"Pastrami On Rye" Deli Sandwiches - Jomtien -

EddieHaskel

Yes they are still making pizza. thumbsup.gif

http://www.americanpizzapattaya.com/

Are they any good ? Plenty of good Italian pizza restaurants in the Jomtien area, so how does the american pizza taste like ?

I don't know ... not really much of a pizza eater these days (weight control concerns). I liked the pizzas when they were open before VERY MUCH ... and you can see from their website they are doing styles nobody else is doing in town, like real Chicago deep dish. The prices are also very high for Pattaya pizza but it's clear they're using lots of cheese, toppings, etc, in the American style.

Edited by Jingthing

I am a great fan of the classic American Deli sandwich....I am not from the Good old U.S of A .but I have travelled extensively Stateside ..having road tripped 27 states Key West to the Arctic Circle in Alaska and from east to west coast and lots in between ...so I have had my fair share of Deli delights .....I have to say that the sandwiches I had to day (The Rueben and the Cuban) were very good quality for a Thai Deli type sandwich but I would have been disappointed if I was served them in some of the Iconic deli's I have eaten in over the years .

But having said all that I will eat there again when I want that bloated belly busting feeling .

Edited by banglay

Ok I have to admit their sandwiches were extremely good. I tried one today , price 300 baht ++.

I'm Scandinavian so I really dont know how an authentic american sandwich tastes like , but this was top notch. I doubt you will find any better in SE Asia. Will return for sure,

• Like 1

Are they any good ? Plenty of good Italian pizza restaurants in the Jomtien area, so how does the american pizza taste like ?

I don't know ... not really much of a pizza eater these days (weight control concerns). I liked the pizzas when they were open before VERY MUCH ... and you can see from their website they are doing styles nobody else is doing in town, like real Chicago deep dish. The prices are also very high for Pattaya pizza but it's clear they're using lots of cheese, toppings, etc, in the American style.

Stop the bus.

They are doing Chicago style pizza??

I want a PIC please....and a review....I am on the bus from Bangkok in the near future if this is true.....

Stop the bus.

They are doing Chicago style pizza??

I want a PIC please....and a review....I am on the bus from Bangkok in the near future if this is true.....

From their facebook page:

post-37101-0-96575700-1415661163_thumb.j

post-37101-0-60921400-1415661213_thumb.j

https://www.facebook.com/amercanpizzafactory/timeline

• Like 1

I used to live in Chitown and have had the best Chicago pies there (and some cutey pies too, I was young back then) and no the crust should not be hard like that. Oh well. The thing I used to love about that style of pizza was putting it in the frig and eating a slice COLD for breakfast! Fantastic.

Honestly, VISUALLY that crust doesn't seem quite on target either.

Edited by Jingthing

I wasn't sold on the picture to be honest.

I don't want my first Chicago pizza to be a disappointment....one of my foody to do list!

Chicago is quite a nice place to visit ... but not in the summer and not in the winter! coffee1.gif

I quite like the idea of a white Christmas there to be honest.....then fly to the Caribbean on Boxing Day naturally. ;)

I don't want my first Chicago pizza to be a disappointment....one of my foody to do list!

Chicago is quite a nice place to visit ... but not in the summer and not in the winter! coffee1.gif

I quite like the idea of a white Christmas there to be honest.....then fly to the Caribbean on Boxing Day naturally. wink.png

It's really too cold ... you could get frostbite.

I quite like the idea of a white Christmas there to be honest.....then fly to the Caribbean on Boxing Day naturally. wink.png

It's really too cold ... you could get frostbite.

I'm from the north of Scotland JT....I might pack a sweater though...thanks for the warning. :D

I'm from the north of Scotland JT....I might pack a sweater though...thanks for the warning. biggrin.png

If you want a white Christmas in the U.S. that is lovely, go to Vermont or some place like that.

Gotcha.

Still awaiting the quality pizza place in Thailand....crikey I'm starting to think I might have to open one myself!

I used to live a half-block from Eduardo's on N. Dearborn and was a regular. In that neighborhood the winds blowing off Lake Michigan were nasty in the winter. But, the pizza never let me down.

Dropped by last night for first time (Nov 14). Got the reuben but with pastrami. Moist and yummy. I would prefer the bread lightly toasted to handle sauce and sour kraut effects, but small quibble. John says will make any way you want regarding combinations of goodies. Also somewhere I saw price listed as 350, but actually 335 and includes order of potato salad. What also surprised me no end is lots of imported beer from Oregon (my home state, and many good micros there). I don't drink much anymore, but J gave me a shot of Rogue to try while sandwich being erected. All around thumbs up for this wonderful addition to delights of Jomtien. The most real commodity available I reckon.

• 3 months later...

The sandwiches are huge. Too big. I never understood why they stack the meat so high?

Could take one home and make 4 or 5 regular size sandwiches with all that meat.

They should make a junior size, priced for Pattayas largest demographic, the cheap charlie.

Was wondering when someone would spout some crap, wasnt long waiting was it????

No doubt great food.....I know a lot of places that make western food just miss the mark by a bit but you tend to give them a bit of latitude. Not John and Sean....I would eat there food if I found there place in the US.Job very well done.

• Like 2

No doubt great food.....I know a lot of places that make western food just miss the mark by a bit but you tend to give them a bit of latitude. Not John and Sean....I would eat there food if I found there place in the US.Job very well done.

I use the word great sparingly after all we talking deli sandwiches, pizza and breakfast. I think what we have is a business that has found a niche in the market. Some people are willing to pay for better quality and generous portions, you won't find Russian on the menu here!