DNA results from Ko Tao village head’s son don't match traces on slain British tourists

Lite Beer

Sorry guys but after thousands of posts the DNA has cleared the village head mans son.

You can protest all you want but nothing is going to change.

I honestly feel sorry for the genuine posters on here that fought the good fight but for the thai bashes and some of the most moronic statements made by some I think it's you guys that need a reality check not the Thais .

I really do not understand if you hate the Thais so much and distrust the authorities so much then why do you even bother staying here or even coming here.

Just because these guys say they are innocent and their parents say they are innocent doesn't mean they are even if you want it to be that way and whip each other up into a frenzy with out any hard facts that are just rumours and innuendo .

This is going to trial and that's that.

Innocent or guilty they are going to court and no doubt thousands more posts over and over again with exactly the same scenarios .

It's over and I've seen nothing of the Brits querying any methods used by the Thai authorities .

As this farce of a test, which provided an analysis of whatever Nom's father wished it to look at and which was not completed by a certified facility and was not part of the investigation and is not going to be introduced into evidence, it does not clear anyone of anything. It just makes Thailand look worse.

I love Thais and Thailand and I hate to see the RTP besmirch the country to this extent in front of a world wide audience.

• Like 1

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Makes you wonder, who are they really protecting??

Must be someone high up in the foodchain!!coffee1.gif

Not sure if there is any truth in what was already reported but Suthep is supposed to be his Uncle however I don't really see what bearing having such a person of interests as Khun Suthep would have any influence on any outcome, other than he owns quite a substantial part of the Region.

Since a few months, the 'red brigadists' here had gone quiet about Suthep. Here they come again. What a sad bunch! Let's spread a, totally false, rumour: the Warot kid's biological father is Thaksin's brother. Utter nonsense, like the tiny (poisoned) alm of straw they hold on to here, but, boy, you would see them climb to the top of the coconut trees... Guys, is there really no limit for you?

What on earth are you trying to put some political bullshit spin on this murder for ???????

First off try reading a bit closer, it was stated in several threads about Nomsod and his "uncle Suthep"

Now try reading the part where I stated how much truth there is to that claim ??

Then try reading the part where I said if true, what bearing does it really have, other than Suthep owning parts of the area.

But you think that's political? I couldn't care less about Thaksin or Suthep they're both egomaniacs, but I do care about finding and punishing the killers of Hannah and David.

Very very cheap shot trying to bring That politics into this case. Its quite obvious what part of the divide you are on, when if you're a Farang Thai politics has sod all to do with you anyway !! ?

Politics has everything to do with this case. How do you thing the headman is able to exert so much influence?

And Thai politics has a very great deal to do with all who live here and have financial or emotional investments here as we will all find out sooner or later.

The results have been officially endorsed and theres no need to send more samples abroad to be retested.

Mr Warot is not a suspect in the case but he has cooperated with us well. As far as the police are concerned, he was cleared long ago. We only did this [DNA tests] to comply with his wish to prove his innocence to the public, Pol Lt Gen Prawut said.

We found the Facebook pages administrator might want to destroy the credibility of Thailands judicial process. The page is also linked to a political movement seeking to discredit the government, as reflected by its posts during the Peoples Democratic Reform Committees anti-government protests in the first half, he said.

- See more at: http://www.thephuketnews.com/3-more-dna-results-clear-son-of-koh-tao-big-boss-49450.php#sthash.7cZrIeGb.dpuf

The true conspiracy is now revealed. Any detractors from the plot of this farce are obviously supporters of the villainous other political blah, blah, blah.

Now, the suspects have endorsed the results to the satisfaction of themselves and their supporters. No need for any investigation, not that there was going to be an investigation anyways, but as the accused has confirmed in his statement that he did not do it, the case is now solved. Perfect and complete, so let’s get back to extorting the illegal work force.

• Like 2

Who were the men on the fast boat that were arrested and then let go?

Who was in the cave, high out of his mind?

Who was the "asian man" caught running to and fro on CCTV and who the police asked the public to help indentify?

is this distorting the facts of the case, or was this not part of the "case?"

are the "archair detectives" and the "internet idiots" making all this up, or did these words not come directly from the Royal Thai Police?

did they announce that they are no longer seeking to indentify the asian man?

Would you stop holding these MoFo's accountable!

You will end up in the slammer for 5 years if you continue on this way.

I will never return to Thailand.

It is not safe for foreigners and, it isn't worth the risk.

I liked it, and I didn't like it; but once was enough.

I do not like the direction the country is going in

You claimed you were actually here.

Am I surprised you lied? No.

The results have been officially endorsed and theres no need to send more samples abroad to be retested.

Mr Warot is not a suspect in the case but he has cooperated with us well. As far as the police are concerned, he was cleared long ago. We only did this [DNA tests] to comply with his wish to prove his innocence to the public, Pol Lt Gen Prawut said.

We found the Facebook pages administrator might want to destroy the credibility of Thailands judicial process. The page is also linked to a political movement seeking to discredit the government, as reflected by its posts during the Peoples Democratic Reform Committees anti-government protests in the first half, he said.

- See more at: http://www.thephuketnews.com/3-more-dna-results-clear-son-of-koh-tao-big-boss-49450.php#sthash.7cZrIeGb.dpuf

The true conspiracy is now revealed. Any detractors from the plot of this farce are obviously supporters of the villainous other political blah, blah, blah.

Now, the suspects have endorsed the results to the satisfaction of themselves and their supporters. No need for any investigation, not that there was going to be an investigation anyways, but as the accused has confirmed in his statement that he did not do it, the case is now solved. Perfect and complete, so let’s get back to extorting the illegal work force.

Cappy!! You nailed it....and these dudes here who say that we are unpatriotic?? To Thailand? Hilarious, since we are not citizens.

All should be answered in court

A court presided over by one or two Thai judges. Does anyone think the judges will counter the full weight of Thai officialdom all the way up to the PM ?!? They'd have to have either a death wish or want to trash their careers.

It will be a tribunal of several. Judges in Thailand do buck authority and have secure careers.

And now we are just waiting for the fairytale, about Thai judges being above party politics!!cheesy.gifcheesy.gif

How did anyone checked and made sure that the DNA sample were the same ones that were tested? I wonder if the UK investigators were present during these sessions and they followed through in making sure these DNA samples were not tampered with.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

The evidence sample which was tested was provided by Nom's father, so I guess he checked them prior to turning them over to the hospitals that are certified ONLY to provide DNA paternity tests and sequence goat DNA for cloning. Thailand has no labs that are certified for criminal DNA testing. They are not capable of controlling the chain of custody nor securing samples in a manner that ensures prevention of contamination.

The test if a circus side show, never intended to be any part of the investigation, nothing is being introduced as evidence, the RTP there only as photo props, the only result is add to the already substantial international distrust and suspicion about Thailand's justice system.

• Like 2

You're obviously entitled to your opinion, which may be shared by many and that will have an impact on Thailand.

But I have a different and much more experienced opinion than you . . .

I will spend much time in Thailand, feel very safe doing so, and hope against hope that the country will begin to take incremental steps forward, starting with fair trial in the current case, as well as further investigation. Even if that doesn't happen, I still find more positives to being here than negatives---and don't say I have rose-colored glasses, I know and understand much more about the negatives than you could ever hope to imagine.

If I were going to issue a "real-world" travel advisory for Thailand, it would be this:

• Don't ride a motorbike unless you know what you are doing
  • Don't ever cause a Thai man (or any Thai person) to lose face, especially publicly, because retribution will be certain, will come as a surprise, and will be way out of proportion to what you would ever expect
  • Don't ever go into a Thai karaoke joint--the kind with ladies out front (I'm not talking about Beer Bars, those are fine if you observe the previous rule) without a good Thai friend (and even then, don't go)
  • Don't do anything stupid that you wouldn't do in your home country

If you follow this advisory, then Thailand is safer than almost any other country you could visit, including my home country for sure.

I know this because I have traveled extensively for long periods of time in "third-world" and "developing" countries, and because I have cumulatively spent more than a decade in Thailand.

PS I will say that female travelers in the Southern Islands and in Bangkok especially need to take precautions like they would traveling anywhere: Don't wave your handbags around when walking on the street, don't get in taxis alone late at night, don't wander isolated places alone at night. But this should be SOP for female travelers anywhere in the world.

Edited by Bleacher Bum East
  • Like 1

Makes you wonder, who are they really protecting??

Must be someone high up in the foodchain!!coffee1.gif

Not sure if there is any truth in what was already reported but Suthep is supposed to be his Uncle however I don't really see what bearing having such a person of interests as Khun Suthep would have any influence on any outcome, other than he owns quite a substantial part of the Region.

Since a few months, the 'red brigadists' here had gone quiet about Suthep. Here they come again. What a sad bunch! Let's spread a, totally false, rumour: the Warot kid's biological father is Thaksin's brother. Utter nonsense, like the tiny (poisoned) alm of straw they hold on to here, but, boy, you would see them climb to the top of the coconut trees... Guys, is there really no limit for you?

What on earth are you trying to put some political bullshit spin on this murder for ???????

First off try reading a bit closer, it was stated in several threads about Nomsod and his "uncle Suthep"

Now try reading the part where I stated how much truth there is to that claim ??

Then try reading the part where I said if true, what bearing does it really have, other than Suthep owning parts of the area.

But you think that's political? I couldn't care less about Thaksin or Suthep they're both egomaniacs, but I do care about finding and punishing the killers of Hannah and David.

Very very cheap shot trying to bring That politics into this case. Its quite obvious what part of the divide you are on, when if you're a Farang Thai politics has sod all to do with you anyway !! ?

Uncle Suthep?

what???????????????????//

This proves he may have used a condom, May have killed them only, or may be innocent. Now test his friends as it's unlikely he acted alone

There is the forgotten testimony of Sean McAnna, which no one has been privvy too, and he hasn't confirmed, and he won't

and Chris Ware

and Hannahs girl friends.

Their story has been told to UK detectives

That is why all this bickering, is pointless, although the "cyber scouts" are on full display for all who can "read"

• Like 1

Who was the "asian man" caught running to and fro on CCTV and who the police asked the public to help indentify?

are the "archair detectives" and the "internet idiots" making all this up, or did these words not come directly from the Royal Thai Police?

you arent good enough to bait me

• Like 1

Thailand has no labs that are certified at any international standards to conduct criminal DNA testing.

Best add thats straight from the horses mouth claim .... via the RTP when running about like headless chickens and saying they dont have the technology to go further than sex and race.......Singapore or the FBI will test because they do have the tech... Thailand does not... statement by the RTP

Thats easily confirmed in many news reports back at that time, dozens in fact

So all of a sudden at least 4 places have appeared that can test................ ok excuse me for finding that a little strange.

Just thought Id add that if some troll comes in and says "source" or something misdirectionally dumb like that, which judging by peoples posts is exactly what one has done.

Are you really this uninformed or are you purposely being obtuse? No rational person has ever suggested, speculated or stated DNA can not be extracted in Thailand or matched. DNA testing has been used in MANY cases here in Thailand. Just like states in the US turn to the National FBI crime labs when they need more complex analysts of evidence or DNA, it doesn't mean they can't identify DNA and compare it.

Although people spreading lies is usually an irritation to me, I feel embarrassed for you because I think there is a small chance you may actually believe the nonsense you continue to spread.

And what International Standard is being refereed to as all of these locations have numerous international accreditation as do private DNA testing companies in Thailand as do the machines that are produces and calibrated that are used at these facilities.

There are no facilities in Thailand that are capable of provided criminal DNA testing, AS demonstrated by the testing orchastrated by Nom's father. Trying to sell the story that this test is anything other than a huge side show and an embarrasment to Thailand just makes it look worse.

This was a test of DNA samples provided by Nom's father to test against samples also provided by his father. This has nothing to do with the investigation, is not suitable nor was it intended to be suitable for introduction as evidence. The results were provided to the family that purchased the test and the result is that now the family has declared that the tests do not match the case is solved. AGAIN we have proof that this case is complete and perfect. The suspect has said so, so now they are cleared. Sleep tight.

• Like 1

But you did in fact claim you were here Steve Fong, correct?

So one of your comments was obviously not true.

Why make BS comments?

By doing so you clutter up the thread with comments that do nothing to advance the discussion, undermine your own credibility and by implication undermine the credibility your side of the debate, and give ammunition needlessly to those on the other side of the debate.

This situation will never be resolved. Why for two key reasons. Firstly the bib do not want to show their hand , more importantly they appear not to believe they need to as all should accept their comuunications.

Two , the viewing public both locally and international will never believe or trust this group bib. Lastly the bib have only themselves to blame for the distrust in their ability to act fairly. So no solution will ever be found in this case. Regardless of who is convicted we will never know if they really are the guilty persons

This proves he may have used a condom, May have killed them only, or may be innocent. Now test his friends as it's unlikely he acted alone

It's moot whether anyone is tested, because some of us, myself included, don't trust the DNA data which the police claims came from the victim. Who has that data? ONLY THE POLICE thus far. Who can verify whether the DNA data on the victim is actually the same what the police claim? No one, except maybe a lab techie (would that person speak up to go contrary to the full weight of Thai officialdom all the way up to the top?), or the Brits. But thus far, the Brits haven't said anything about DNA. Thai officials have been speaking for the Brit experts by saying, "They think everything is going very well, and the investigation has no flaws" Do the Brits like having Thai brass speak for them? When are we going to hear the British contingent speak up for themselves?

swimming at beach near AC Bar and Maya Bar on that night, after 10 or 15 minutes, when they come back to the beach after swimming, they did not find their guitar and cloth on where they left. Somebody may be stolen their cloth and guitar. but on 14 Oct the police bring as evidence their cloth and guitar to the court. When police check DNA, they dont' check urine, that's means unlawful and not professional method, now police said again if someone disagree what they did, can check those suspect boys DNA again , apparently it's no according to law. They (Suspects) did not trust Embassy representative at first meeting because one of interpreter was pretending to be from Myanmar embassy and threatening during first police investigation (Refer to one of tow interpreter) but they trust Embassy staff when they see with their parents them tell the whole story. Now they are sleeping in their cell only their thing cloth on concrete floor, it's too cold and their health is getting worse. Other cell mate got bed. They act as police and interpreter ask them to act at beach, police and interpreter threaten them not to say anything if media ask, if they say they will be killed.

Trusty ol csi is reporting this today.

As much I have been following this woeful tale this has me beat. I cannot add to this abomination of a tale.

Stolen guitar and clothes by Koh Tao police?

That place needs a WOMD chucked on it. Nuff said.

• Like 1

Without social network this case would have been buried. The DNA tests on the son of the Head man are totally irrelevant,for no other reason but the fact that the murder scene's DNA could have been doctored to fit the need for a conviction. There are only a few facts in this case that hold up,the rest is conjecture.The girl was drugged.The Thai's in the bar,including the owner were coming on to her,and David went to her rescue. The silence of the British police observers is defending,but we are told by the Thai PM that they are totally satisfied with the way the Thai police have conducted the investigationThe prosecutors have failed to charge to two Burmese boys,who have been offered further DNA test and to date have not accepted .The parents of the deceased have not brought charges yet. All possible witness's to the events leading up to the murder are back in the UK and would need to be called in the event of a trial.It must also be assumed that prior to leaving the UK for Thailand,the British police would have conducted interviews with the deceased friends and are therefore totally briefed as to events leading up to the murder.In short,this case has a lot more steam and needs to be kept alive by social media. Justice will eventually prevail.

Todays newspapers are reporting from the Prime Minister that "The British Police have returned to Scotland Yard" Is this a fact?

where are you getting the facts?

she was drugged?

David went to her rescue?

source?

Pornthip... Credibility severely damaged in 1 word. GT200

Agree!! But then explain why Prayuth handpicked her as Head of Forensics??

She was removed to an inactive post under the previous government, and brought back to glory by the general, despite GT200.

So why hasn't the countrys most foremost forensic expert not been allowed anywhere near this case?

To good at connecting the dots??coffee1.gif

Edited by JOC
  • Like 1

Pornthip... Credibility severely damaged in 1 word. GT200

Granted, she may have made a mistake about the GT200. I can forgive a person a mistake, particularly if it's not in her field of expertise. Look at who are/were the experts reMilitary/security gizmos like GT200: Military and Police. Both military and police experts were completely bamboozled by the GT200 ruse for years. Even after social media ding-dongs like myself were screaming about what a ridiculous waste of money was being spent year after year on the useless black box, police and military kept buying them. Only one other country worldwide was tricked in to buying the boxes in quantity (Mexico), and they quit buying them as soon as they realized it was a scam. Thailand is the only country in the world which kept buying them month after month, even when their procurement experts were told by little people like me that the boxes were completely worthless. ....and Thai officials paid ridiculously high prices. Everyone else bargained down the price. Not Thailand.

Thai officials are promoted by paying higher ups. They're also promoted on seniority and their social status, NOT for skills or intelligence. That's a big reason why we have the type of police and military brass we're currently saddled with. It has a bearing on this Ko Tao crime case also, as with dozens of other crime cases which can't be solved by Thai authorities.

I feel sorry for you temple dog .

Why to feel the need to justify your personal life to everyone and then use it as a tool to abuse me.

I'm just stating my opinion that's it's over and it's heading to the courts and the Brits haven't come out and said anything about the investigation or the DNA testing being done wrong.

The problem is and I don't disagree with everything you say but mate it's done and dusted.

Bugger it I was going to let it go but your comment go back to Nichada means what?

I'd play you off a break!

Married to my thai wife for 34 years 3 kids 2 grand kids 3 businesses 1 charity and never heard of Nichada Thani I had to google to see what you meant and quite frankly I find it a sign of insecurity when you stoop to statements like that.

What do you think your above people from that area?

But you did in fact claim you were here Steve Fong, correct?

So one of your comments was obviously not true.

Why make BS comments?

By doing so you clutter up the thread with comments that do nothing to advance the discussion, undermine your own credibility and by implication undermine the credibility your side of the debate, and give ammunition needlessly to those on the other side of the debate.

why try to take the paper out of my toilet?

if I wanted you to know my travel plans, I would book my travel through you

I come and go as I please, and, do not give advance knowledge to anyone, primarily, so I am not robbed,

In the case of Thailand, so I don't fall off a balcony

Number 3

That post is a perfect example of why rational people don't like conspiracy theorist sites

I don't think anyone is saying, not even CSI LA, that their site only has ironclad reports. The reports are particularly weird if churned through online translation service, because Thai is one the most difficult languages for online translation services to translate to English, and vice versa. I had some English paragraphs. I translated the same text to 20 different languages (incl Russian, Chinese, Korean). Guess which language was consistently the most skewed away from original meanings? Yup, Thai, by a large margin.

Jdinasia sounds like a creaky broken record. How many times has he bandied out 'conspiracy theory' in his many posts? I'd guess 200. We get it, JD and JTJ. You guys don't want to see or hear anything which strays from the official BS which gets spewed from Thai officialdom.

Despite ramblings on CSI LA, there are some very interesting tidbits which have a bearing on the case, which Thai cops wouldn't have been able to find on their own. Heck, Thai cops can't even get an idea of the murder weapon used on David. There are 1000 other things which Thai investigators either can't fathom, haven't looked for, or don't want the public to know about because those things implicate the headman's friends and family.

• Like 1

Not baiting, did you not claim you returned on Wed? In an attempt to have some credibility?

crediblity? on my own laptop?

ok, whatever you say.

like any good shill, and, you are an educated writer shill, you gloss over the substance and focus on the manure, I mean minutia,

so let's have a nother go at it ok, asiajohn?

• Like 1

What ever happened to Gen Panya after he made his announcement that Mon and Worat were prime suspects? And why were Mon and Worat dismissed as suspects so quickly after Lt Gen Chakthip to over the case.

• 9-23-2014-3-14-56-PM-wpcf_728x413.jpg

Now there is an intelligent question.

There are 2 possibilities. Take your choice which one you prefer.

What ever happened to Gen Panya after he made his announcement that Mon and Worat were prime suspects? And why were Mon and Worat dismissed as suspects so quickly after Lt Gen Chakthip to over the case.

• 9-23-2014-3-14-56-PM-wpcf_728x413.jpg

Now there is an intelligent question.

There are 2 possibilities. Take your choice which one you prefer.

Panya was promoted. Check out the papers starting from the 11th of September. See the chronology of the story.

Exculpatory evidence cleared the previous suspects (as it had twice before)

• Like 1

Now there is an intelligent question. There are 2 possibilities. Take your choice which one you prefer.
It appears the first police boss on the case, Gen Panya, was only a bit corrupted, but he appeared to try to do a reasonably decent investigation. After a week, two individual little people went public claiming cops were beating them (and/or offering them money) to be false witnesses in order to shield the headman's family. Within a day or two, Thailand's top general replaced the former guy with a newer guy, with the instructions: "wrap this case up quickly. It's horrible for tourist revenue!" The new guy got Burmese scapegoats the next day, and the rest is what we've been upset about ever since.

I am sorry but I wasn't consulted.

Perhaps simply a better choice than the Thaksin proxy that was keeping the seat warm?

Here's some unsolicited advice: If you've run out of things to say, give yourself a break and take a walk in the park.

As the song goes: "You say it best, when you say nothing at all." ....and I'm not talking romance.

• Like 2