Customize/Make new seat

tmaker

There is a shop on east side of Road 3, opposite soi 15 (I think?),

that sells aftermarket and refurbishes existing seats.

Good prices.

Also Mai Tai on Soi Boukaw for large selection of aftermarket seats and a myriad of other things, especially PCX bling.

Open 24hr./day.

The most comfortable way would be a gel seat. available from Pro Masters in the U.S. & have them customize a seat for you. I did a Kawasaki 650 Er6n in Bang Saray & the upholsterer really knows his shit about making a custom bike seat. www.thepropad.com it costs for my 650 . about $50.00 now $55.00 or you can go up to $79.00 for their tech mesh gel pad. Plus whatever the 3lb insert costs to ship. These are some real comfortable inserts. If you need a good upholster my guy in Bang Saray was about $14.00 for the job & he basically redesigned my seat. The way they made the Ninjas your ball sack gets smashed to the tank. Now it is designed to never do that anymore! Give me a PM if you need help.

bike is Steed.

coming in a few days,

i'm gonna modifyt the seat to be removable type. single seater or double seater. got the design figured out.

just that i cannot use stock seat.that's why need to customize.

i can DIY, just do not have the tools and the time.

bike is Steed.

coming in a few days,

i'm gonna modifyt the seat to be removable type. single seater or double seater. got the design figured out.

just that i cannot use stock seat.that's why need to customize.

i can DIY, just do not have the tools and the time.

any seat shop - you can identify them by hanging seats in front of the shop - can do whatever you want or they can tell you where to go at least. only problem is explaining them what you want.

if you can draw it and show it to them, they can understand and do a custom tailored seat for your needs.

Some of them are really skillful.

good luck.

maybe I put it wrongly.

need to customize a seat.

INCLUDING THE 'BASE'.

so,stock seats will not fit into my new design. this is more correct way of putting it and clearer.

yes, they also do bases or modify the existing base.

i would prefer leads/reccomendation , job done and you're happy with them.

as you guys already know, Thai Standard and Quality .

also I do not want to pop into every shop and get the answer ; NO HAB.

Edited by tmaker

The actual frame part you will have to do a shop by shop search as Pattaya shops are more take it off & replace it. The auto shops here are a total joke. Zero creativity in auto body. There are several shops that modify choppers . I think one is on the bottom of Therrapesit . If they are still there. Other than that if they have to modify the steel portion of the bike frame That will be a fabrication shops job. No Somchais that good & if they roach it you have to get a new seat to start over.

If it is the polystyrene type plastic they maybe able to work it. I am not sure as I have a newer Kawi & it is made of plastic. I think the Steed- Magna is a metal base. But at any rate I could not find any shop to madify my plastis rear fender & make it a half fender or hugger myself. The shops I did find that could do it either were numb nuts or they just didn't want to do the job because it was not a gravy job.

The shop that builds customs on Therrapesit may be your best answer. If not they would know someone good enough to do the job.

Why does the stock seat frame need to be modified. Did they alter the bikes frame as it may be easier to have a shop build back the original style on the frame then to attempt the almost impossible in Pattaya. However there are some mod shops that will make anything in Rayong. You may end up going there to get it done.I would give you some recomendations but I have not used the mill shops out that way yet. I found another way to mod what I was working on. That was waiting till I went back to the U.S. & had access on a CNC lathe. Unfortunately Thailand is a hard place to get things done. So this is the Back To You 112 if you have any ideas on who can do!