230,000 Baht Ayutthaya water bill declared error

webfact

9,999,000 liters a month that's 230 liter water per minute - looking at the picture with meter and size of pipe, can 230 liters pass each minute...? whistling.gif

No, if you read the story the Water Company have admitted it was a mistake

Yes, I did read and that's exactly what the article says - even the Water Company can see it's impossible... laugh.png

So why were you asking a question that you already knew the answer to? w00t.gif

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

"I couldn't sleep at all. My blood pressure went up," said Wiriya, who works as a local rescue volunteer. "I kept asking my wife how we are going to pay the bill. I was very stressed."

Seriously, are there no limits to stupidity?? alt=whistling.gif>

nothing surprises me in this country

In the States, if I received a similar bill I would laugh and call the Water Company to rectify it. Keep the original bill and have it framed. In Thailand the customer goes, "Oh my Bhudda! The wife must have left the taps running all night! How will I ever pay this bill!?" The difference is that the Western/European education system teaches you to think and the Thai education system teaches you not to think. So when the Thai authority tells you something you believe it. The reason that the Chinese Thais who run this country send their children to western schools and universities.

So long as this error is righted all is well , Thailand isn't an orphan in this area generally it is Telco's in OZ trying to promote their product with larger than life bills to unsuspecting customers, all is well that ends well for the family now you can all relax. Drink anyone.biggrin.png

Gas and electricity bills in the UK frequently come with huge, heart attack inducing errors!

Edited by Farang99

Probably made the poor man pass even more water to add to his bill when he saw that lot.

Jokes apart.... how can such a mistake happen? If this is possible imagine what the water reader or dept can do to balance their books?

Did they detect where the fault is.... was it wrong pricing ..... because a computer does not make mistakes - GIGO - garbage in garbage out.

The official probably just put "9999" as a dummy number (placeholder) in the "Current Meter reading" field and forgot to change it back to the real reading number.