gifclap2.gifcheesy.gif

"The results are expected in 24 hours."

Talk about the pot calling the kettle black.

Reading comprehension is not one of the finer attributes of some in these forums...

facepalm.gif

So is this the guy seen shirtless on CCTV moving quickly the night of the double homicide?

If he clears the DNA will it finally put this forum to rest or will it simply be considered a fixed procedure?

Will TV need to discontinue threads that defame this family for fear of libel?

""Meanwhile, tourism on adjacent Ko Samui is lively on the eve of Halloween. (MCOT online news)""

And how "lively" is it on Koh Tao right now?

I have many friends on Samui.

Suffice to say, that story is untrue. wai2.gifwai.gif

Especially if they are talking about tourists...

This dog and pony show today would never have happened if there was even the slightest possibility of an unexpected outcome. I've been here long enough to understand that.

The wild card that I'm hoping for is that the Brits may be playing a cunning hand. Who knows.........

But now at least Jr's DNA is out there for all to see.

Will it come back to bite him.... I wonder.

• Like 1

There's a good video on a certain censored facebook page that shows Nom Sod and the man running on CCTV over and over again.. it's pretty easy to see that they have a very similar walking style..

About this DNA testing.. Why would they test nom sods dna now? Didn't the DNA match the scapegoats? Makes no sense....

Of course it doesn't make sense, none of the conspiracy theories do nor do most of the demands from the conspiracy theorists do. Remember these are people ready to accuse somebody because a grainy video of an unknown person may walk like (using two legs and moving arms) somebody else while discounting DNA results and getting there information from a social media group proved wrong time and time again.

Edited by JohnThailandJohn

There's a good video on a certain censored facebook page that shows Nom Sod and the man running on CCTV over and over again.. it's pretty easy to see that they have a very similar walking style..

About this DNA testing.. Why would they test nom sods dna now? Didn't the DNA match the scapegoats? Makes no sense....

Of course it doesn't make sense, none of the conspiracy theories do nor do most of the demands from the conspiracy theorists do. Remember these are people ready to accuse somebody because a grainy video of an unknown person may walk like (using two legs and moving arms) somebody else while discounting DNA results and getting there information from a social media group proved wrong time and time again.

The cases against the Burmese guys keep getting thrown back.

Safe to assume that the DNA evidence against them isn't very secure. Maybe there is more DNA evidence out there that has been kept quiet.

Let's sit back and watch this circus. This kid should have been tested first up and then none of this circus would have happened.

He should have given more evidence at the start that he was in Bangkok, not just a couple of sketchy video stills. In a city where almost everything is filmed, add to that his phone records and his receipts etc. If I was in his position and had his means I would have dug up all the proof possible when the rumours started.

Its all a bit late now in my opinion to quell the rumours, he has been found guilty by social media rightly or wrongly.

We are looking forward to your redfaced apology, after you have read the OP!!sad.png

From the OP

"The results are expected in 24 hours"

If he has been tested today that means the results are expected tomorrow, the article is dated 30 October

Again he has been tested, the results have not come back yet

I look forward to YOUR redfaced apology unless you can show me where it says in the article the results have come back already? biggrin.png