Which bank atm has the largest withdrawal amount

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There are ATMs that allow 30000. E.g. at Krungsri Bank.

Most can give only 20000, Bangkok Bank 25000.

Thats the technical limit (max. no of notes * 1000 Baht).

Card limits might be lower. Different topic.

Be careful not to use DCC (dynamic currency conversion).

Meaning that the ATM will show you a £ (GPB) amount and asks for confirmation.

Never do that. Very bad exchange rate.

Always select to be charged in Thai Baht otherwise cancel.

Many threads about this topic.

The last one seems to be this one:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/756213-maximum-atm-withdrawl/

All Thai ATMS are capped at 20 000 baht per time. So if your limit is ok overseas, you could withdrawal 20k multiple times.

Wrong as wrong can be!

Utter nonsense would be the better wording.

25000 Baht is my usual withdrawal at Bangkok Bank where I have an account,

More hints in the other thread.

Krungsri Bank and Thai Military Bank (TMB) provide up to Bt30K transactions as that is the ones I been using for the last few months when using my foreign Visa cards. Using my Visa cards the Krungsri fee is Bt180 and the TMB fee Bt150. There are several other Thai banks as mentioned in this thread and others that also provide up to Bt30K....then there are some that are Bt25K and some at Bt20K.

Here is the answer for the OP...walk into the branch with your ATM card and passport and draw the 26k over the counter..wink.png

I never tried it, but I suspect it will involve additional fees at your home bank (comparable to credit card payment for goods and services).

I have a credit card which does not involve fees for ATM transactions (at the home bank), but 1.75% for other use.

Use of a person's foreign ATM/debit card to accomplish a counter withdrawal will be met with different levels of success depending on the bank branch. Some branches will accept debit cards to accomplish a counter withdrawal and some will not. Some will just point you to their ATM. And some branches will not do a counter withdrawal for a debit card but will for a credit card. The Thai bank will not charge a fee and you will get the Visa/Mastercard exchange rate, but of course if your card-issuing bank applies a foreign transaction fee and/or cash advance fee on a credit card your card-issuing bank will hit you with those fees....don't blame the Thai bank or Visa for that...blame your card-issuing bank.

I regularly do cash advances using my no foreign transaction fee and no cash advance fee credit card....and then come home after getting the cash advance, log onto my credit card account and do a payment in full to avoid any interest charges since interest charges start immediately upon obtaining a cash advance when using a credit card. Now this same branch will not do a cash advance for a debit card...I have several no foreign transaction fee cards and would use them but as mentioned the branch I use won't do counter withdrawals for debit cards.

Krungsri Bank and Thai Military Bank (TMB) provide up to Bt30K transactions as that is the ones I been using for the last few months when using my foreign Visa cards. Using my Visa cards the Krungsri fee is Bt180 and the TMB fee Bt150. There are several other Thai banks as mentioned in this thread and others that also provide up to Bt30K....then there are some that are Bt25K and some at Bt20K.

TMB, Krungsri/Ayudhya (the yellow bank), and CIMB all seem to be in the 30K ATM club.

The advantage of TMB ATMs is their Thai withdrawal fee for VISA debit cards is only 150 baht, not the 180 baht charged by Krungsri/Ayudhya.

Kasikorn is 20,000bt a a time (or maximum 20 notes when they have run out of 1.000's which they are regularly prone to do)

Normal maximum withdrawal per day is 50,000baht (requiring 3 transactions) unless you make prior artrangements with the bank.

When on occasions I need more, I transfer money to my wifes account, and can then draw another 50,000baht on her card!

All Thai ATMS are capped at 20 000 baht per time. So if your limit is ok overseas, you could withdrawal 20k multiple times.

Wrong as wrong can be!

Utter nonsense would be the better wording.

25000 Baht is my usual withdrawal at Bangkok Bank where I have an account,

More hints in the other thread.

KhunBENG is 100% correct. I have been withdrawing money from BKK bank for 5 years at 25,000. My account is with BKK and I have one at the "K" bank.

Baa_Mango I believe is talking about people that use overseas ATM cards drawing on their overseas accounts, but I think the OP is talking about bank accounts held in Thailand. I have no opinion on what the answer on overseas ATM card withdrawals may be.

When I asked about increasing the amount you can withdraw at an ATM on my BKK account, they told me I could. When I asked how much they said up to 200,000. I have not tested this as I decided to leave it at 25,000, but it is a little hard to believe because that's a lot of money to dispense from an ATM (Thickness-wise), unless it does it in increments of 25,000 at a time. I also find it hard to believe their policies would allow that much to be withdrawn at one time. Maybe I'll test this out one day.

My Green or "K" bank account limit is 20,000.

Here is the answer for the OP...walk into the branch with your ATM card and passport and draw the 26k over the counter..wink.png

I never tried it, but I suspect it will involve additional fees at your home bank (comparable to credit card payment for goods and services).

I have a credit card which does not involve fees for ATM transactions (at the home bank), but 1.75% for other use.

I heard otherwise, namely it was a way to avoid both a machine limit and the 180 baht surcharge.

Of course use a debit card/ATM NOT a credit card.

Let me know if I am wrong...(do I need to say that on TV? :D)

When I asked about increasing the amount you can withdraw at an ATM on my BKK account, they told me I could. When I asked how much they said up to 200,000. I have not tested this as I decided to leave it at 25,000, but it is a little hard to believe because that's a lot of money to dispense from an ATM (Thickness-wise), unless it does it in increments of 25,000 at a time. I also find it hard to believe their policies would allow that much to be withdrawn at one time. Maybe I'll test this out one day.

They didn't mean "per transaction", they meant Bt200K "per day", which means you could do eight Bt25K withdrawals per day. The limit per withdrawal is Bt25K regardless of what your daily limit may be.

Correct. But a couple of posters in this thread are talking max withdrawal per transaction, some are taking max per day, and some are talking their local Thai bank debit card where they could possibly pull up to around Bt200K per day while others are talking their foreign bank debt card which is probably limited to around $1000USD/Bt32K per transacton/day. The different posts talking about different transaction limits and different cards (local and foreign) can cause some confusion.

A person needs to first know what the per transaction and daily transaction limits are as set by his "card-issuing bank." Then when they you get ready to slide the card into an ATM then they also need to know what "transaction limit that particular ATM applies." When knowing these three limits then they can use the ATM with less frustration and if the ATM rejects/limits a transaction they will not be blaming the wrong entity. I've seen many ThaiVisa posts were a person got mad because a Thai ATM wouldn't even allow a Bt20K transaction and they blame the Thai ATM...but a few of those posters come back later and say they misplaced that blame because they just found out their home country card-issuing bank only allows $300 (Bt10K) per transaction/day. Yeap, people need to know the various limits in play.

I though the amount you can withdraw in one go/day was dictated by you own bank. HSBC Malaysai is 5000RM , it doesn't matter what ATM I go to I cannot get more than the limit of 5000

The bottom line is that different Thai banks issue different amounts per time at their ATM machines.

The banks also set different daily limits and, normally (presuming the bank is being informative to the customer) that's determined at the time you are issued your ATM card. My current account is with SCB and my daily limit is 20,000 (a limit I set - although they offered much higher daily limits - because I don't need more than that on most days and I figured that it was a safety method in case my ATM card was lost/stolen). On the rare occasion I need more than 20,000 baht in a day, I go into the bank with my bank book and passport and withdraw whatever amount I want.

Think you should apoligise to the forum for giving out misinformation. If your limit is high enough overseas TMB =Thai Military Bank , Krungsri = yellow Bank , CIMB bank = pink and CitiBank allow 30,000 baht withdrawals. I have done up to two 30,000 baht withdrawals at CIMB,Krunsri and CitiBank at same time. Bangkok Bank allows 25,000 baht at a time.

So your statement that "ALL" Thai banks are capped at 20,000 baht per time is completely wrong! If you don't believe try those banks. The advantage is that if you want more than 20,000 baht you don't have to do as many withdrawals and be charged 150 or 180 baht each time you use the ATM. And yes I know that some of you use cards that reimburse the 150--180 baht fee at your overseas branches.

I know in Malaysia you can get 30 Notes only in one attempt. Some machines only do 50rm notes so you can get 1500 and then have to put your card in again if you want more. If you go to HSBC main branches where you get 100RM notes meaning you can take 3000RM in one go

Baa_Mango I believe is talking about people that use overseas ATM cards drawing on their overseas accounts, but I think the OP is talking about bank accounts held in Thailand. I have no opinion on what the answer on overseas ATM card withdrawals may be.

My Green or "K" bank account limit is 20,000.

People are getting confused I think between what you own banks daily withdrawal limit is on your account and what is maximum amount one can withdraw with a single ATM withdrawal, the overseas card thing doesn't really come into it.

If your own account has a daily withdrawal limit of say THB 500k in a 24hr period, you can with draw THB 500k, but you will have to make multiple withdrawals at the ATM, of either 20k, 25k or 30k a time depended on which bank it is, and at THB 150 or 180 a withdrawal this going to get expensive very quickly.

A bank will give a customer any limit they want on their account, if they ask for it, I could ask for a limit of THB 1.0 million/day on my international card, if I wanted, but to take it out in Thailand via an ATM I would be standing at the ATM a long time and of course having such a high limit on an ATM account is absolute stupidity if your card/account gets cloned or hacked, you going to take a really big hit.

Archived