DNA results from Ko Tao village head’s son don't match traces on slain British tourists

Lite Beer

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

mean while in AC bar ? blink.png

Judging by these pics posted on fb by Aon from the AC bar Koh Tao, Hannah Witheridge's murder is a joke to them.

I don't think the Burmese committed the murders and I strongly feel that nomsod etc are involved.

If I was playing devils advocate though it's possible that Thais just don't take anything as seriously as westerners do and maybe it's a kind of gallows humour?

For the record though I do find it very disrespectful and I hope they find themselves penniless and wondering where the foreigners who feed them have all gone.

I remember coming to Phuket after the tsunami and some locals showing me a photo album full of pictures of locals joking around the corpses of dead expats on the beach who had been killed in the disaster, people taking smiley selfies with the bodies to doing poses like shown in the AC bar, Thai's are emotionally and mentally very immature and their lack of respect shows it.

I see it everyday on my Facebook wall with my Thai friends and their friends; there was a post about a young lad dying and marrying his girlfriend on his deathbed and pics of him after he had passed and her taking the usual selfies with his corpse and all the comments were just people joking around, posting "LOLs" and humourous memes.

Thais have no sense of tragedy or empathy unless it directly happens to them.

• Like 2

Judging by these pics posted on fb by Aon from the AC bar Koh Tao, Hannah Witheridge's murder is a joke to them.

Disrespectful and very poor taste , how would they feel if there only family members were murdered.

makes me all the more justified in my decision to never visit that island, ever.

I don't think the Burmese committed the murders and I strongly feel that nomsod etc are involved.

If I was playing devils advocate though it's possible that Thais just don't take anything as seriously as westerners do and maybe it's a kind of gallows humour?

For the record though I do find it very disrespectful and I hope they find themselves penniless and wondering where the foreigners who feed them have all gone.

I remember coming to Phuket after the tsunami and some locals showing me a photo album full of pictures of locals joking around the corpses of dead expats on the beach who had been killed in the disaster, people taking smiley selfies with the bodies to doing poses like shown in the AC bar, Thai's are emotionally and mentally very immature and their lack of respect shows it.

I see it everyday on my Facebook wall with my Thai friends and their friends; there was a post about a young lad dying and marrying his girlfriend on his deathbed and pics of him after he had passed and her taking the usual selfies with his corpse and all the comments were just people joking around, posting "LOLs" and humourous memes.

weird but so true.

Disrespectful and very poor taste , how would they feel if there only family members were murdered.

makes me all the more justified in my decision to never visit that island, ever.

yeah , better u go spain. Or Greek. Edited by Islandlife

yeah , better u go spain. Or Greek.

what will you do if tourists stop coming?

Your pride is getting In the way.

Perhaps stop telling tourists to stop coming and that their opinions and observations are unwelcome and start acting with dignity and think about solving the problem with an honest and fair approach. Koh tao is nothing without tourists. Just a little rock.

Unless the residents of koh tao want to starve they'll need to start respecting those who put food in their bellies.we are sick of the " give us money and shut up" attitude of Thai tourism.

Islandlife, on 18 Nov 2014 - 03:46, said:Islandlife, on 18 Nov 2014 - 03:46, said:
IslandLover, on 18 Nov 2014 - 00:34, said:IslandLover, on 18 Nov 2014 - 00:34, said:
thailandchilli, on 17 Nov 2014 - 16:40, said:thailandchilli, on 17 Nov 2014 - 16:40, said:

thailandchilli, on 17 Nov 2014 - 16:40, said:thailandchilli, on 17 Nov 2014 - 16:40, said:

I agree with a boycott but not for the whole of Thailand. Apart from just being impossible, its also very unfair for the masses of Thailand who form the majority of the population and are genuinely caring and respectful albeit a little naive but that's due to the poor education system of course. A huge number are also disgusted with the investigation

But I do agree with a complete boycott of Murder Island Koh Tao. Have you seen the morbid images some of the locals from the AC bar have been putting on Facebook? Disgusting, mocking the murders in the most cruel way possible. No sign of any thought for the families or international community, a complete 'we are untouchable attitude'

Problem being it looks like they are untouchable so the only way to hurt them is a boycott. Quite aside from the fact that there are potentially sadistic killers and accomplices still there, danger to all! KEEP AWAY

Excellent post. It seems to me those morons on Koh Tao are deliberately taunting all those who want justice for David and Hannah. In fact, it's been that way since the investigation started. Remember hoe man and the sex on the beach bar sign? The mindset of these people really disturbs me. I have stayed on many of the Thai islands over the past 30 years and I have to say that I found the people on KT the least friendly of all of them. I would return to Koh Phi Phi in a heartbeat, but I will never return to Koh Tao. I wish the whole island could be cleared of people and left to return to nature.

Quess we just have to cope with out your precence...yawn,i pretty shure we manage. Enjoy Phi phi.

Its not well polite or show manners to people morans by the way my mun teached me!

@Islandlife

The official dictionary definition of the word "moron" is as follows:

1. a person who is notably stupid or lacking in judgment.

2. a person of borderline intelligence in a former classification of mental retardation, having an I.Q. of 50 to 69.

Source. Webster's College Dictionary

Therefore, like it or not "moron" is an apt description for the behaviour of certain people. A picture tells a thousand words rolleyes.gif

Edited by IslandLover
  • Like 2

At the risk of getting the thread back on topic, I wonder what happened to the threatened press conference

by the head thug?

I was really looking forward to it as I think it would have started a trial by social media ( as it is obvious he

was targeting spacebook page) which may have shed a lot of light on many aspects of this cover-up.

I suspect he has been told , or advised :-) to lay low for the time being.

In the elite system here there must be many 'families' all who are being affected financially by this case.

Thais are pretty self centred as a race and there must be increasing discontent in the ranks as high season has started and tourism is on the floor.

The ranks have been closed, and the wagons are in a circle but, its not working.

A smoking gun just might be revealed as the financial pressure mounts.

I live in hope.

Yes I thought it had all gone quiet on that front. Considering this family are supposedly not so high up in the order and relying on links with certain politicians there must be many unhappy further up the chain that this will not just go away.

That smoking gun could come from a whole number of angles.

Good point.

I am certain the other influential families on Koh Tao are furious, and will seek compensation and probably (Hopefully) vengeance.

We all know in Thailand money is No1, if Koh Tao is hit hard financially this high season, I would imagine Mr Head Man is going to have many, many problems.

I expect to see a changing of the guard on that island, and life will never be the same again for that "family"

At the risk of getting the thread back on topic, I wonder what happened to the threatened press conference

by the head thug?

I was really looking forward to it as I think it would have started a trial by social media ( as it is obvious he

was targeting spacebook page) which may have shed a lot of light on many aspects of this cover-up.

I suspect he has been told , or advised :-) to lay low for the time being.

In the elite system here there must be many 'families' all who are being affected financially by this case.

Thais are pretty self centred as a race and there must be increasing discontent in the ranks as high season has started and tourism is on the floor.

The ranks have been closed, and the wagons are in a circle but, its not working.

A smoking gun just might be revealed as the financial pressure mounts.

I live in hope.

Anyone taking a few minutes to think will realize that tourists will never stop going to Koh Tao.

The demographics of the tourists may change though, but probably not.

This is true. From december till end of January its nearly fully booked so not much change on previous years.

I think the Thai PM is going to have a 'word' with the Thai consulate in Los Angeles for officially inviting the owner of CSI LA to the party thumbsup.gif

Or simply arrest him there.

Yeah sure the US government will bow to the horribly skewed demands of a military junta because he runs a facebook page that is not illegal but merely something the junta doesn't like. Unless you can propose how the Thai authorities are going to swing that line then do give us the gist of what they'd be best to say thumbsup.gif

I think the Thai PM is going to have a 'word' with the Thai consulate in Los Angeles for officially inviting the owner of CSI LA to the party thumbsup.gif

Or simply arrest him there.

Yeah sure the US government will bow to the horribly skewed demands of a military junta because he runs a facebook page that is not illegal but merely something the junta doesn't like. Unless you can propose how the Thai authorities are going to swing that line then do give us the gist of what they'd be best to say thumbsup.gif

Oops sorry, thought the event was at the consulate, and thus enjoyed extraterritoriality

weird but so true.

I can give you even better. One of my female friends in BKK sent some video footage.

i did not know what it was so when opened was horrified to see this is some poor sod getting his head hacked off with a machete.

Couldnt eat that day i feel so sick.

and beside the link she did put... lol

If he attends , I hope he is careful about what he eats and drinks, there may be a reason for the invitation wink.png

I think he also needs to watch out for anyone following him to his home after the party

If he attends , I hope he is careful about what he eats and drinks, there may be a reason for the invitation wink.png

I think he also needs to watch out for anyone following him to his home after the party

He should bring his own food and drink with him and resist the temptation to go for a romantic walk with his wife by the ocean after the party.

Edited by Dogmatix
  • Like 1

Anyone taking a few minutes to think will realize that tourists will never stop going to Koh Tao.

The demographics of the tourists may change though, but probably not.

This is true. From december till end of January its nearly fully booked so not much change on previous years.

Not according to a resort owner there.. but you obviously know better

• Like 2

They know where he lives already!!

I would suspect a less than diplomatic attempt to make him quiet.

Baht will be on the table and threats too if that does not work, if Im right.

Not going to do his credibility much good if he attends, and that may be the intention of the invitation.

Balo says: It's never been proven that the headmans son was caught on camera at the island, only confirmed the son was in Bangkok, in the CCTV footage ,CSI LA tried to make it look like he is the same person, Its not real evidence as the boy could be anyone else with that kind of haircut.

I think if the CCTV footage from the island is scrutinized objectively, it shows the headman's boy. Have cops experimented with having both the Burmese 2, and Nomsod walk individually in that same spot, with same lighting, and same clothing? That's the sort of thing a professional & thorough investigation would do. There are a hundred basic things Thai investigators don't appear to have done. I've listed a few dozen in prior posts. Just looking at the reenactment on the beach, should be enough in itself to prove Thai cops are not only inept, but are fixated upon a frame-up.

As for CCTV footage proving Nomsod was in Bkk at the time of the murder. Only a cross-eyed person who achingly wants the son to be shielded from justice could believe that ruse. It was a mediocre patch job on that CCTV footage. I hope the headman's people didn't pay more than Bt.500 for it.

Balo continues.....

Do you really think Thailand as a nation will risk everything on this murder case? That they will blame scapegoats just to protect a local village headman? Not a chance but its difficult to convince conspiracy theorists posting here.

As I mentioned earlier, Thai officials are compelled to be committed to the frame-up scenario. They can't deviate. If Thai officials had known (earlier) how many Thais and farang are howling for justice, in sustained choruses, week after week, they would never have embarked on the frame-up. But they can't back down now. They're committed. They have no wiggle room. One of the most important things Thai officials need to do, to maintain the frame-up (and shielding the headman's people), is to continue to stymie the Brit experts. Thais already declared they won't share DNA with the Brits. What else they're withholding, we probably don't know at this time. I imagine they're trying as much as possible to limit what the Brits can see, and who they can talk to.

The boy can't be called to do anything because he officially became a person of disinterest after suitable arrangements had been made to confirm his alibi and his DNA test proved he was related to the headman.

I don't know if the Brits were able to find any DNA after the Thai police cleaned everything up with the bodies but taking DNA from the parents of the 2B should be enough to compare, if there was anything to compare it with and, if the British had a mind to, which I doubt.

Don't worry Luang Pu Nen Kham is in the house and offering merit at 1000 bucks a pop

He should bring his own food and drink with him and resist the temptation to go for a romantic walk with his wife by the ocean after the party.