DNA results from Ko Tao village head’s son don't match traces on slain British tourists

Lite Beer

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What do all these officials that are shunted into inactive posts actually do? Sit in an office and twiddle their thumbs? set up fake facebook accounts and pass the time posting propaganda or what? There's a growing number of them blink.png

For a corrupt official, being banished to an inactive post is actually a pretty severe punishment. The base salaries of Thai officials are minimal. They need opportunities to supplement their incomes to live in the manner to which they have become accustomed. An inactive post severely curtails those opportunities,

so..... you mean, letting them of the hook and just deprive them of the opportunity to not participate anymore in the corrupt circles, which otherwise will continue to flourish is "good news"..." ?? Or what else was your message ???

This is a new one, yet another family concerned about their sons death in Koh Tao last year, Jesus how many is that now! http://www.dorkingandleatherheadadvertiser.co.uk/Reigate-family-s-agonising-search-information-son/story-20010608-detail/story.html

From the article, but I guess now not even the coroner's report is enough.

A postmortem, carried out when Ben's body was returned to the UK, found he died from a transected aorta and a road traffic collision.

Read more: http://www.surreymirror.co.uk/Reigate-family-s-agonising-search-information-son/story-20010608-detail/story.html#ixzz3JcjnfL9v

Follow us: @dorkingnews on Twitter | dorkingleatherheadad on Facebook

This is a new one, yet another family concerned about their sons death in Koh Tao last year, Jesus how many is that now! http://www.dorkingandleatherheadadvertiser.co.uk/Reigate-family-s-agonising-search-information-son/story-20010608-detail/story.html

And Jesust wept, these people are heart broken bcase their kids ha passed away.

But reality is they dont know that their kids been on holiday bender,drive motorbike with out helmet and crash.

Nothing funny there. But really. In their countries drunk driving aint alloved. Aint here either. But not so much supervised. So now all self inflickted accidents suddenly become dodgy.

Speechles.

What do all these officials that are shunted into inactive posts actually do? Sit in an office and twiddle their thumbs? set up fake facebook accounts and pass the time posting propaganda or what? There's a growing number of them blink.png

For a corrupt official, being banished to an inactive post is actually a pretty severe punishment. The base salaries of Thai officials are minimal. They need opportunities to supplement their incomes to live in the manner to which they have become accustomed. An inactive post severely curtails those opportunities,

so..... you mean, letting them of the hook and just deprive them of the opportunity to not participate anymore in the corrupt circles, which otherwise will continue to flourish is "good news"..." ?? Or what else was your message ???

Certainly, I would wish there were a more serious attempt to stamp out corruption. Until that happens, preventing criminal elements from benefiting further is better than what usually happens.

From the article, but I guess now not even the coroner's report is enough.

A postmortem, carried out when Ben's body was returned to the UK, found he died from a transected aorta and a road traffic collision.

Read more: http://www.surreymirror.co.uk/Reigate-family-s-agonising-search-information-son/story-20010608-detail/story.html#ixzz3JcjnfL9v

Follow us: @dorkingnews on Twitter | dorkingleatherheadad on Facebook

Yes if you read my post the whole point was that another family is concerned. I have already found half a dozen links to the story. The mother is a nurse and so has some credibility, the RTP again dismissed the fact that his wallet and personal items were missing, hence the possibility that it could have been a robbery, ie kicked from the bike, it happens on a daily basis in Thailand. Go ahead add you normal comment of another conspiracy theory. You have no thought for the families and this makes me bah.gif

• Like 2

Certainly, I would wish there were a more serious attempt to stamp out corruption. Until that happens, preventing criminal elements from benefiting further is better than what usually happens.

complete stupidity to publish that, if you ask me... at the pub you can say whatever you want, but here you are just publicly supporting the perpetuation of corruption with those statements, because these "systems" are put in place for cosmetic reason without any impact what so ever... there is no "until then"... got it...!!??.....as absolutely nothing changes if you just kick the one guy out for the next one to happily step in... waste of time to discuss further...

Edited by TTom911

It is a conspiracy theory, so you pegged that correctly.

Theft after a crash is common.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/399953-rescue-foundation-volunteer-accused-of-vehicle-theft-in-central-pattaya/

And after suffering a transected aorta, almost no chance of survival without a full thoracic surgery suite at hand. (death was likely immediate)

AFAIK there is only one decent clinic on the island and no thoracic surgeon.

To bring the thread back on the subject topic of DNA results from Ko Tao village head’s son... Does anyone know what happened to the press conference that he was supposed to hold? I was waiting for him to publicly reveal the results of the DNA testing, to explain the procedures used and explain how he came into possession of crime scene DNA for comparison, etc... Surely the village head is anxious to clear the family's good name. Or perhaps he realized that he was standing naked at the party and everyone was laughing at him.

• Like 1

Boomerangutang, did the RTP fail to share basic crime scene data with the UK police?

I seem to have missed that in any report!

like blood and sand?
They were not given data about blood and sand?

I don't understand your point. Just sounds like you're dribbling on and on about nothing relevant, purely with the intention of derailing the thread. It is hard not to flame.

I understand that it can be hard to follow.

A member makes a fallacious claim, gets called on it.

Another member tries to support the fallacious claim with the blood and sand remark. Gets called on it.

You try and flame, fail at it.

Really there is a lot of you making wrong statements then disappearing then trying to find a new place to make trouble. Not really what you are describing at all.

It is a conspiracy theory, so you pegged that correctly.

Theft after a crash is common.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/399953-rescue-foundation-volunteer-accused-of-vehicle-theft-in-central-pattaya/

And after suffering a transected aorta, almost no chance of survival without a full thoracic surgery suite at hand. (death was likely immediate)

AFAIK there is only one decent clinic on the island and no thoracic surgeon.

You prove my point

I feel for families. Hope they found peace one day.

Ive lost meny friends for bikes and normal deaths 2. Yet never i have blamed place where they been at time.

People die and get robbed everyday everywhere at world.

Im pretty shure Koh tao aint top of that list .

Thats all ive tryed to say.

Quess thats hard to understand.

What does this say about the DNA evidence?

DNA profiling can match people so accurately that there is a 1 in 50 billion to 1 in a trillion chance that the DNA trace was NOT left by the suspect it matches.

The fact that it seems to be proving too difficult to build a case that reaches the standard necessary for a successful prosecution suggests that the DNA "match" evidence, if it existed at all, is totally inadequate to stand up in court.

Since this is a court where the verdict of guilt or innocence is made by a single judge whose future career and financial security depends on them ensuring the outcome of the case meets the approval of the politicians who appointed them, this suggests how woefully deficient the evidence must be.

I suppose it will never be revealed whether the evidence was inadequate, tampered with, or simply non-existent, as it looks likely they will never take it to trial.

Makes you wonder why they tried to pin it on Burmese who were available, when they could have invented Burmese who fled back to their home country and couldn't be found...

• Like 1

Ive lost meny friends for bikes and normal deaths 2. Yet never i have blamed place where they been at time.

Anyone who has lived in Thailand for any amount of time simply wouldn't be surprised at missing belongings after a night time fatal bike crash. I doubt that the police would have looked for a passport. Probably left it at the rental shop.

In this case the family should be upset with the FCO not Thailand.

Anyone who has lived in Thailand for any amount of time simply wouldn't be surprised at missing belongings after a night time fatal bike crash. I doubt that the police would have looked for a passport. Probably left it at the rental shop.

Priceless

Priceless

Priceless, u having laugh now of people passed bcase bike accidents 2?

U must be bored. Just gossiping about dead people.

My advice to you is go out and live & speak to real people,not just your computer friends.

I have consistently stated that I think they have the killers in custody.

Perhaps the difference between think and know is lost on you?

You mean as in the statement.... I dont think jdinasia knows his Ar5 from his elbow?

I really wasn't expecting the decency of an apology.

You are just making it up as you go along. Just like the RTP. Time to make a new user name and try to get some credibly.

• Like 2

Agree with all you said for once!

Tragic murders, but murders happen everywhere

BUT, the cover up of the real murderers and rapists is an evil act, which is as evil as the real perpetrators of this crime.

How the rulers of this nation can allow it, is simply stagering and like I have said many times....EVIL

I hope Karma hits these bastards hard----

Whilst a man lays dying, the looters pick over the valuables. "Thainess"......

Priceless

Priceless, u having laugh now of people passed bcase bike accidents 2?

U must be bored. Just gossiping about dead people.

My advice to you is go out and live & speak to real people,not just your computer friends.

Hardly laughing, but if thats what you were assuming I was doing then that's pretty telling. You've clearly shown your true colors and we all know what they are. So get back to looking at the gecko's on your ceiling coz tourist season is about to be a non event for you and your buddies

You are just making it up as you go along. Just like the RTP. Time to make a new user name and try to get some credibly.

One thing separates me from you. Is fact im not here seeking credibly.

Ive ever only had one user name and sort of regret having that 2.

Look at you ,couch detective in your Litle internet nörd world thinking u can change the world by commenting about comments in forum like this.

Its allmoust unreal. But really entertaining,specially after few drinks.

Thats why i im still here...

Allmoust like reading the Sun news paper lots of drama but very litle truth.

Welcome to anyplace with severe wealth distribution problems. Thailand is not that different from other places.

Welcome to anyplace with severe wealth distribution problems. Thailand is not that different from other places.

I'd like to point out that if you've ever even visited Thailand you would know better than to leave your passport anywhere as a collateral. rolleyes.gif With the rest of your sentiment I would be inclined to agree - the more a poor community equates to more likeliness in pocketing any valuables, especially if that isn't criminalized more so the law enforced.

On an unrelated note, here's what I bumped into on a Thai forum, uploaded a couple of days ago:

I don't understand your point. Just sounds like you're dribbling on and on about nothing relevant, purely with the intention of derailing the thread. It is hard not to flame.

I understand that it can be hard to follow.

A member makes a fallacious claim, gets called on it.

Another member tries to support the fallacious claim with the blood and sand remark. Gets called on it.

You try and flame, fail at it.

That's what I don't understand... I don't see where anyone has been "called on" anything... all I see is a thread going round and round in circles, with you revealing obviously vested interests. And that's concerning....(for you).

what astounds me about the people who reply to jdinasia,

he will have no choice but to go away if people stop replying to him,

he has used this name for years, and a simple search showed me what we are dealing with here,

a face like that would never challenge people in real life,

so why do people give him any credibility here, in the faceless world of TV?

• Like 1

A precis:

Headthug appears to have postponed his second press conference.

An island poster is still trying to get sympathy but few are biting as most believe that the poster is either a business

owner paying rent to a family or employed by them. Either way all adults on the island are complicit in the corruption that

has gone on there for long enough. It does not matter if there are worse places in Thailand, thats not where the focus is right now, so everything from the diving/motorbike scams to

theft, intimidation and murder has to stop now and the only way to get the attention of the islanders is by hitting their pockets. Something that is obviously happening

but, if there are innocents, then that is a shame but nothing anyone can do.

The B2 are probably going to get bail and I would imagine find a way back home, at least I hope so.

The prosecutor got another 12 days but one wonders how that can possibly improve a complete investigation that has been

complimented and rewarded at the highest level.

The 2 senior policemen who were dismissed last week were given an interview yesterday but, no news of that yet but it cannot be a coincidence, can it?

British diplomat calls on the PM today to discuss various issues. No leaks there methinks!

British cops still quiet but it makes me wonder if the British embassy is sending out signals like todays meeting. How much was KT discussed I wonder?

The spacebook man has been invited to a Beverley Hills bash by the Thai embassy, an invitation that surely had to be sanctioned from higher up?

Threats, bribes or admiration on the table??

The house of cards does indeed seem to be on unstable footing but, can we expect the real culprits to pay for this disgusting crime?

History says unlikely but I am hoping the worm has turned. Younger generation educated Thai people seem to have had enough

of the brain washing and unfair wealth distribution. Good for them

the CSI guy might want to consider bringing his own film crew with him

sounds like a bad move